Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Mental Health Support Society XVIII Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Its normal to be upset, when i was diagnosed i was in a long term relationship as well and it killed me.

Maybe get the two awareness ribbons interlinked or something? Thats what i was considering but i went with...

Attachment 581430

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw, that's really nice!

ReputationRep:
    When I go back to uni im going to be seeing a new psychiatrist....

What are the reasons I can give her for wanting to come off my CTO without it seeming like I want to 'break the conditions' once its gone?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get out today for an hour or so. I took a few panics and its drained me but the main thing is I got out the house for a little while, I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Managed to get out today for an hour or so. I took a few panics and its drained me but the main thing is I got out the house for a little while, I suppose
    Im tempted to go for a walk along the prom and maybe get some chips but im not sure where to get chips from without walking right into town

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always angers me when people say Mental Illnesses are disabilities!
    They're not (in my opinion) and more recognition is needed!
    They're more common than most people realize and they're a serious matter!
    We need to spread worldwide awareness for Mental Health and it needs to be taught in schools and workplaces!

And my MH is improving. Had lots of depressive down spells recently but have had 2.5 happy days currently (hoping the rest of today is also happy!)
    The OCD is still the same though!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    We need to spread worldwide awareness for Mental Health and it needs to be taught in schools and workplaces!

And my MH is improving. Had lots of depressive down spells recently but have had 2.5 happy days currently (hoping the rest of today is also happy!)
    For some they can be disabilities though. And sometimes it's called that for legal reasons such as claiming benefits or student support such as PIP or DSA.

But I do agree with you on your other points of them being common and a serious matter.*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    PIP assessment tomorrow. Urgh!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Best of luck :hugs: let me know how you get on. How you feeling about it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Best of luck :hugs: let me know how you get on. How you feeling about it?
    Thanks. I'm really nervous. Thankfully it's at home and I'll have my friend with me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)

In some ways they are though, since they do affect many of us in day to day life. You do have a point about more recognition needed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You can do this!

Feeling so down and lost lately, everytime I try to get myself out of this, I fall right back. Need a break from life...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not having a good night this evening. Got to be up at 4:30am for work as well fml.

**** this. **** everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    For some they can be disabilities though. And sometimes it's called that for legal reasons such as claiming benefits or student support such as PIP or DSA.

But I do agree with you on your other points of them being common and a serious matter.*
    (Original post by Airmed)
    In some ways they are though, since they do affect many of us in day to day life. You do have a point about more recognition needed.
    Ok that's true, did think that through what I said. My bad! Sorry!

And I'm glad you both agree about the recognition of it! There's just no where near enough awareness for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Not having a good night this evening. Got to be up at 4:30am for work as well fml.

**** this. **** everything.
    Aw no!
    I sure do hope things get better for you!
    You do deserve all the best!
    Even though you probably won't see this, I'm always here for you if you ever need someone!

:hugs: x infinity!

ReputationRep:
    Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, part of my ceiling collapsed due to leak that my landlord never repaired, had to get fire brigade to break into upstairs tenants flat to stop it, and when he came back the next morning at 6am he was knocking on my door screaming at me (even though fire brigade fixed the lock after but not the damage) then he woke me up at 8am again slamming his door and speaking to other tenants about how bad I was for calling fire brigade out and basically how hes a victim!

Im the one with holes so large in my ceiling that I can see the insulation and his floorboards, and walls black with heath damaging spores (already been coughing a lot and stinging eyes) and my landlord is making excuses at fixing it.

Yet hes the victim not me, at least he has a property he can use with no damage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, part of my ceiling collapsed due to leak that my landlord never repaired, had to get fire brigade to break into upstairs tenants flat to stop it, and when he came back the next morning at 6am he was knocking on my door screaming at me (even though fire brigade fixed the lock after but not the damage) then he woke me up at 8am again slamming his door and speaking to other tenants about how bad I was for calling fire brigade out and basically how hes a victim!

Im the one with holes so large in my ceiling that I can see the insulation and his floorboards, and walls black with heath damaging spores (already been coughing a lot and stinging eyes) and my landlord is making excuses at fixing it.

Yet hes the victim not me, at least he has a property he can use with no damage.
    Id suggest going to CAB to get advice or the council

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone here who goes to uni? i'm finding it so hard rn and i'm struggling to stay happy, just want to go home :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    is there anyone here who goes to uni? i'm finding it so hard rn and i'm struggling to stay happy, just want to go home :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lots of us are at university here Have you just started?

ReputationRep:
    Is there someone who can help me. I'm slipping back really bad and really fast and I'm scared.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.