Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malik8050)
    Yes I confirmed it.
    How did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malik8050)
    I received an unconditional offer this afternoon.
    Undergraduate entry.
    Interview: 18 February.
    UKCAT: 715

Congrats! Im assuming youve already sat your a levels? Can I ask what grades they were?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuciraO)
    Anymore international applicants still waiting for a reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes, iam anxiously waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyk89)
    She answered that she is a ug home applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skjsy)
    yes, iam anxiously waiting.
    Hi there! Mind if I ask when was your interview? I've had three of my friends from my college received an offer two weeks after our interview. And there are some of us with rejections. And just two of us left without replies including me. My interview was on the 14/2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Mind if I ask when was your interview? I've had three of my friends from my college received an offer two weeks after our interview. And there are some of us with rejections. And just two of us left without replies including me. My interview was on the 14/2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I am waiting too. International applicant. 17th dec interview . My friend is also waiting 27 jan interview . International . UG entry too

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Out of interest, how many people in your college applied to Medicine? It seems like a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyG)
    Out of interest, how many people in your college applied to Medicine? It seems like a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure how many of us applied. But 8 of us from my college have been short listed for the interview. If I'm not mistaken there were only 13 international applicants from Malaysia that got the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sklka)
    Hey, I am waiting too. International applicant. 17th dec interview . My friend is also waiting 27 jan interview . International . UG entry too
    Hi there! Nice to know I'm not alone in this waiting process. Because I've been following this thread since my shortlisting for interview, and most of the time some students here refer that bunch of offers have been given out to international applicants.

Glad to share the anxiety!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyG)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, I just realized your question was directed to how many people applied for medicine and not specifically Leicester. Well, my college's intake is very big. Around 700 students each batch for A levels. Number of students applying for medicine to the UK is closed to 150.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how many of us applied. But 8 of us from my college have been short listed for the interview. If I'm not mistaken there were only 13 international applicants from Malaysia that got the interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you from Taylor's by the way?

if so, there have been offers given out to Malaysians in the past two weeks or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jckc123)
    Are you from Taylor's by the way?

if so, there have been offers given out to Malaysians in the past two weeks or so.
    Yup Yup! Are you from KYUEM? Or are you from TCSH? Yea, I'm aware of that. As I said, my friends heard replies two weeks ago. Left me and another guy with no replies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup Yup! Are you from KYUEM? Or are you from TCSH? Yea, I'm aware of that. As I said, my friends heard replies two weeks ago. Left me and another guy with no replies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, i see.
    How many from the rest got an offer?
    Usually those who had no replies would be reserved in the waiting pool, which you could be hearing back as late as April, depending on how many internationals have accepted or rejected the offer.
    On your previous comment, you said only 13 applicants, from Taylor's ?

I'm a past applicant from last year and now a first year medical student. I was also from Taylor's. there were 9 interviews for Taylor's, which 4 of us currently got. In total, there are 10 Malaysians in my cohort. (The numbers are usually around 9-11 a year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jckc123)
    Ah, i see.
    How many from the rest got an offer?
    Usually those who had no replies would be reserved in the waiting pool, which you could be hearing back as late as April, depending on how many internationals have accepted or rejected the offer.
    On your previous comment, you said only 13 applicants, from Taylor's ?

I'm a past applicant from last year and now a first year medical student. I was also from Taylor's. there were 9 interviews for Taylor's, which 4 of us currently got. In total, there are 10 Malaysians in my cohort. (The numbers are usually around 9-11 a year)
    Wow nice to know that I have one more senior if I even get an offer from Leicester. Nope, there are 8 from Taylor's, 13 from Malaysia. Which means the other 5 from other colleges. So far out of 8 of us 3 offers, 2 waiting, some rejections, some I didn't ask.

The other 5 I'm not in contact with them. Say hi to TVL for me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=RuciraO;46733401]Wow nice to know that I have one more senior if I even get an offer from Leicester. Nope, there are 8 from Taylor's, 13 from Malaysia. Which means the other 5 from other colleges. So far out of 8 of us 3 offers, 2 waiting, some rejections, some I didn't ask.

Only 13?? That's quite few... I suspected my year to be about 30 interviews. They had one session in Taylor's, one in Kl, and one in kyuem I heard.
    I guess since they changed to MMI recently, maybe the numbers have changed. Who knows.

Ah,you're from Seafield. Nice to meet you then. ( I'm the only sad malaysian guy with 9 other girls hahah)
    anyways, good luck and all the best.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jckc123;46733458]
    Wow nice to know that I have one more senior if I even get an offer from Leicester. Nope, there are 8 from Taylor's, 13 from Malaysia. Which means the other 5 from other colleges. So far out of 8 of us 3 offers, 2 waiting, some rejections, some I didn't ask.

Only 13?? That's quite few... I suspected my year to be about 30 interviews. They had one session in Taylor's, one in Kl, and one in kyuem I heard.
    I guess since they changed to MMI recently, maybe the numbers have changed. Who knows.

Ah,you're from Seafield. Nice to meet you then. ( I'm the only sad malaysian guy with 9 other girls hahah)
    anyways, good luck and all the best.
    Nah, not from Seafield. I'm from Penang btw. I just happen to know a few seniors you must be one lucky guy!

We not only had MMI. Our interviews included Skype, tests and interviews (panel and MMI). I think our year is harder than your year from what I heard from TVL.

When did you hear about your offer last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I just realized your question was directed to how many people applied for medicine and not specifically Leicester. Well, my college's intake is very big. Around 700 students each batch for A levels. Number of students applying for medicine to the UK is closed to 150.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow! Thanks :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine received an offer earlier today for the A101 course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainman91)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats to your friend, surprised they sent out offers today. Hopefully yours comes soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainman91)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good to see they are still trickling out. Hopefully ours will arrive tomorrow..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.