Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's official, Mignolet kept more clean sheets in 2015 than any other PL keeper.

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Tekkers MOTM...I see.

Also genuine question but is ANY away fixture not "tough", right now in the post-match player interview we have Adam with the classic "sometimes you need the rub of the green when you come to a tough place like this"

Yeah.....Sunderland.....tough is **** for a side like Liverpool then?
    It's tough when you're playing against 10 men behind the ball.

Big Sam was aiming for at least a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    It's official, Mignolet kept more clean sheets in 2015 than any other PL keeper.

I actually can't see much wrong with him. I've always believed it was what's in front of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    A sitter is when it's literally so easy to score and nothing's stopping you from doing so....like how he had an open goal against Leicester all he had to do was tap it in :lol:

I do agree though at a top level a striker should be burying such chances but then again it doesn't surprise me given that Klopp always picks Firmino over Benteke so he's lacking confidence.
    Yeah that's fair enough i guess - in any case like you correctly said, he should be having those chances for breakfast.
    Those are the kind of opportunities that players like Sturridge (and even Origi) would absolutely bury.
    Benteke produces some serious magic at times but I simply cannot see a future where he produces consistently for us.

I'm not sure about the confidence argument - he'd already scored in both matches before he missed his easy chance so he should've been raring to get another in the same match.

(Original post by Vaginal_Rights)
    Completely different scenarios.

In the Leicester game Benteke was faced with an open net, whereas in this game he was still faced by the goal keeper.

A sitter is a wide open net with no goalie or anything.

I personally think you should all cut him some slack. He scored in both the games and is playing in a team where he simply doesn't fit in.
    True, however I think the source of frustration is that he didn't even make Mannone work for the save, he just gave it right to him.

I don't blame the guy for not fitting in to this team - it's clear he doesn't suit our playing style whatsoever, but for a Premier League striker, a chance like that is the same no matter what team you play for. Fair enough if it were Lucas in that position, but your striker is meant to be the man on the field perfectly suited gto a chance like that.

ReputationRep:
    As a ST I get rather annoyed when someone shouts "That was a sitter" when I'm still facing the goalie lol :lol: So I feel the need to explain what a sitter is in detail
    I know right, one on ones are not easy! You can feel the pressure and you can tell he's not confident enough in his ability!

Do you play in a league btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)

I don't even know either mate...

ReputationRep:
    I know right, one on ones are not easy! You can feel the pressure and you can tell he's not confident enough in his ability!

Do you play in a league btw?
    Yup Some amateur league in Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Yeah that's fair enough i guess - in any case like you correctly said, he should be having those chances for breakfast.
    Those are the kind of opportunities that players like Sturridge (and even Origi) would absolutely bury.
    Benteke produces some serious magic at times but I simply cannot see a future where he produces consistently for us.

I'm not sure about the confidence argument - he'd already scored in both matches before he missed his easy chance so he should've been raring to get another in the same match.
    Benteke doesn't fit Klopps style very well so I can see him leaving in the near future. He's a good striker though although he's work rate is low...he's lazy. Perhaps Klopp might bring someone decent for you guys in the January window seeing as Sturridge always has injuries lol

Not sure about Origi i haven't really seen enough of his goal scoaring to judge...

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, atleast Benteke is contributing more than what Balotelli, Borini and Lambert have last season and that is scoring and winning games for us. We still have half a season to go, hopefully he can build up his confidence over time and start scoring more often. Noticed that he is starting to move a bit more, not great and still needs work but it got him the goal today.

ReputationRep:
    Benteke doesn't fit Klopps style very well so I can see him leaving in the near future. He's a good striker though although he's work rate is low...he's lazy. Perhaps Klopp might bring someone decent for you guys in the January window seeing as Sturridge always has injuries lol

Not sure about Origi i haven't really seen enough of his goal scoaring to judge...
    I don't think "lazy" is the right word :lol:

Although he's miles and miles better than me, we do share the same style. We're both tall and slow(ish).

He plays more like a CF than a ST tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Yup Some amateur league in Bristol!
    what age group?

I'm thinking of joining a team again.....I'm more of a direct winger/ attacking midfield.....i prefer to provide assists but also score goals!

I really miss the game tbh

ReputationRep:
    I don't think "lazy" is the right word :lol:

Although he's miles and miles better than me, we do share the same style. We're both tall and slow(ish).

He plays more like a CF than a ST tbh.
    Hmm Klopps style is very much high work rate pressing! Most of the time he stands there...walks slow...takes his time which is why i think Klopp prefers Firmino to him because he's always active always pressing for the ball which fits his philosophy a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    what age group?

I'm thinking of joining a team again.....I'm more of a direct winger/ attacking midfield.....i prefer to provide assists but also score goals!

I really miss the game tbh
    Well it's like a Uni football league, so 18-21/22

Nothing particuarly special haha!

I'll go ST or CF easily. I play well if I've got a CAM directly hehind me or a quick winger. Scored 21 (or something) goals last season but broke my leg 2 weeks from the end

ReputationRep:
    Hmm Klopps style is very much high work rate pressing! Most of the time he stands there...walks slow...takes his time which is why i think Klopp prefers Firmino to him because he's always active always pressing for the ball which fits his philosophy a lot better.

PRSOM

Us tall guys can't afford to pressure defenders the whole game ! We get knackered!

Firmino's a lot better suited because he's quick and can sustain the pressing game.

We basically need a new striker

ReputationRep:
    Well it's like a Uni football league, so 18-21/22

Nothing particuarly special haha!

I'll go ST or CF easily. I play well if I've got a CAM directly hehind me or a quick winger. Scored 21 (or something) goals last season but broke my leg 2 weeks from the end
    own goals don't count mate :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    dat finishing doe

I would give anything to make it pro....wish I could quit uni and go play at football camps

ReputationRep:
    own goals don't count mate :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    dat finishing doe

I would give anything to make it pro....wish I could quit uni and go play at football camps
    Lol I barely ever got back to defend. I'll be honest though....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    3 own goals :lol:

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM

Us tall guys can't afford to pressure defenders the whole game ! We get knackered!

Firmino's a lot better suited because he's quick and can sustain the pressing game.

We have Ings and Origi who fit the bill, the former is out for the season and the latter is also injured but still young. Frustrating tbh and not much Klopp can do other than try and get Benteke slotted into the team. We have really been unlucky with injuries to our strikers apart from Sturridge which is a certainty.

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM

I reckon if Klopp brings in the likes of Reus, Gundogan and a top striker to Liverpool you guys will be amazing and be actually title worthy!

ReputationRep:
    I reckon if Klopp brings in the likes of Reus, Gundogan and a top striker to Liverpool you guys will be amazing and be actually title worthy!
    I would squeal like a little girl if we got them!

ReputationRep:
    He's lablled as a huge talent but I really don't see anything in Firmino. He's more or less anonymous every game.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.