The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NR_898
I've applied to Leeds and received an offer! It's a good uni and its overall ranking is higher than other unis like KCL and QMUL...I'm considering it, especially since I'm still waiting for my other 4 choices and I'm kinda losing hope!

Right, thank you! What are your other four choices?
Original post by Cholesta
Return migrant is right. My son and I went to see Bristol and Notts. personally speaking I loved Notts. Although it was a rotten day, pouring rain, mist etc, I could see it was a beautiful campus, 5 mins from the city which is lively, with lots to do. The taster law lecture was excellent and the uni itself is well respected. The Wills law building is amazing but the city of Bristol isn't that big. Reputation would be similar for both. Watch the you tube videos for Notts and Bristol.

Thank you. I have, and there isn't really much that would sway my decision. In terms of social life, Bristol is usually seen as a better option - how true is this?

Also, I'm contemplating a gap year to reapply to King's. Can you compare Bristol / Notts in terms of social life, expenses, getting around, sightseeing, etc to London?
What are the pros and cons of student life in London?

I may not be able to visit during spring holidays so I need to make an informed decision.
Got an offer yesterday from KCL for law with French law with conditions of AA
That's me 5 for 5 now:
Unconditional Edinburgh
Unconditional Glasgow
Rejected from Oxford post interview
Conditional at Exeter - AAA
Conditional at KCL - AA

27 in the LNAT in case anyone is still waiting
Original post by returnmigrant
Its unlikely that KCL will have places in Adjustment so this may not be a wise strategy. Both Bristol and Nottingham are excellent UK Universities and have well established and respected Law Schools. Bristol may have an edge for an International applicant as its a more 'historic' city and is closer to London. Have a look at the Open Day films on You Tube - Bristol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skYuG7xQbC8, Nottingham https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpxlHCqNsDs

What makes you think it's unlikely they'll have places seeing as they had places last year?
Original post by dfradkin
Thank you. I have, and there isn't really much that would sway my decision. In terms of social life, Bristol is usually seen as a better option - how true is this?

Also, I'm contemplating a gap year to reapply to King's. Can you compare Bristol / Notts in terms of social life, expenses, getting around, sightseeing, etc to London?
What are the pros and cons of student life in London?

I may not be able to visit during spring holidays so I need to make an informed decision.

You may get a better student experience out of London. Nottingham is a lot cheaper than Bristol. I think Bristol may be almost as expensive as London. Notts students told us that everything in Notts was very affordable with special offers for students. They also said the social life was great. My son has the same dilemma as you. Picking catered accommodation is a good idea for getting to know people. We didn't see Bristols accommodation but Notts was very good. Once again it's personal choice.
Original post by Mon :)
That's me 5 for 5 now:
Unconditional Edinburgh
Unconditional Glasgow
Conditional at KCL - AA

I take it you already have the A* if your conditions are AA?
Original post by Flossm5
I take it you already have the A* if your conditions are AA?

I'm doing Scottish advanced highers
I'm doing Scottish advanced highers

So all your universities are asking for AA?
Original post by Flossm5
So all your universities are asking for AA?

No exeter want AAA
No exeter want AAA

Have you already got your A-Levels?
Original post by Flossm5
Have you already got your A-Levels?

Advanced highers are the equivalent to A levels
I got the email from Bristol offering Social Policy with Criminology instead, absolutely gutted

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's me 5 for 5 now:
Unconditional Edinburgh
Unconditional Glasgow
Conditional at KCL - AA

Well done! Sorry to hear about Oxford, how did you find the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Well done! Sorry to hear about Oxford, how did you find the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was ok - wasn't really a big fan of Oxford when I went so maybe it came across in interview ?
I thought it was ok - wasn't really a big fan of Oxford when I went so maybe it came across in interview ?

Ahh right ok. What did you not like about Oxford?
Original post by oli19919
Ahh right ok. What did you not like about Oxford?

The course wasn't exactly what I wanted to do - it was Law with French as opposed to Law with French Law: so it was more the course - I found Oxford university itself very pleasant
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3016
Original post by aayushk
Right, thank you! What are your other four choices?

Durham, KCL, QMUL and LSE! what about you?
Original post by PandyyCD97
I'm not waiting, but I got a lower LNAT score than you, and they still gave me an offer- Don't give up hope yet :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your LNAT score and when did you get your offer?
Finally got my rejection email from Bristol :frown:
The course wasn't exactly what I wanted to do - it was Law with French as opposed to Law with French Law: so it was more the course - I found Oxford university itself very pleasant

As far as I'm aware the only law option with French at Oxford is "Law with French Law M191" It appears to be the study of French law in the 3rd year but you spend periods of the first 2 years getting your French language up to speed if you are not already competent. It is not a language based course it is a law course.

Latest

Trending

Trending