Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long you have to complete the Barclays video interview? Email didn't mention anything..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ay42)
    Does anyone know how long you have to complete the Barclays video interview? Email didn't mention anything..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine said 48

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have Nomura grad recruitment email address ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavgav123)
    [email protected]

ReputationRep:

I get a bounce back saying that there is no domain "nomura-graduates.com"

ReputationRep:
    I get a bounce back saying that there is no domain "nomura-graduates.com"
    They have probably changed it this year then, sorry about that! I checked their website and I can't see the email address anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain this q plz?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi_nayak1)
    Is the answer $2000 ?

ReputationRep:
    HSBC is sending several rejections today

ReputationRep:
    60500/1.1 = 55,000 * .55 = 30,250

60500/30.25 = $2k

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well you know that the total GDP = $60.5 bn and per head = $1,100. Therefore the population = Total GDP/GDP per head = $60.5bn/$1,100 = 55 million.

55% of this = 30250000. Now to get the GDP per head for this new population you must figure out the proportion relative to the overall GDP = $60.5 bn/30250000 = $2000 per head.

You could also have figured this out by the units, GDP per head would imply dividing the GDP by a population figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpierce94)
    Thanks. Do you have further information ? When did they apply, division, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulpierce94)
    Where do you hear this from ?

ReputationRep:
    Is financial advisory at one of the big four a good alternative to IBD? Also, is it detremental KPMG, for example, only has a four week placement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_12345)
    Is financial advisory at one of the big four a good alternative to IBD? Also, is it detremental KPMG, for example, only has a four week placement?
    It is basically the same thing as IBD but doing smaller deals + fairness opinions if you get into the actual CorpFin advisory team. Otherwise in transaction services it's basically just financial due dil for larger deals run by bigger banks.

Overall, it's fairly possible to move to e.g. a BB or EB after a few years at the big4 and it's even possible (although not that common) to move on to lower middle market to middle market PE or ER - as well as all the other in-house finance teams, management accounting teams etc. Or you could stay and try for partnership because although comp is lower, hours are lower too.

No, that's just how they structure their vacation programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hardly knowledgeable in this application process so I am asking this question. Is this a mental arithmetic question, this you've posted a picture of? Would you need to work out the sums for this sort of question in your head? Or would you be able to use a calculator during this assessment for a question such as this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    I'm hardly knowledgeable in this application process so I am asking this question. Is this a mental arithmetic question, this you've posted a picture of? Would you need to work out the sums for this sort of question in your head? Or would you be able to use a calculator during this assessment for a question such as this one?
    You can use a calculator, pen and paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    It is basically the same thing as IBD but doing smaller deals + fairness opinions if you get into the actual CorpFin advisory team. Otherwise in transaction services it's basically just financial due dil for larger deals run by bigger banks.

Overall, it's fairly possible to move to e.g. a BB or EB after a few years at the big4 and it's even possible (although not that common) to move on to lower middle market to middle market PE or ER - as well as all the other in-house finance teams, management accounting teams etc. Or you could stay and try for partnership because although comp is lower, hours are lower too.

No, that's just how they structure their vacation programmes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks man, much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    60500/1.1 = 55,000 * .55 = 30,250

60500/30.25 = $2k

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I was initially confused as I forgot that only the working pop are generating GDP so you are able to disregard the rest of the population.

ReputationRep:
    Do you still need this? I can PM you a HR contact if you want.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.