The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMasterKey
If that's the case then it was clone Amy that gets kidnapped in TIA and not the real Amy. Which could of course be the whole, when on Earth (and where :awesome:) did the real Amy get kidnapped?

Perhaps

Something to do with Prisoner Zero? Someone mentioned when Jen had the long neck that it was like him and he knows about the Silence, perhaps kidnapped and cloned at some point in those years? Although I'm not sure that could work as P0 would have been able to get off of Earth. :holmes:

CLone Jen did look a bit like P0, and the boss lady had a twisty neck as a clone.
Omg! Prizoner zero uses dreaming and comatose people and takes their fprm, doesnt he? And these people in the harness were sort of knocked out by solar flare?
Was Amy actually kidnapped in the bathroom scence in TIA? Unlikely with how it was acted out but the whole mirrors thing. Afterall if we take what Ape says as true with the physic link it is before the Silence kidnap her in the room with the Astronaut (so for the second time). If it was at that point then it would make a bit of sense that we see Kovarian for the first time.
Reply 3022
Original post by Colonel.

Original post by Colonel.
Eye patch lady is beginning to annoy me as we're just smacked in the face with her image without learning anything.

It is the new 'crack' from last season :sigh:

I hate it when things are just launched into the mixer without even a slight hint to base a theory on without completely ruining it for yourself.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Following on from the Amy clone theory, what do you guys think about the SFX teasers? They seem to ...

Spoiler

Though tbh (solid set report spoiler)...

Spoiler

Spoiler

oops
(edited 12 years ago)
RE: AGI's theory (too many quotes already!)

Spoiler

Original post by Mr.Messy
Anyone notice how the clones are like opposites of one another? Yes they all the same memories/emotions, but they deal with it in a different way. If you watch the Preview Clip 2, you can see that Clone Jennifer is taking the lead and is prepared to fight the real versions, 'us and them', whereas human Jennifer is scared and just wants help. Also Cleaves, who when seeing the Doctor team up with gangers, brought the electrocution device to kill them, but in Clip 2, she says "I just want to live in piece." when Clone Jennifer says we must go to war with the humans.

I don't think they are so much deliberate opposites of each other, but once they were separated, they have new experiences. Ganger Jeniffer felt betrayed by the humans, so many that's why she ends up sort of leading the others? The Ganger of the older guy (can't remember what his name was) seemed to act similar to the original, saying he missed his family.

It's not so much Canton's line that bothers me. The Doctor could have told him to say anything at all. Even lie. It's Amy's random line about clones.

Maybe she's had encounters with clones in the past. But it just doesn't seem something her character would randomly jump to. Someone dies and you're like "It must be a clone or something&quot

I don't think it's so much that Amy has come across clones before, but maybe it was more wishful thinking 'he's the doctor, he can't die'. Clones appear in other sci-fi things and people are aware of them. Not saying that it is a throw-away line, it could well be important - but Amy didn't realise that they were going to encounter clones later, or even that they existed at all

Also did the Doctor plan to get cloned? What was it he was doing to the lightening mast?

I thought that he was there to turn it off, as the power surge would be very very bad when the solar flare hit!

It's amazing how that sonic does everything and doesn't seem to have any screen. :tongue:

I was thinking this! I'm sure it's a special 'timey-lordy' thing :p:
Original post by sleekchic

Spoiler

oops

Spoiler fail :tongue:

:five: on same theory with Whitehouse bathroom.

Would the physic link work both ways once the clone has been made? If so then it could literally be anytime that she was swapped. As when one sees Kovarian the other does.

Edit: This was my 200th post in this thread. I need to get out more :facepalm: :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
So are all latching onto Ape's theory in case it turns out to be right?

In that case I almost came up with it first. :ninja:
Spoiler fail :tongue:

:five: on same theory with Whitehouse bathroom.

Would the physic link work both ways once the clone has been made? If so then it could literally be anytime that she was swapped. As when one sees Kovarian the other does.

I was hoping no one would notice.

Perhaps the psychic link is like the mirrors in the pirate episode so a person's mind/image is like a gateway to where the other person/clone is?

