Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    I don't know what plans you have for the ol' manifesto, but I'd like to politely request that you refrain from mentioning the Fair Pay Act.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Did Labour have any input in that bill at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    It was about trains!

I thought you 2 were ****ging me off

Knowledge that will be gone if I went

Every time I see Morgsie post, in my head I sing the chorus to 'Ruby' by the Kaiser Chiefs but I replace the word Ruby with 'drama'.

Drama, drama, drama, drama, oooh ooh oooooh.

That's starting to get boring now, I'm kind of wishing I never have to sing that in my head again.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Every time I see Morgsie post, in my head I sing the chorus to 'Ruby' by the Kaiser Chiefs but I replace the word Ruby with 'drama'.

Drama, drama, drama, drama, oooh ooh oooooh.

That's starting to get boring now, I'm kind of wishing I never have to sing that in my head again.
    Yes it is getting boring I agree. Just stick him on ignore if he annoys you.

(Original post by toronto353)
    Yes it is getting boring I agree. Just stick him on ignore if he annoys you.
    Im not frothing at the mouth with rage when I see him post. You do have to wonder how anyone can have such little self-awareness. Does he have any friends left here?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Did Labour have any input in that bill at all?

Some suggestions were made, but the bill overall was compiled by myself and wouldn't have happened without my presence in the House, which is why I believe other parties should refrain from using it.

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Im not frothing at the mouth with rage when I see him post. You do have to wonder how anyone can have such little self-awareness. Does he have any friends left here?
    I think that everyone's patience is wearing thin now - mine included.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Some suggestions were made, but the bill overall was compiled by myself and wouldn't have happened without my presence in the House, which is why I believe other parties should refrain from using it.

It seems strange to me that you were happy for the TSR Labour Party to share credit for it at the time it was going through the House, but not now. If we collaborated on the bill, I think we would have the right to cite it in our manifesto. Obviously I cannot comment on the content of TSR Labour's manifesto and please do not draw any inferences from this post as to whether or not it has been included. I just think your request is unreasonable.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It seems strange to me that you were happy for the TSR Labour Party to share credit for it at the time it was going through the House, but not now. If we collaborated on the bill, I think we would have the right to cite it in our manifesto. Obviously I cannot comment on the content of TSR Labour's manifesto and please do not draw any inferences from this post as to whether or not it has been included. I just think your request is unreasonable.
    It's not an issue of not wanting to share the credit, it's more to do with the fact that the bill wouldn't have come about had I not been elected. A potential voter in this election could look at both manifestos and conclude that a vote for each would deliver similar outcomes when that wouldn't really be the case.

Getting other parties to collaborate was really only a way of making sure the bill passed, so entirely non-consequential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    It's not an issue of not wanting to share the credit, it's more to do with the fact that the bill wouldn't have come about had I not been elected. A potential voter in this election could look at both manifestos and conclude that a vote for each would deliver similar outcomes when that wouldn't really be the case.

Getting other parties to collaborate was really only a way of making sure the bill passed, so entirely non-consequential.

I could understand you objecting to a party mentioning the bill and wording it in such a way that could imply that they had written or were behind it, but if we wanted to put in a mention of a bill we collaborated on, I think we should be able to. A potential voter could instead merely conclude that a vote for each would be a vote for a candidate/party which believes in similar values.

ReputationRep:
    You may be interested to know that you came up briefly in a conversation me and paperclip had in pub!
    So what else did you talk about?

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Blates fantasising about you... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Nothing internet related, too much rl stuff to catch up on! It was literally like 10 seconds out of 2 hours of conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I think you've come up in conversation in the past...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    That's a given to be honest. :cool:

Nothing internet related, too much rl stuff to catch up on! It was literally like 10 seconds out of 2 hours of conversation.
    Lies, I bet there was gossip. I demand to know! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    QFA

QFA
    I believe both of you guys are in Labour IRL? If so, I was wondering if you could help me:

I signed up to join the party online (using the Young Labour membership fee, I couldn't afford the full rate) on September 5th and duly received an email saying 'Thank you... (etc)' and that 'you will receive a membership pack and Labour party card in the next 7-10 days'. Considering it's been over two weeks since I joined I'm getting slightly confused about what's going on. Is there anything I should do/someone I should contact. I presume I'm actually in the party

The email also said the local Labour MP/Party might be in touch regarding getting involved in the local community (which is something I'd quite like to do), but alas.. :moon:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by benpearson1)
    I believe both of you guys are in Labour IRL? If so, I was wondering if you could help me:

I signed up to join the party online (using the Young Labour membership fee, I couldn't afford the full rate) on September 5th and duly received an email saying 'Thank you... (etc)' and that 'you will receive a membership pack and Labour party card in the next 7-10 days'. Considering it's been over two weeks since I joined I'm getting slightly confused about what's going on. Is there anything I should do/someone I should contact. I presume I'm actually in the party

The email also said the local Labour MP/Party might be in touch regarding getting involved in the local community (which is something I'd quite like to do), but alas.. :moon:
    I joined ages ago and don't really remember the process. The card arrived in a funny pack, and I ended up with two for some reason. So overall it can be quite disorganised (and this will definitely be the case in the run up to Conference). If you joined-up online then you must have used a debit card right? If they've taken cash from it then you should expect your pack soonish, otherwise maybe you should send in an e-mail to ask what's going on.

CLPs can also be very slow - once you have your party number, log into membersnet and do whatever it says on there. Other than that, maybe try e-mailing the Young Labour group for your region (they're usually much more responsive) and ask to get involved that way. When I was new, I made the mistake of bypassing YL and going straight to a branch meeting. It was incredibly disheartening (basically it demonstrated to me how undemocratic the Party is, and how racist some of the older members can be).

Good luck with getting involved. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    I joined ages ago and don't really remember the process. The card arrived in a funny pack, and I ended up with two for some reason. So overall it can be quite disorganised (and this will definitely be the case in the run up to Conference). If you joined-up online then you must have used a debit card right? If they've taken cash from it then you should expect your pack soonish, otherwise maybe you should send in an e-mail to ask what's going on.

CLPs can also be very slow - once you have your party number, log into membersnet and do whatever it says on there. Other than that, maybe try e-mailing the Young Labour group for your region (they're usually much more responsive) and ask to get involved that way. When I was new, I made the mistake of bypassing YL and going straight to a branch meeting. It was incredibly disheartening (basically it demonstrated to me how undemocratic the Party is, and how racist some of the older members can be).

Good luck with getting involved. :yy:
    Ah, cool. Yes I used a debit card but the YL membership fee is almost non existent so I don't know if that will have had any significant effect. I hadn't considered the delay due to the Conference as well, but hopefully all is in hand. If I don't get/hear anything by the end of next week I'll try contacting YL first as you suggested and then go from there.

How old were you when you joined? Thanks anyway
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by benpearson1)
    Ah, cool. Yes I used a debit card but the YL membership fee is almost non existent so I don't know if that will have had any significant effect. I hadn't considered the delay due to the Conference as well, but hopefully all is in hand. If I don't get/hear anything by the end of next week I'll try contacting YL first as you suggested and then go from there.

How old were you when you joined? Thanks anyway
    I think I was thirteen (might have been fourteen come to think of it). It was when Obama won in 08.

What Party did you vote for in the GE?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    Just to clarify because I'm slightly unsure of this, who is leader/ deputy leader of TSR Labour at the moment?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.