Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Where's the Joy Division, oldies?
    not know at all in the country I'm from.

And Queen...
    been fan since their first album.

And The Smiths...
    prefer Aerosmith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    not know at all in the country I'm from.
    North Korea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Marillion - saw them at the NEC after my first term in Cambridge with a friend off my course.

(Another lurking parent, sorry)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    North Korea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    trying to be funny?

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge gets our grades tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Exciting

Although I think it's unfair, we sat the damn exams we should be first to know :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    They had our step papers ages ago apparently...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Wait, what?! I knew they got them before results day but I didn't realise it was so much before!

ReputationRep:
    Nerves are kicking in now... What does everyone think they got?? I'm aiming for A*A*A but I'm scared I'll get A*AB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurensmiley97)
    Wait, what?! I knew they got them before results day but I didn't realise it was so much before!
    It's so universities have a good few days to decide on missed offers and to process stuff I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicJigsaw)
    Nerves are kicking in now... What does everyone think they got?? I'm aiming for A*A*A but I'm scared I'll get A*AB
    I was supposed to get all A*s but I feel I'll end up with A*AABB (ie miss my offer)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right! It's kind of unsettling to know that they'll have our results but we have to wait another six days

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any colleges that send an acceptance/ rejection email in case UCAS track crashes? I really want to know before I have to go in and get results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a really annoying position where I think the most likely grades to get will be A*A*AA which is obviously good and better than most people I know but that would still be missing my offer as I need an A* in chemistry or physics which I think will be the two As. urgh I just wanna know now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bafid)
    I'm in a really annoying position where I think the most likely grades to get will be A*A*AA which is obviously good and better than most people I know but that would still be missing my offer as I need an A* in chemistry or physics which I think will be the two As. urgh I just wanna know now
    SAME exactly

I actually had a dream where that happened last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    SAME exactly

I actually had a dream where that happened last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still if all goes well on thursday then is only 8 weeks til we'll be at Cambridge which after how long Ive wanted to go for seems really weird

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when grade boundaries are released?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aworldalone)
    Does anyone know when grade boundaries are released?

Day before results day, I believe. I think it's at midnight that day too! I think I'm going to try not to torture myself by not looking this year, but that seems unlikely

ReputationRep:
    Someone told me that your university emails you accepting or rejecting you at 12am on Results day morning, is this not the case then? Or can you only find out before you get the actual results if you look on track at 8am? I'd much rather find out another way apart from opening a letter at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieD)
    Someone told me that your university emails you accepting or rejecting you at 12am on Results day morning, is this not the case then? Or can you only find out before you get the actual results if you look on track at 8am? I'd much rather find out another way apart from opening a letter at school.
    Track should have updated when it re-opens at 8am letting you know if your place has been confirmed. You will also probably receive an email or letter from your College either on Results Day or in the few days after. You can find out if you've made/missed your offer by also getting your results from your school

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.