So maybe Amy was cloned before she started seeing Kovarian?

And I love how quickly this thread moves. From discussing yesterday's episode to a new theory.
I was hoping no one would notice.

Perhaps the psychic link is like the mirrors in the pirate episode so a person's mind/image is like a gateway to where the other person/clone is?

So maybe Amy was cloned before she started seeing Kovarian?

And I love how quickly this thread moves. From discussing yesterday's episode to a new theory.

I almost didn't, just got on here in the fraction of time between you fixing it. When I clicked quote it had already fixed itself :wink:

Same it is great!

So are all latching onto Ape's theory in case it turns out to be right?

In that case I almost came up with it first. :ninja:

Same, with my post about Clone Amy dying next episode and then the synopsis of Ep 7 getting in there. :ninjagirl:
So where does speculation about clone Amy fit with speculation about parallel worlds from the pirate episode? :holmes:
Very good point. Although it has been stressed this is early technology so there might not be a psychic link between these early gangers. :holmes:

I'm trying to find the said clip I mentioned in the previous page.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Very good point. Although it has been stressed this is early technology so there might not be a psychic link between these early gangers. :holmes:

1. We still don't know when it took place. We know of A kidnapping but maybe there was two?

2. Could be.
Not latching onto this theory. Seems a bit...cop out ish.

Guess we'll need to wait and see :awesome:
So you know everything that will happen further on in the series?

You can't completely know what is a filler and what isn't. As I've said today already on the episode thread, people thought that 'The Lodger' was just a filler and what was in the opening of this series. A Tardis like spaceship that was an almost exact copy of the one from 'The Lodger'. Therefore the Lodger was not a filler.

Also (future episode spoiler)

Spoiler

I thought it was filler and I hated it. Clearly, if future episodes show that this episode is important in the story arc of this series of Dr Who, then I will go back and say it wasn't filler. However, I will still hate the episode.
Reply 3034

The mouth and words sync up perfectly. And the clip before is from episode 6 with the 'warmongering' human, Amy and Doctor trapped in a room. :holmes:

:colonhash: I watched it again and realised that.
I also thought it was from the fishfingers and custard bit in ep 1, which when I looked at again realised was not the case. :colondollar:
Found it! :smug: Look at what he says and does here. Episode 6/7 spoiler phobes don't click. :awesome: 0:46 onwards.

I don't mind theories or speculation being wrong. Speculation will always be wild and seeing things that aren't meant to be patterns. It's just the fact that we all get together and speculate - it's pretty awesome. :moon:

YAY I'm a spoilerphobe :tongue: tbh I'm pretty impressed with how well I've kept away from spoilers!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
But think it's got to appeal to kids and adults. Kids need the moral messages spread out a bit more clearly. I like her "I'm me" rant, because as she was self affirming herself she became fully fledged flesh again. It reminded me very much of Samuel Beckett's "Not I"

That may be the first time I've ever seen Doctor Who compared to Beckett. :holmes: Yeah, I get that it's got to appeal to kids and adults, but it's dropped the moral bomb a lot more elegantly in the past...and a lot less, I guess (Star Whale), so I shouldn't really complain. :tongue:
Original post by Christien
That may be the first time I've ever seen Doctor Who compared to Beckett. :holmes: Yeah, I get that it's got to appeal to kids and adults, but it's dropped the moral bomb a lot more elegantly in the past...and a lot less, I guess (Star Whale), so I shouldn't really complain. :tongue:

First time I've ever compared Doctor Who to Beckett as well...but it works :tongue:

Yeah, I guess as aw writer it's gotta be pretty tricky to strike the balance right between overly moral, and understating
When the doctor asks to see the critical systems and the foreman asks which one, the doctor replies "You know which one"

Does he know which one, or was he bluffing? :holmes:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
When the doctor asks to see the critical systems and the foreman asks which one, the doctor replies "You know which one"

Does he know which one, or was he bluffing? :holmes:

I had forgotten about that! I guess that points to him having knowledge of the flesh (as he hinted at later on as well, saying it was early technology) and possibly that he deliberately went there to find out more about it - and trying to do that away from Rory and Amy