The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KAmalraj10
Hi! did any one received email from St.George university. Im waiting for this uni.

I haven't received one yet either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nature_elf
Anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet? :redface:

I received my confirmation yesterday :smile:
Still nothing from Newcastle or Warwick! I keep telling myself not to worry and it doesn't matter, but..DOES it matter? I don't really know if it means anything or not.
Original post by LilithSternin
Still nothing from Newcastle or Warwick! I keep telling myself not to worry and it doesn't matter, but..DOES it matter? I don't really know if it means anything or not.

Ive still not heard from warwick
For anyone still waiting to hear back from unis don't worry they're just going through the list one by one at this stage you will hear eventually. They will acknowledge your application before making any decisions, but I know the waiting is horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HanaGEM
Ive still not heard from warwick

I've heard from Warwick but only because they've decided to process me as an overseas student for no reason... But basically I don't think it's their practice to send confirmation emails so I wouldn't worry 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pharma21
For anyone still waiting to hear back from unis don't worry they're just going through the list one by one at this stage you will hear eventually. They will acknowledge your application before making any decisions, but I know the waiting is horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that makes me feel better! My surname is very very far along in the alphabet so I'm choosing to believe it's that, rightly or wrongly.
Original post by GradMed1234
I've heard from Warwick but only because they've decided to process me as an overseas student for no reason... But basically I don't think it's their practice to send confirmation emails so I wouldn't worry 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops, I'm assuming from your post that you are not an overseas applicant, I hope they've got it sorted now! Thanks for your message, I'm not really worried, was just trying to reassure LilithSternin, but it's good to know I need not be expecting an email :biggrin:

I see you were as creative with your username as i was, hehe
Thanks, that makes me feel better! My surname is very very far along in the alphabet so I'm choosing to believe it's that, rightly or wrongly.

That may well be the case, Im very near to the beginning :wink: dont worry, you know your application had been sent as you can see it on track, and the 'welcome' emails have no bearing on your application, I know I didnt get emails from all my choices when I applied for my degree, but I got interviews at all of them
Does anyone know of any good books that cover multiple mini interviews? Trying to feel optimistic about getting an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything from either of them either !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it's only been a few days but I already have that sick feeling of waiting and panic!!! I've applied before and usually don't get this feeling so soon haha. Is anyone else with me ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being ever so slightly desperate in my third cycle, I emailed Warwick. They replied with my application number :-) I am also at the end of the alphabet.
Original post by Quilverine
Being ever so slightly desperate in my third cycle, I emailed Warwick. They replied with my application number :-) I am also at the end of the alphabet.

Im glad they got back to you! Each cycle is new, and think of it this way, you have far more experience with the process now!
Original post by graceyel
I know it's only been a few days but I already have that sick feeling of waiting and panic!!! I've applied before and usually don't get this feeling so soon haha. Is anyone else with me ? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im with you! The whole UCAS process is evil! Ive not applied before but midwifery is equally competitive, I remember it well :s

Did they say when we can expect to hear regarding cutoff scores/interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
Did they say when we can expect to hear regarding cutoff scores/interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, just a very polite and concise confirmation. It will be December probably, they were the last to get back to me last year and the year before.
Nope, just a very polite and concise confirmation. It will be December probably, they were the last to get back to me last year and the year before.

Ah ok, thanks.
Original post by wciselko
I am just in the middle of chasing up my shifts from volunteering and it turns out that I have only around 50 hours or maybe a little bit more (which for some reason seems like a mistake as I was sure I have at least 100 hours). I will keep investigating that but I have a question.
These hours have to be completed by the 15th of October or the time they request it/the interview? Have I just wasted a choice? :frown:

Assuming youre talking about Warwick, the site says 70 hours by the time of your application, which i would imagine means 15th October, but they may be reasonable if you have it by the time they ask for it
Original post by wciselko
I am just in the middle of chasing up my shifts from volunteering and it turns out that I have only around 50 hours or maybe a little bit more (which for some reason seems like a mistake as I was sure I have at least 100 hours). I will keep investigating that but I have a question.
These hours have to be completed by the 15th of October or the time they request it/the interview? Have I just wasted a choice? :frown:

That's a bit ambiguous on but I remember asking on the Warwick open day about the 70 hour quota, which was confirmed by the admission tutor to be 70 hours minimum by the time of interview (December/January was the cut off to rack in 70 hours).

But, I'm not too sure if this is definitive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending