Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    Not so good way.

- Economics, I'm really not sure if I got the A or not. If I didn't, it'll be close but not what they're looking for.
    An A is an A, even if it's by 1 mark - wait and see, I'm in the same position for Chemistry, I know I completely f***d up the previous paper, yesterday's one was better. Hope.

- FP2 + M2 has been a real ***** this year (see MEI threads :mad:) which means I have to rely on the dreaded D1 re-take to get me the AA in Further Maths (I need 66 UMS to scrape through the boundaries, which everyone's going to say (:eek:)^\infty because it's so "easy", but I hate decision maths - it's not even real maths :indiff:).
    66/75 or 66/100? For my next two maths papers I literally need 90%'s so I know how it feels (although if it's 66/100, youre soo damn lucky!). D1 Edexcel was my first exam, it did not go well, but in hindsight - It was a damn easy paper if I only had kept a cool head and not been so nervous - my main advice: It's easy material, I'm sure everything you're doing now is above+beyond the call of duty, it's exam technique that counts..Take it down :sparta:

On a side note, did you get the email about Mathematics at Imperial some minutes ago? Required knowledge and stuff.
    :yep: It made me feel Imperial was one step closer..how sad am i :o:

ReputationRep:
    Not so good way.

- Economics, I'm really not sure if I got the A or not. If I didn't, it'll be close but not what they're looking for.
    - FP2 + M2 has been a real ***** this year (see MEI threads :mad:) which means I have to rely on the dreaded D1 re-take to get me the AA in Further Maths (I need 66 UMS to scrape through the boundaries, which everyone's going to say (:eek:)^\infty because it's so "easy", but I hate decision maths - it's not even real maths :indiff:). That might be do-able, but Economics is the one I'm actually fearing the most

Oh, don't worry about it. You'll get your chance soon enough :woo:

On a side note, did you get the email about Mathematics at Imperial some minutes ago? Required knowledge and stuff.
    lol so true.
    Worst mark I have (not really bad though and I bet C4 is worse)
    It is more of a join the dots exam than a maths one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLoneRanger)
    An A is an A, even if it's by 1 mark - wait and see, I'm in the same position for Chemistry, I know I completely f***d up the previous paper, yesterday's one was better. Hope.
    1 mark will do me nicely :rolleyes: A2 this year has been an absolutely joke - no question. If I was born a week earlier, I'd would have sat the easiest papers ever from last year.

66/75 or 66/100? For my next two maths papers I literally need 90%'s so I know how it feels (although if it's 66/100, youre soo damn lucky!). D1 Edexcel was my first exam, it did not go well, but in hindsight - It was a damn easy paper if I only had kept a cool head and not been so nervous - my main advice: It's easy material, I'm sure everything you're doing now is above+beyond the call of duty, it's exam technique that counts..Take it down :sparta:
    It is 66/100, yes :o: But again, that's on the nose of the two boundaries. If you know what aggregated combinations you're allowed, and you haven't already, I can run them through my app and tell you what you need :rolleyes: Drop me a PM

:yep: It made me feel Imperial was one step closer..how sad am i :o:
    :five:

I thought exactly the same thing. Then only to realise it was a mass message. Their internal network uses IPv6 :hubba:

(Original post by crazylemon)
    lol so true.
    Worst mark I have (not really bad though and I bet C4 is worse)
    It is more of a join the dots exam than a maths one
    Damn right. It's crapness is just off the scale :sigh:

(Original post by Mithra)
    Don't worry about the decision thing, the guy in our further maths class who is going to do maths & philosophy at Oxford did the worst in it out of all of us, clearly the better you are at maths the worse you are at decision :yy:.
    lol! I'm not that good at maths either, as my exams so far have told me

(Original post by darkness9999)
    ohh ... god ....my only problem is the AEA now... i hope they are flexible... i heard last year people missed their standard offer (AAA) and still got in with (AAB) ... i hope its the same for this year
    :eek: That would be so awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I thought exactly the same thing. Then only to realise it was a mass message. Their internal network uses IPv6 :hubba:
    Which email!!??

I feel left out :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire Rose)
    Which email!!??

I feel left out :sad:
    :shock:

:hubba:
    I was just about to PM you!

It's attached to this post

Feel left out no longer, it's nothing important anyways :hugs:
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc AdvicetoCandidates.doc (73.5 KB, 1443 views)

ReputationRep:
    :shock:

:hubba:
    I was just about to PM you!

It's attached to this post

Feel left out no longer, it's nothing important anyways :hugs:
    Dude -.- that is for maths!

You scared me! Obviously I wouldn't need to see it seeing as I am doing pharmacology :p:

I wonder if they will send out a similar one soon for the medical department :hmmm:

oh and feel free to PM anyway

ReputationRep:
    how's everybody's A2'S going.. lol, I'm doing my 1st year exams here and the papers are shooting me down :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Dude -.- that is for maths!

You scared me! Obviously I wouldn't need to see it seeing as I am doing pharmacology :p:
    :eek4: I did say that in my first post :o:

But sooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrr rry :shy2:

I wonder if they will send out a similar one soon for the medical department :hmmm:

oh and feel free to PM anyway
    Who knows :p:

Don't worry, I will :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creative)
    how's everybody's A2'S going.. lol, I'm doing my 1st year exams here and the papers are shooting me down :p:.
    I feel like I may not even get into Imperial at this rate... God that would be a disaster! :sad:

I am just praying the grade boundaries will come down in every subject! Edexcel should just go and die in my opinion :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I may not even get into Imperial at this rate... God that would be a disaster! :sad:

I am just praying the grade boundaries will come down in every subject! Edexcel should just go and die in my opinion :yep:
    I searched the thread and you're doin five A2s? That's a little crazy and unnecessary, unless you like doing the extra two ofcourse :p:!

You'll get in.. pharma is a new course I think isn't it? And if the exams are hard, the grade boundaries will plummet anyway, which means the poor job you think you did will yield a lot more than you think now :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my application: Fisher, Garden, Pembridge, Weeks and Wilson, all single non-ensuite!

And I also got my preliminary grades on wednesday. I just have to get 11 (of 15) points at my oral exam next week to reach the offer which should be absolutely doable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creative)
    I searched the thread and you're doin five A2s? That's a little crazy and unnecessary, unless you like doing the extra two ofcourse :p:!

You'll get in.. pharma is a new course I think isn't it? And if the exams are hard, the grade boundaries will plummet anyway, which means the poor job you think you did will yield a lot more than you think now :p:.
    Yea.. The downside is I have a ton of clash exams... I had the worst one in the world on the 10th though! Had physics unit 5 with english literature units 4 and 5! Physics was an hour.. then I had 3 hours of continuous writing 3 stupid literature essays! My hand still hurts! :cry: (no joke, it actually hurts when I write now lol)

Don't ask why I am taking 5 though... I don't even know.. but it did get me into imperial without an interview :grin: so totally worth it!

I really hope the grade boundaries come down.. thanks for making it seem like they will! :smile: Are you doing edexcel exams too? Wait.. are you at imperial now? :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yea.. The downside is I have a ton of clash exams... I had the worst one in the world on the 10th though! Had physics unit 5 with english literature units 4 and 5! Physics was an hour.. then I had 3 hours of continuous writing 3 stupid literature essays! My hand still hurts! :cry: (no joke, it actually hurts when I write now lol)

Don't ask why I am taking 5 though... I don't even know.. but it did get me into imperial without an interview :grin: so totally worth it!

I really hope the grade boundaries come down.. thanks for making it seem like they will! :smile: Are you doing edexcel exams too? Wait.. are you at imperial now? :p:
    Five A-levels is where it's at :five:
    You doing Gen.Stud as well? If I got As in everything I'd technically have 6 As and be in the paper, but that ain't gonna happen :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Five A-levels is where it's at :five:
    You doing Gen.Stud as well? If I got As in everything I'd technically have 6 As and be in the paper, but that ain't gonna happen :moon:
    My school doesn't offer that.... fake A level as well :p: no point in doing from what I hear! I am talking about hard core subjects :yep:

What are your 5 then?

ReputationRep:
    :moon:
    How come you love that emotion so much?
    Not that I have anything against it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    My school doesn't offer that.... fake A level as well :p: no point in doing from what I hear! I am talking about hard core subjects :yep:

What are your 5 then?
    Maths
    F Maths
    Chem
    Philosophy
    Physics

:dance:
    (Why was physics the last I thought of and difficult to remember :beard:)

How come you love that emotion so much?
    Not that I have anything against it
    I dunno, it conveys a whole range of emotions, along with and :p: you don't really need any others

ReputationRep:
    Why was physics the last I thought of and difficult to remember :beard:
    Because it's the one you like most :p:

I dunno, it conveys a whole range of emotions, along with and :p: you don't really need any others
    True

ReputationRep:

Hope you don't regret taking 5 this summer :p: Don't think Imperial would automatically give offers simply because of the 5As, i think if you'd got 3/4 it still would've produced the same end result. Then again, I know nothing about the pharma entry reqs so I shud probably ssh :p:.

Yeah, i'm at imp doing engineering, kinda different to what I expected!

ReputationRep:
    5 down, 4 more to go.
    I'm hoping S2 and M2 will be ok and since CHEM4 went pretty well i think i'm not so worried about CHEM5 & 6.
    I just can't wait to get it over and done with.
    But i'm not looking foward to the 2 month wait for results.

ReputationRep:
    I really need to get an A in my C4 to get into Imperial and edexcel is just being wiered
    just hope C4 goes well lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.