Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Piss and arses. Thought I had another strip of tablets left in the box; just gone to take tonight's and actually there's only 2 tablets left in the strip. Which means I'm going to have to go without from tomorrow til Friday, which is the earliest I can get another prescription. Grrrrrrr.

On the flip side though, my red velvet cake in the oven looks stonkingly good if I say so myself.

ReputationRep:
    OMG I'm devastated by this news, loved the show, loved the actress and the character she played RIP to the real-life Mrs. McCluskey from Desperate Housewives (Kathryn Joosten) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz...n-aged-72.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    On the flip side though, my red velvet cake in the oven looks stonkingly good if I say so myself.
    *****, please, have you seen my rainbow cake on the last page? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    *****, please, have you seen my rainbow cake on the last page? :p:
    I have (my regards to the chef - I expect to receive my slice in the mail shortly). And I point you in the direction of my February post, in which I revealed the following confections:

Name:  zDsc_0447.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  43.9 KB

Poor photo I know (didn't want to unwrap a cake to take a photo of it), but I believe it can be seen that the cakes are red, green and blue marbled.

Which is a long-winded way of saying: *****, please, I did it first. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    That's very good to hear :awesome:

Well for me, I think my sexual attraction towards people has come back which I am not sure if it's a good thing or not :mmm:

For now, I'm just killing time by planning for next year and job hunting. Fingers crossed :puppyeyes:

Oh definitely good :teehee:

Good Luck with the job hunting! Hope you have better luck than I've been having!

PRSOM. That's bloody hilarious. Well played.
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't even my ham... :lolwut: :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Solidarity with those also job hunting!

I must of sent my CV to dozens of places at this point. I hate having little experience and being limited in location because I can't drive.

On the bright side I'm going to be a steward at a political conference in October, it's only for 4 days but at least I'll get paid and I couldn't have afforded to go otherwise.

(Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    OMG I'm devastated by this news, loved the show, loved the actress and the character she played RIP to the real-life Mrs. McCluskey from Desperate Housewives (Kathryn Joosten) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz...n-aged-72.html
    I was gutted to hear that today, I loved her as Mrs Landingham in The West Wing and she was excellent in an episode of Scrubs.

ReputationRep:
    I am lé sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I am lé sad.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What do people think about me bleaching my hair platinum blonde?

I am lé sad.

Every now and then you should take a day to drop off the radar and just do stuff that makes you happy, like rewatching a favourite movie or making your favourite foods :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Oh the 7th is they day before my exam. I will not be going again then.
    You have an exam on Sunday 8th July? Bad times

I am lé sad.
    :hugs: Listen to paddy, (for once) he has some good advice.

Every now and then you should take a day to drop off the radar and just do stuff that makes you happy, like rewatching a favourite movie or making your favourite foods :yes:
    ^This.

(Original post by paddy)
    You'll probably find it easier than I did because your hair is lighter, but do be careful you don't damage your hair. Mine took three separate bleachings spaced a couple of weeks apart. Then once it's light enough, you can use a blue/purple toner to counteract the yellow tones and make it silver/white respectively.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Going to watch iron sky today :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    So I'm supposed to be going on a date this afternoon. We arranged it last week and I've not seen him online so haven't had a chance to talk to him since. I text him yesterday asking if we were still on for today, no reply. I text him about an hour ago saying "Still on for later, or did you want to take a rain check?". No reply. If I'm to make it on time, I'd have to leave in about an hour and I still have to get ready.

I have a feeling that if I go I'm going to get stood up. Should I go? Or should I not bother? >< Chris says I should go, and if he doesn't turn up then he'll owe me. But if I do go and he doesn't show then I'll have put effort into looking nice and trudged out in the rain for nothing, plus being a Sunday on the Jubilee bank holiday weekend, it's not like there'll be anything else to do in the area really. Hmmm.

