Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    The only reason everyone is still talk over cesc, nasri and rvp is because they know they all made the right moves for their careers
    Nasri, yes, but Cesc and RvP were on the cusp of becoming Arsenal legends. Van Persie threw away legend status for one league title, but Cesc got a lot more out of his move, winning numerous titles and accolades (both in La Liga and here).

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas took a penalty for you lot with a broken leg against his boyhood club ffs. And why should he have to spend his peak years at Arsenal rather than his boyhood and favourite club, who let's be honest were wiling to pay Arsenal a record fee for him, and had far far far better chances of winning trophies. This sort of selective memory is why people hate Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I'm going to the Sunday game vs Wolfsburg, but yeah can't wait
    I'm actually procrastinating about buying the Arsenal v Lyon tickets , now I want to see us play Wolfsburg more, think it'll be much more of an entertaining friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    I'm actually procrastinating about buying the Arsenal v Lyon tickets , now I want to see us play Wolfsburg more, think it'll be much more of an entertaining friendly.
    Why? They might sell out tbh, don't wait too long. And yeah, Wolfsburg game will be cracking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Cesc should never ever be brought back, ****ing ratty snake, our fans are scum if they think Nasri's a bigger snake than Cesc. Cesc went on strike, refused to play for the club, and basically admitted that in his last year he stopped caring, and then stabbed us and Arsene in the back by going to Mourinho.
    Yeah, I said this at the time Cesc left and you retards didn't believe me. RVP may have done a ******** ting, same for Nasri but at least they won't bull**** you and pretend. Guys like Cesc are the type who you will trust and they'll leave you in a ditch.

I can smell a snake from a mile away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Nasri, yes, but Cesc and RvP were on the cusp of becoming Arsenal legends. Van Persie threw away legend status for one league title, but Cesc got a lot more out of his move, winning numerous titles and accolades (both in La Liga and here).
    Fabregas maybe but rvp no way, titles define legends, not carrying a team to 4th place and we wouldn't have won anything if he stayed. Same could be said for fabregas, he'd have been best to just beg wengs to take him back last season if he cared about being a legend, but I doubt he'll be losing any sleep with a pl medal around his neck....

To say any of them made the wrong choice in moving is 100% allowing bias to cloud reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Fabregas took a penalty for you lot with a broken leg against his boyhood club ffs. And why should he have to spend his peak years at Arsenal rather than his boyhood and favourite club, who let's be honest were wiling to pay Arsenal a record fee for him, and had far far far better chances of winning trophies. This sort of selective memory is why people hate Arsenal fans.
    Lets be honest Cesc is a snake.
    I been saying it for time before he went to Chelsea.
    Facts are:
    1. Cesc went on strike. Lowering his value to Barcelona when he was worth 40M at the time.
    2. Cesc didn't bother during his last season cos he knew he was going to force a move in the summer.
    3. Cesc went to the spanish players and got them to talk him up in the media about a move away from Arsenal the entire time the last 2 seasons at Arsenal.
    4. Cesc burnt enough bridges at Arsenal that despite Wenger having the money to resign him, decided not to simply out of principle.
    5. Cesc went from hating Mourinho and making underhanded comments to being his ***** in a few months.

Cesc is an ********, I don't like him, he's a ****ing rat, who would do anything to dig himself out of a hole. He's a man without a shred of integrity. He's never been good enough to be the main man of a team challenging for trophies. Only a retard would think he was.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest cesc is a snake in his private life too, currently dating some **** who has kids with another man after having an affair with her behind her millionaire husband's back. Definition of a lad and a complete **** all in one

ReputationRep:
    Jam = fairweather/bandwagon fan confirmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Fabregas maybe but rvp no way, titles define legends, not carrying a team to 4th place and we wouldn't have won anything if he stayed. Same could be said for fabregas, he'd have been best to just beg wengs to take him back last season if he cared about being a legend, but I doubt he'll be losing any sleep with a pl medal around his neck....
    To say any of them made the wrong choice in moving is 100% allowing bias to cloud reality.
    RvP is 8th top Arsenal scorer ever, if he was still playing for us now, he'd probably be 3rd in the all time records after Wright and Henry. To say a legend needs titles is a bit narrow, RvP would have legend status based on goal contributions. Fabregas could have emulated Henry in terms of legend status, but his move to Chelsea ruined it. As I said, neither of them made the wrong move career-wise (although RvP is debatable), but in terms of how they are remembered, it has completely changed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Jam = fairweather/bandwagon fan confirmed
    Lol my entire post is a dig on Arsenals best player since Thierry Henry and how far they fell to have a man with as little integrity as Fabregas as their captain. Arsenal are pathetic for letting their captain go on strike, a frankly substandard captain at that. Although I guess being clearly substandard for some teams is the required standard at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lets be honest Cesc is a snake.
    I been saying it for time before he went to Chelsea.
    Facts are:
    1. Cesc went on strike. Lowering his value to Barcelona when he was worth 40M at the time.
    2. Cesc didn't bother during his last season cos he knew he was going to force a move in the summer.
    3. Cesc went to the spanish players and got them to talk him up in the media about a move away from Arsenal the entire time the last 2 seasons at Arsenal.
    4. Cesc burnt enough bridges at Arsenal that despite Wenger having the money to resign him, decided not to simply out of principle.
    5. Cesc went from hating Mourinho and making underhanded comments to being his ***** in a few months.

Cesc is an ********, I don't like him, he's a ****ing rat, who would do anything to dig himself out of a hole. He's a man without a shred of integrity. He's never been good enough to be the main man of a team challenging for trophies. Only a retard would think he was.
    Gotta agree with Jam here. The guy plays for the team he supports and helped them win a pl title but he's telling it how it is. He went on striker after everything the club and Wenger did for him. Wenger still talks to Na$ri but doesnt talk to Cesc anymore. That should tell you the amount of bull**** Cesc put Wenger through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Cesc to Barca and RVP to United is very questionable. Both were essentially duped. Their time at Barca/Utd isn't what they expected
    Yes I'm sure they would've rather stayed and played for 4th place than win league trophies, and in Cesc's case go back home to beautiful weather, his family, play with legends of the game and then return to the best club in England and win the Premier League.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Cringe.

ReputationRep:
    Very cringe

ReputationRep:
    Less said about that the better

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Loool reminds me of that one backstreet boys video where they're in space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    Yes I'm sure they would've rather stayed and played for 4th place than win league trophies, and in Cesc's case go back home to beautiful weather, his family, play with legends of the game and then return to the best club in England and win the Premier League.
    Don't get confused. I didn't say they would been better off staying at Arsenal, I'm just saying their particular to moves Barca/Utd wasn't the dream they envisioned.

I'm pretty sure RVP had an of from Juve. He should have gone to Italy instead of United if he wanted more opportunities for trophies and CL success

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.