Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I hope 150 didn't get through to FSB if there's only 25 available

ReputationRep:
    This might be a silly question, but with regards to the interview at the GCS FSB (or any FSB for that matter) do they expect you to give different examples for the competency based questions than those given at the AC? Or probably more to the point does anyone know if the assessors have all the previous notes on your interview at the AC to compare your performance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)

I took it to mean 150 people through to the AC, as it was published before all the AC's had taken place..... Could be wrong though!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Frenchie86)
    This might be a silly question, but with regards to the interview at the GCS FSB (or any FSB for that matter) do they expect you to give different examples for the competency based questions than those given at the AC? Or probably more to the point does anyone know if the assessors have all the previous notes on your interview at the AC to compare your performance?
    I suspect you should try and give examples that are tailored as closely to 'communications' as possible. I think the notes from FSAC are just for the line manager or something, that's what my interviewer told me anyway - though mind you the GCS assessors may well be our line managers haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauws)
    Yes it does.

Premier Inn County Hall is where I stayed. Its very close to the venue, but I had a terrible night sleep tbh as they where clanging in the courtyard all night. But otherwise rooms were clean, staff pleasant, 10 minute walk to venue at a stroll (a fantastic walk across Westminster Bridge too) Evening meal and breakfast for £22.00 so you don't have to worry about finding breakfast in morning / looking for somewhere decent to eat at night.

Edit: I had a £120 overnight stay approved in addition to a £45 train coming from Liverpool (so a 2 1/2 hour journey).
    That's really helpful, thanks! Premier Inn County Hall is already full for that night so I've booked in Premier Inn Waterloo right behind it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roeslein)
    That's really helpful, thanks! Premier Inn County Hall is already full for that night so I've booked in Premier Inn Waterloo right behind it.
    No problem, hope your assessment centre is successful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonoDrew)
    Just got my score back - an underwhelming 16.45 for DaT. The grading thing at the end of the feedback form seems to indicate that all 2-scores won't be enough - is this the case? Do you need to be hitting 3s and 4s by the time you get to FSB?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactusjr)
    Does anyone know if the starting salary for HR includes the London allowance? Or do all grads start on the same(-ish) salary even in the regions?
    There is no separate London allowance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ses_251)
    Now completed my e-tray. It was intense! Do you know how soon the results come through so I know if I qualify for the next stage (FSAC)? The previous stages took about 24hrs.
    It varies since it depends on your etray score. If you got a high mark you'll be invited to FSAC quickly, usually within days. Middling marks have to wait a bit longer until it becomes clear where they stand in relation to others who've applied. I imagine that it'll be quicker for those applying in round 2 since the pass marks have already been set. But (like with every stage of this process!) you just have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grownupfrog)
    It varies since it depends on your etray score. If you got a high mark you'll be invited to FSAC quickly, usually within days. Middling marks have to wait a bit longer until it becomes clear where they stand in relation to others who've applied. I imagine that it'll be quicker for those applying in round 2 since the pass marks have already been set. But (like with every stage of this process!) you just have to wait.
    If the pass marks have been set, op should find out within 24 hours. However, I'm not sure whether they will be reassessed for second round schemes? If so, like you say, the wait will apply.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats and welcome! :five: There are loads of us now! :eek:
    I know! It's been a lonely few months for the three or four of us who heard in Jan but great to see so many HR Fast Streamers now

Is anybody else on tenterhooks waiting to hear about their placement?!

Perhaps we should start a separate HR thread and get to know each other a bit better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Me too! It wasn't very clear! It seems a bit excessive to allow 150 people through to this stage, for a mere 25 places though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauws)
    If the pass marks have been set, op should find out within 24 hours. However, I'm not sure whether they will be reassessed for second round schemes? If so, like you say, the wait will apply.
    Thanks guys. Just have to wait and see :-)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes for expenses to be paid into your bank once they are approved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm436)
    Does anyone know how long it takes for expenses to be paid into your bank once they are approved?
    think mine took about a week, post-approval.

ReputationRep:
    Been put onto the reserve list for HR (meaning i have to wait for round 2 results to come out). Was just wondering what scores people who were successful got so I can gauge my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EK9)
    Been put onto the reserve list for HR (meaning i have to wait for round 2 results to come out). Was just wondering what scores people who were successful got so I can gauge my chances?
    Have you been told your score? The pass mark is somewhere between 15 and 16 I believe. Someone posted that they passed this time with a score in the high 15s (15.8 or so). I passed with 16.79 and the others I know who've passed for HR have been in the 16s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roeslein)
    Just planning for the SAC - anyone knows what they mean exactly by "overnight expenses for any unavoidable stay"? If I would have to leave home at 5:30 AM, does it count as unavoidable stay?

I don't do well when I'm sleep-deprived - I've travelled to ACs in London before and I end up underperforming due to how sleepy I am, so I would like to stay in London if possible. I'm also worried about trains being late and such.
    I would also have left at around 5.30am if I didn't travel the night before. I got a B&B about 15 minute walk from the venue with breakfast included for £115.00 and a train from Birmingham for about £35 and that was approved absolutely fine

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganfleur)
    I know! It's been a lonely few months for the three or four of us who heard in Jan but great to see so many HR Fast Streamers now

Is anybody else on tenterhooks waiting to hear about their placement?!

Perhaps we should start a separate HR thread and get to know each other a bit better?
    We could make a HR Facebook page?!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have been sneakily watching this thread all through the application process but have never posted or had an account before! I found out yesterday that I passed FSAC for the European Fast Stream. Have had a little bit of a trawl through - but very little to go by on what this means or how long I can expect it to be before I hear any more.

My scores were relatively high other than the wrong side of 2.5 for value-for-money/achieving commercial outcomes. I don't suppose anyone can enlighten me on a) chances of success at this stage or b) how long the 'paper sift' process takes? From a glance through last year's thread it looks as though some serious mistakes were made with communicating but also the whole process seemed to have been wrapped up by now...

Many thanks for any input from anybody, and congratulations to all of the many people on here who have been successful or reached final selection boards!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.