Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had a really great day today...

I was feeling really down about the whole UCAS process, the applying for more uni when all my friends are getting real jobs, and just generally a bit jaded about the whole thing. Then this morning for one of my final year modules we had a practical trauma skills session with mannequins - as biomeds I thought we'd just be doing theory, but we got to do 3-point immobilisation, shock control, airway management, needle thoracostomy and a chest drain on the mannequins

It really reminded me of why I want to do this and I feel so much more positive now come on guys, we can all do this! Let's all just think about what the end result could be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    Had a really great day today...

I was feeling really down about the whole UCAS process, the applying for more uni when all my friends are getting real jobs, and just generally a bit jaded about the whole thing. Then this morning for one of my final year modules we had a practical trauma skills session with mannequins - as biomeds I thought we'd just be doing theory, but we got to do 3-point immobilisation, shock control, airway management, needle thoracostomy and a chest drain on the mannequins

It really reminded me of why I want to do this and I feel so much more positive now come on guys, we can all do this! Let's all just think about what the end result could be
    Thats awesome, glad you had a positive day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Yeah I had a bit of a struggle with this too as I finished my degree three years ago and don't have any old timetables etc. In the end I just assigned each module to one of the domains (if it applied) then estimated the number of lectures based on the course information that is currently on my university's website (although some of the modules I took don't exist any more!). I'm hoping that as long as it is in the right ball park everything will be okay...
    Hi! Same here i done my degree 2years back .i didn'tremember. Is it possible to call university to adk about hour subject we done that course. If any have any information please reply.

Thank you

With kind regards,
    KA

ReputationRep:
    Hi please could anyone offer some insight? I'm feeling a little jumbled.

I currently have a good job in a hospital but its not for me - I am hopefully going to leave it for medicine and as I am taking a chemistry A level this year with distance learning, its a lot of work (as my job includes extra study & exams).

I have applied for a charity job- that includes some work at home and flexi hours.

I just dont know whether leaving a hospital job would be seen as a bad thing for any interviews? Or whether I can explain that I needed the flexi hours for the chemistry?

Any help or anyone in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWRC2421)
    Hi please could anyone offer some insight? I'm feeling a little jumbled.

I currently have a good job in a hospital but its not for me - I am hopefully going to leave it for medicine and as I am taking a chemistry A level this year with distance learning, its a lot of work (as my job includes extra study & exams).

I have applied for a charity job- that includes some work at home and flexi hours.

I just dont know whether leaving a hospital job would be seen as a bad thing for any interviews? Or whether I can explain that I needed the flexi hours for the chemistry?

Any help or anyone in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated

Thanks x
    I don't see why I would be viewed negatively, as long as you have been doing it long enough to give you sufficient experience.

Is there no way you could work on the bank or is it not appropriate for the job you are doing? Would there be no other appropriate hospital job for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YeloSweetPotato)
    The consensus here seems to be: use the track number as UCAS reference number when contacting universities and Pearson Vue!
    Oh dear...I gave Pearson Vue my application PID instead of my track PID!!! I've emailed them and tried calling but all the equiries options are for registration or problems with UKCAT! What should I do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zethra)
    Oh dear...I gave Pearson Vue my application PID instead of my track PID!!! I've emailed them and tried calling but all the equiries options are for registration or problems with UKCAT! What should I do now?
    Call them and choose any options until you speak to an actual person. They will then give you advice or tell you where to go/who to speak to

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you going on any interview preparation courses? If so would you recommend any in particular?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngthug97)
    1. Does kings do some sort of course where you have to do one year of it and transfer to medicine? If so what are the requirements, transfer rate?
    2. Does Cardiff allow Transfers from Medical Pharmacology to Medicine after first year? If so what are the requirements, transfer rate?
    With Medical Pharmacology in Cardiff, you have to complete the whole degree (3 years) then you will be considered for entry into the 2nd year of Medicine. Still need to do GAMSAT and have work experience, interview etc. Not too sure about transfer rate though, think it's fairly high compared to the other feeder courses in Cardiff bioscience, due to med pharm having a much smaller year group.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet?

ReputationRep:
    I received an e-mail from birmingham yesterday saying 'Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has now been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocoviola)
    I received an e-mail from birmingham yesterday saying 'Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Team and has now been referred to the Admissions Tutor for further consideration.'
    Hmmmm... I wonder why I haven't received anything yet. I sent my application on the 5th October. When did you send yours in?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! did any one received email from St.George university. Im waiting for this uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAmalraj10)
    Hi! did any one received email from St.George university. Im waiting for this uni.
    I haven't received one yet either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nature_elf)
    Anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet?
    I received my confirmation yesterday

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from Newcastle or Warwick! I keep telling myself not to worry and it doesn't matter, but..DOES it matter? I don't really know if it means anything or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilithSternin)
    Still nothing from Newcastle or Warwick! I keep telling myself not to worry and it doesn't matter, but..DOES it matter? I don't really know if it means anything or not.
    Ive still not heard from warwick

ReputationRep:
    For anyone still waiting to hear back from unis don't worry they're just going through the list one by one at this stage you will hear eventually. They will acknowledge your application before making any decisions, but I know the waiting is horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    Ive still not heard from warwick
    I've heard from Warwick but only because they've decided to process me as an overseas student for no reason... But basically I don't think it's their practice to send confirmation emails so I wouldn't worry 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma21)
    For anyone still waiting to hear back from unis don't worry they're just going through the list one by one at this stage you will hear eventually. They will acknowledge your application before making any decisions, but I know the waiting is horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, that makes me feel better! My surname is very very far along in the alphabet so I'm choosing to believe it's that, rightly or wrongly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.