This discussion is closed.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
How can some people not know how to swim?!

You're all missing out.
School swimming is awful - that's what puts a lot of people off probably....

(Original post by Aph)
Well then you like watching people get hurt???
Yep :yep:
then go buy a car and listen to that all day...
I do
so what people do all the time on a motorway?
Tell **** drivers to get the **** off the road.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Haha, please do stop making me laugh!!! :rofl:
I wasn't taught to believe anything. All my views that I express are my own views, and in fact, would probably surprise my parents...
Not true, everything in life is learned, although there are some genetic biases to particular political stances, so just because it's not what your pearents taught you it's more what life taught you.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Not true, everything in life is learned, although there are some genetic biases to particular political stances, so just because it's not what your pearents taught you it's more what life taught you.
If it's what life taught me, then I'm glad I was brought up in my part of the world then
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I do

Well... That's not nice.

good

more re like ban people with road rage from driving.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I do

Meh. It wasn't that bad.

Can't beat a nice morning swim in the lovely Cornish sea on a lovely Feb morning...
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
you never respected me anyway... Anyway you only dislike me because you know I am right, that is why you have such a visceral reaction, I challenge everything you were taught to believe and it's hard to face the fact that everything that you were ever taught is wrong.
lol
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hahahahahaha, thanks a lot for making me laugh because that really hurt my ****ing head... Still, definitely worth a laugh in any case!
Awwwz, still no better, then?

Thinking about it, we did so much stuff in high school that I don't think would ever be allowed here!

Like survival week. In October. Split into groups with one teacher each. We had to build our own raft, which started to sink in the middle of the river. Went horseback riding through the woods whilst some kids had never been on a horse before. Went canoeing again in the freezing cold and in rather dangerous situations. I ended up with hypothermia. We had to build our own shelter, which we all had to share - so including our male teacher. Lots of walking as well, and the skin on my ankles was gone by day two, which I just covered with plasters. And you know what... it was all brilliant!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If it's what life taught me, then I'm glad I was brought up in my part of the world then
We should tear children away from pearents at birth and raise them all in schools which enforce nothing but the strictest communism.
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well then you like watching people get hurt???

then go buy a car and listen to that all day...

so what people do all the time on a motorway?
Drivers rarely get hurt. They have incredible safety measures.

Like I can afford a car....
It also isnt the same sound. You'd need a sports car.

I don't see Dave in his Fiat Pinto overtaking Steve in his Ford Fiesta down the inside of the M25 at 130mph....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well... That's not nice.

good

more re like ban people with road rage from driving.
Who said I'm a nice person
(Original post by nebelbon)
Meh. It wasn't that bad.

Can't beat a nice morning swim in the lovely Cornish sea on a lovely Feb morning...
Haha, speak for yourself mate I ****ing hated swimming and had a tummy ache and had to go to the doctor every time I had swimming lesson
(Original post by Kittiara)
Awwwz, still no better, then?

Thinking about it, we did so much stuff in high school that I don't think would ever be allowed here!

Like survival week. In October. Split into groups with one teacher each. We had to build our own raft, which started to sink in the middle of the river. Went horseback riding through the woods whilst some kids had never been on a horse before. Went canoeing again in the freezing cold and in rather dangerous situations. I ended up with hypothermia. We had to build our own shelter, which we all had to share - so including our male teacher. Lots of walking as well, and the skin on my ankles was gone by day two, which I just covered with plasters. And you know what... it was all brilliant!
Are you trying to cause me pain And nope, I'm testing the limits of how much painkillers I can take at once though Still doesn't ****ing work though - going to see doc in the morning for something stronger!
(Original post by Aph)
We should tear children away from pearents at birth and raise them all in schools which enforce nothing but the strictest communism.
https://youtu.be/uAsV5-Hv-7U?t=1m25s
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)

I don't see Dave in his Fiat Pinto overtaking Steve in his Ford Fiesta down the inside of the M25 at 130mph....

Posted from TSR Mobile
So why hope that they crash??

thats why we removed speed limits on the motorways in the mhoc.... At least I think we did
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, but you do see Dave with a **** ton of expensive and cool sports cars :rofl:
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

thats why we removed speed limits on the motorways in the mhoc.... At least I think we did
If we didn't, that's gonna be the first bill of this coming term.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who said I'm a nice person

Haha, speak for yourself mate I ****ing hated swimming and had a tummy ache and had to go to the doctor every time I had swimming lesson

Are you trying to cause me pain And nope, I'm testing the limits of how much painkillers I can take at once though Still doesn't ****ing work though - going to see doc in the morning for something stronger!

https://youtu.be/uAsV5-Hv-7U?t=1m25s
Well you like welcoming people....

is is that a promise? I'll keep you to that when I'm running the country in 20 years time
Actually I always thought that that was a good idea, I mean the Germans and Manx do it so why not us?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

Because it looks cool. Its exciting. Its the element of surprise.

I'm all for freedoms and stuff, but removing the speed limits completely is pretty reckless. If Dave tries to overtake Steve in his Pinto and crashes, he dies. Whereas in Formula 1, they have strict safety requirements so he'd be fine in an F1 car. People walk away from 120mph crashes in F1.

Nah, but you do see Dave with a **** ton of expensive and cool sports cars :rofl:
Hahaha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

is is that a promise? I'll keep you to that when I'm running the country in 20 years time

Actually I always thought that that was a good idea, I mean the Germans and Manx do it so why not us?
OMG, the Tories and The Greens working together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

I'll have killed myself long before you're ever PM...
Yeh, would be good!

Hahaha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Couldn't resist that one - a perfect set up from you
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because it looks cool. Its exciting. Its the element of surprise.

I'm all for freedoms and stuff, but removing the speed limits completely is pretty reckless. If Dave tries to overtake Steve in his Pinto and crashes, he dies. Whereas in Formula 1, they have strict safety requirements so he'd be fine in an F1 car. People walk away from 120mph crashes in F1.

Hahaha xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sunglasses look cool? Are you going to go to a modelling show for sunglasses?

well on roads where most people break the speed limit anyway it might help stop congestion and all we do is raise safety standards:yep:
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Couldn't resist that one - a perfect set up from you
Teamwork xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
OMG, the Tories and The Greens working together

Posted from TSR Mobile
On second thoughts - kill me now!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.36%
No (177)
75.64%

Watched Threads