Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Locke54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Edwinnator)
You apply before meeting the offer- everyone does. Try to apply as soon as possible. I'd say Intercollegiate over LSE. You meet more people, life is more interesting, the area tends to be nicer. 2nd best Intercollegiate is probably Connaught followed by any of the Garden Halls (Commonwealth, Canterbury and Hughes-Parry). The best LSE halls? I'd say Rosebery but the contract is 30-week which is inconvenient especially if you live abroad because you'll have to repack everything and move out for the holidays. Even Sidney Webb, despite the area, has its advantages- South London has the benefits of cheap supermarkets (Aldi, Lidl, Iceland) and places which open past 11pm...
You can extend a Roseberry contract to cover Christmas and Easter though, if you so wish. Plus it has the reputation of being LSE's party hall, so that probably means that once a week they cut loose and have a glass of sherry while watching BBC4.
Pandapple
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
anyone else applied before the oxbridge deadline for Economics but still haven't heard anything or received that 'we will make a decision after Jan 15th' email?

i'm not sure what to expect atm
sonyramuni
Report 10 years ago
yep....me
forwardadam
Report 10 years ago
Just wondering, do LSE send out an "offer pack" sort of thing like Birmingham?
Pandapple
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sonyramuni)
yep....me
yay, i'm not alone! anyone have any theories about what is happening in that admissions office?
forwardadam
Report 10 years ago
The staff have all been replaced with aliens who feed on the scent of the fear of LSE applicants...
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by forwardadam)
The staff have all been replaced with aliens who feed on the scent of the fear of LSE applicants...
Thats classified information :eek:
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pandapple)
anyone else applied before the oxbridge deadline for Economics but still haven't heard anything or received that 'we will make a decision after Jan 15th' email?

same here
theorangecab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Sorry I keep using the term "shortlist". My bad!
Haha no worries - it's just kind of getting annoying when people keep posting asking about the "shortlist" and their chances when Amar put the information on the first page!

They're supposed to - the offer pack is online too if you haven't gotten yours in the mail yet. I've been waiting for 2 weeks and nothing's come yet, probably because I'm international. I remember when I got them to send the prospectus the stamp was from like Sweden/Malta..
albiesworld
Report 10 years ago
They're supposed to - the offer pack is online too if you haven't gotten yours in the mail yet. I've been waiting for 2 weeks and nothing's come yet, probably because I'm international. I remember when I got them to send the prospectus the stamp was from like Sweden/Malta..
big difference between sweden and malta
theorangecab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by albiesworld)
big difference between sweden and malta
Hahah yeah, I can't remember which one it was now since it was quite a while ago, but I've definitely had some odd experiences with UK mail sent to me! :p:
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes they do. They send you a blue booklet which contains information about your offer, student finance, the open day for offer holders and a few other things. You also get an official offer letter.
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am so fed up with the waiting..sort of...I still believe no news is good news in this case haahha
went there for the student shadowing and i was like WOOOHOOOHOHOOHOH WOOHHH i needneedneed to go there
crash209
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pandapple)

me too I hope we'll hear decisions this week, but I guess it could also be in the 1st week of Jan?
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
...or until 15th January. Everybody else who has applied from my school hasn't heard back yet - not even the gathered pile email.
rosathegreat
Report 10 years ago
[QUOTE=theorangecab]Haha no worries - it's just kind of getting annoying when people keep posting asking about the "shortlist" and their chances when Amar put the information on the first page!

well goodness, amar didnt say about from past applications, the chances of getting in if you were in the gathered pile. i was just wondering what the chances were. you know, just to keep my hopes up, or dampen them. whatever. i was just asking around.....and i can't go reading all the those pages to find the answer. i thought if someone heard or knew something. JUST a question. :shifty:
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[QUOTE=rosathegreat]
(Original post by theorangecab)
Haha no worries - it's just kind of getting annoying when people keep posting asking about the "shortlist" and their chances when Amar put the information on the first page!

well goodness, amar didnt say about from past applications, the chances of getting in if you were in the gathered pile. i was just wondering what the chances were. you know, just to keep my hopes up, or dampen them. whatever. i was just asking around.....and i can't go reading all the those pages to find the answer. i thought if someone heard or knew something. JUST a question. :shifty:
I'd imagine that it's around 50/50 but that is a complete guess.
theorangecab
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rosathegreat)
I'd agree with El Mariachi. Also, it probably depends on the quality of applicants who submit closer to/on January 15. The thing with LSE is that there have been past applicants with the predicted grades required who still have been rejected in March - it comes down to details such as reference/personal statement (more so than reference).

Perhaps it's better not to get hopes up too high, so that when/if you do get an offer it's an even bigger surprise? IDK, no news is good news at this point!
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm soo focused about Oxford right now i don't even care about LSE!
ExRx123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by theorangecab)
I'd agree with El Mariachi. Also, it probably depends on the quality of applicants who submit closer to/on January 15. The thing with LSE is that there have been past applicants with the predicted grades required who still have been rejected in March - it comes down to details such as reference/personal statement (more so than reference).

Perhaps it's better not to get hopes up too high, so that when/if you do get an offer it's an even bigger surprise? IDK, no news is good news at this point!
Unless you have an offferrrrr!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.07%
No (458)
72.93%

Watched Threads