(Original post by cpdavis)
    Going to watch iron sky today :awesome:
    I was supposed to go on Tuesday, but I was ill so I missed out >< Chris went and told me it was awesome. He's bought the DVD which was delivered to work, so hopefully I'll watch it on Wednesday or Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    So I'm supposed to be going on a date this afternoon. We arranged it last week and I've not seen him online so haven't had a chance to talk to him since. I text him yesterday asking if we were still on for today, no reply. I text him about an hour ago saying "Still on for later, or did you want to take a rain check?". No reply. If I'm to make it on time, I'd have to leave in about an hour and I still have to get ready.

I have a feeling that if I go I'm going to get stood up. Should I go? Or should I not bother? >< Chris says I should go, and if he doesn't turn up then he'll owe me. But if I do go and he doesn't show then I'll have put effort into looking nice and trudged out in the rain for nothing, plus being a Sunday on the Jubilee bank holiday weekend, it's not like there'll be anything else to do in the area really. Hmmm.
    I wouldn't go. This guy sounds like a Grade-A douchebag. If you arranged a date he should at least be in touch to let you know if he's still planning on attending. If you don't go and he does show up, you're still perfectly in the right since you had no indication from his lack of response that he was actually going to be there. Instead you should do something fun chez toi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ars Ludicra)
    I wouldn't go. This guy sounds like a Grade-A douchebag. If you arranged a date he should at least be in touch to let you know if he's still planning on attending. If you don't go and he does show up, you're still perfectly in the right since you had no indication from his lack of response that he was actually going to be there. Instead you should do something fun chez toi.
    If it was anyone else I'd totally be right there with you, the only thing that's making me hesitant is that he's such a nice guy; he'd be the last person I'd expect to randomly stand me up. Plus, MEGA HOT. Le sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Thank you :hugs:

(Original post by paddy)

I think it'd look pretty nifty I've always wanted to do mine platinum blonde, but I've never dared because it'd take so many goes to get it right with how dark my hair is.

Yeah... I've got a week and a half off from work now, so I'm going to chillax and just do stuff. I'm just feeling a bit down. I was supposed to be going to Download Festival on Wednesday, but my friends have all had to pull out (one for very genuine reasons, but the rest because they're useless lightweight ****s) so I've not got anyone to go with A guy from work is going and I'm supposed to be camping with him and his girlfriend, but I'm not getting on so well with him at the moment and I don't know him very well, or any of his friends. I'm gutted because Download has always been a thing that I've done with my friends and that I've always enjoyed, but I don't think it'll be the same without my friends to hang around with.

I think I'm not going to go. :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I was supposed to go on Tuesday, but I was ill so I missed out >< Chris went and told me it was awesome. He's bought the DVD which was delivered to work, so hopefully I'll watch it on Wednesday or Thursday
    I wouldn't go personally as he might not be there (ie conals advice) have you tried calling him?

At cinema now, only me and 5 others here. Perfect

This was posted secretly from The Student Room's iPhone App

ReputationRep:
    I have (my regards to the chef - I expect to receive my slice in the mail shortly). And I point you in the direction of my February post, in which I revealed the following confections:

Name:  zDsc_0447.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  43.9 KB

Poor photo I know (didn't want to unwrap a cake to take a photo of it), but I believe it can be seen that the cakes are red, green and blue marbled.

Which is a long-winded way of saying: *****, please, I did it first. :p:
    Ahem

Chocolate, strawberry, and lemon meringue.

If we be talking cakes, I aint letting nobody out-bake me.

The shoes are edible. EDIBLE.

Isn't it like... the gayest thing you've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    Isn't it like... the gayest thing you've ever seen.
    I dunno, I've seen a fair bit of men having sex with men :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I've seen a fair bit of men having sex with men :mmm:
    Well I wouldn't know anything about that, because I am an innocent flower :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam_g)
    well i wouldn't know anything about that, because i am an innocent flower :bigsmile:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.