Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yaayy!!! I finally finished this horrible, horrible, horrible essay and can collapse and sleep now #macarena# Its pretty dire - mostly theory and no empirical..but oh well. If I wake up ontime I'm watching a film tonight!!!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt I'll ban myself. There's too much amusement to be had in H&R!

I've just had a lovely time at my friend's for her birthday- we had a lovely walk to a pub for lunch, then a black tie dinner with several courses at her house in the evening. I just wish the bus had taken a more direct route there, then it wouldn't have taken over an hour to go 18 miles!

ReputationRep:
    An hour for 18miles? :bird:

Sounds nice anyway..
    I've only been into H&R once. I'm not sure my patience would last in there...

ReputationRep:
    someone linked to my blog in theirs! I'm famous! :rolleyes:

http://www.boatnameblog.com/2008/04/...boat-name.html

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I've never seen your blog *goes to look* Is it well known?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I agree with the blogger about the name 'FadetoScarlet' for obvious reasons :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :eek: I've never seen your blog *goes to look* Is it well known?
    i only started it last week, properly.

but its just for me really, to keep my head straight about what i need to do to pull this whole thing off. sometimes my head is just full of so many things i have to do/think about that it really helps to write it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    i only started it last week, properly.

but its just for me really, to keep my head straight about what i need to do to pull this whole thing off. sometimes my head is just full of so many things i have to do/think about that it really helps to write it down.
    Yes I'm exactly the same Well.. when I need to think clearly, writing makes everything better! I might start a blog one day, but it would need to be something fairly specific and continuous, like your boat

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, where have you been, Amy? I've not seen you around for awhile.

ReputationRep:
    I might start a blog one day, but it would need to be something fairly specific and continuous, like your boat
    Yeah thats why I never had one before. I don't think my life's interesting enough to warrant writing about normally. But this blog might actually help others in the same position, if I keep it up and write coherently.

ReputationRep:
    I hope it all goes through! I'm lucky that I'll still be around Cambridge for awhile to have a decent number of opportunities to visit it :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to offset my trip's carbon emissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I am planning to offset my trip's carbon emissions
    by planting trees and things?

ReputationRep:
    ...switching to biotechnology :^^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    by planting trees and things?
    Yep. I need 6 or 7 trees apparently (it's all on our website- link in my sig.) We might look into biodiesel for part of the trip, but that depends on a few factors...!

ReputationRep:
    Has anything interesting happened in the last 20-or-so pages? I really think i should be doing something other than reading them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    Has anything interesting happened in the last 20-or-so pages? I really think i should be doing something other than reading them all.
    I doubt it. The last occasion of interest was the abortion debate. Since then half the thread has gone and banned themselves for exams :p:

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it. The last occasion of interest was the abortion debate. Since then half the thread has gone and banned themselves for exams :p:
    Which, speaking as someone who lurks this thread, is really annoying.

Final year projects are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Wahey, a good dissertation day today. I re-discovered an old reference I'd forgotten about and added 700 good words.

Although, I'm slightly starting to regret writing it on an issue in southeast asia, if only because the academics I'm reading can be a nightmare to keep track of - for instance I have a Lim, a Long and a Lang, all publishing in 2001....I keep getting them confused
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Er, how do we find out when our exams are? The philosophy faculty website doesn't tell me. Yes, I know, it's a bit late to be asking :eek:
    Rushda, I dont know if you've found out yet, but the timetable has been on the board outside the faculty office for a good couple of months now. Get someone in Cam to go and have a look.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.