The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
I heard Ibrahimovic was in London. Joining QPR for £6m from Milan.
Original post by jilebinator
please tell me your joking.

Well that is the latest coming from Twitter. It shows how unreliable it is. I highly doubt Tottenham would be the place he would want to go when he has the likes of Madrid, Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern and probably the Milan clubs after him.

Why don't we just sign Tevez? Only £25 million valuation, give him £150 k a week and improve RVPs contract to £150 k aswell and we are sorted. :borat:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by alexsong
not on the wind up here but those three could very easily describe our wonderful leader arsene

Can easily describe ferguson as well. I think it's what happens when you've won the premier league before.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Well that is the latest coming from Twitter. It shows how unreliable it is. I highly doubt Tottenham would be the place he would want to go when he has the likes of Madrid, Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern and probably the Milan clubs after him.

Why don't we just sign Tevez? Only £25 million valuation, give him £150 k a week and improve RVPs contract to £150 k aswell and we are sorted. :borat:

Lol, tevez to join arsenal, arsene wouldn't want him because of his character, if arsenal won't change the wage bill for RVP, why would he change it for Tevez? I know what you said is a joke, I just said this for the sake of being serious.
I am completely against everything Mourinho stands for. He is despicable. He is classless, he makes his teams play **** football and he still can't beat Barca despite spending £200 million in the 2 seasons he has been there.

EDIT: That article is horribly inaccurate and incoherent. That guy is clearly a fool and his premise is non-existent.

He beat barca with chelsea and inter. Real madrid are a different case, they've bottled it against barcelona for at least the past 4 years. Plus, real madrid are closer to beating barcelona than they were before he came.
Original post by jam277
He beat barca with chelsea and inter. Real madrid are a different case, they've bottled it against barcelona for at least the past 4 years. Plus, real madrid are closer to beating barcelona than they were before he came.

I was just listing everything bad about him because I despise the guy. He is everything I hate about football.

Btw this Barca team are miles ahead of any Barca team I have ever seen. They are a step above the Barcas that Mourinho faced at Inter and Chelsea. He has a considerably better team at Madrid as well.
Original post by jam277

He's got his team 5 points ahead of Barcelona in the league. These head-to-head games are just little battles, the league is the war. And he's winning so far. Outstanding manager, no matter what you might think of him as a person.
Mourinho seems like marmite. I love him. Can't wait for him to return to England.
Oh geez,

You and your twitter *******s, you may aswell publish what a 2 year old writes.

Hazard wont be joining arsenal, or anyone else for that matter.

tsk
Original post by Bear_Grylls
Oh geez,

You and your twitter *******s, you may aswell publish what a 2 year old writes.

Hazard wont be joining arsenal, or anyone else for that matter.

tsk

How are you in the red mate?

I really hope Arsene will surprise us with a deadline day flurry of signings.
I was just listing everything bad about him because I despise the guy. He is everything I hate about football.

Btw this Barca team are miles ahead of any Barca team I have ever seen. They are a step above the Barcas that Mourinho faced at Inter and Chelsea. He has a considerably better team at Madrid as well.

Weird, because the barca team of 2010 is basically the barca team now, only difference is that fabregas and sanchez are playing instead of ibrahimovich and henry. There isn't much of a difference between that barca team that faced inter and this one. I wouldn't even say that messi has improved, he's just been doing the same thing he did since he won his first ballon d'or, just that he was already the best anyway and is now in a different role for barca.

Also, at madrid, he has a considerably better ATTACKING team, mourinho isn't known for attacking. At chelsea he had the best defence in the world at the time, the 05 team consisted of ferreira, terry, carvalho and gallas and conceded 15 goals in the whole season. At inter he had the best defence at the time with lucio and samuel in their primes and an inform maicon, zanetti does the job at 38 years old as well.

Can you say the same for madrid, marcelo and ramos(too attacking), carvalho(too old), pepe(too temperamental but still their best defender) Mourinho isn't one to work at a team like that with egos as big as himself.
Reply 3051
Original post by Overmars
He's got his team 5 points ahead of Barcelona in the league. These head-to-head games are just little battles, the league is the war. And he's winning so far. Outstanding manager, no matter what you might think of him as a person.

These 'Little battles' can easily decide the outcome of the league, not just by points themselves but the teams morale.
Original post by Overmars

Exactly, plus he wasn't that hated in england despite his 1-0 football, he was bad in italy, but even balotelli said italy's media are worse than here. Then there's spain, who basically want mourinho out and he doesn't really give a damn, he knows that he can get a job in a second.

Also to the people who say 'mourinho can only spend money.' Is that why he won the europa league and uefa champions league in successive years with porto and had an unbeaten home run in the league from 2002-2011.
Original post by Jordan_1
These 'Little battles' can easily decide the outcome of the league, not just by points themselves but the teams morale.

They lost to barcelona earlier in the season, they then proceeded to thrash sevilla 6-2. The only team that could realistically give those teams a fight is valencia, malaga are nowhere near ready yet.
50 quid says arsenal are not going to buy anyone in this window.
Reply 3055
Original post by jam277
They lost to barcelona earlier in the season, they then proceeded to thrash sevilla 6-2. The only team that could realistically give those teams a fight is valencia, malaga are nowhere near ready yet.

That was early in the season, they had no reason to worry. If they lose again the pressure will be much greater.
Original post by Jordan_1

As I said, he has got his team 5 points clear in the league. Long way to go but it'd be utterly stupid to judge him on these head-to-head games against Barcelona as opposed to their current position in the league.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Mourinho seems like marmite. I love him. Can't wait for him to return to England.

His reunion match against chelsea would be pretty epic. Anyway there was talk of mourinho being sacked last season, yet he stayed, perez isn't an idiot, he knows that there is nothing for mourinho to lose if he is fired and the only potential replacement at the moment just went to PSG. I still don't know where he'll go to though. He would hate to go to arsenal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jilebinator
50 quid says arsenal are not going to buy anyone in this window.

Do loan signings count (excluding henry)?
Original post by jam277
Do loan signings count (excluding henry)?

nope. has to be a buy.

(before i get sued, this is a joke bet)

I'm going to enjoy my £50 worth of Tsr money.

Latest