Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    On current form, you guys would win..

Between now and then both of us have games against United.. I think those will be very decisive. If you beat United the week before facing us, I'd back you to gain enough confidence to win.. Though if we beat United and given our other 3 very easy games, by then we could be coming into it on a decent run aswell..

Both of our teams are doing well in the league, but you guys are doing it against better opposition at the moment, so I really am not confident. Wish you had stayed in Europe so that you may have had: United, mid week game, arsenal... That would have been tastes.

Anyway at the moment my money is on liverpool, but its a month away, and a lot can change before then
    i think you underestimate yourself.
    we are exceptional right now, but city showed in the first half that our defence can be opened up with rapid, quality passing and movement; something that you hold in your team.

arsenal lose to united
    united lose to liverpool
    liverpool lose to arsenal

that's how i see the big head to head games going - in such a case we'd effectively gain/lose nothing on each other

(Original post by Peggles_*)
    It was United and MCFC a few weeks ago tbf. :yawn:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey peggles, are you feeling better about the CL game?
    at least you didn't go out to besiktas -_-

arsenal and liverpool for 3rd and 4th, yeah? (just go with it) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Every single one of these players are confusing me. You can't describe them in one word because they'll change to something else the next.
    Except for Flamini, whose entire second period of his Arsenal career can be summed up as '****'.

ReputationRep:
    Ozil has got the third best assists to minutes ratio in the Prem of all time...

Also remember this guy:

Miss him
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Giroud needed that performance today. Good for him.

ReputationRep:
    MOTD analysis was surprisingly actually insightful

ReputationRep:
    ARSENE WENGER TILL THE END

ReputationRep:
    no lie, Arsene Wenger has given me the need to achieve again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Souness' column yesterday - absolutely damning. He makes a good point about nobody in the Arsenal side being able to smell danger, like a Matic does so successfully, or Lucas/Fernandinho to a lesser extent for Liverpool and City.

ReputationRep:
    What's happening with Walcott? Is he just being phased back from that long injury? Or is the amount of competition driving him out of the side? If the latter, will he want to leave in the Summer?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    What's happening with Walcott? Is he just being phased back from that long injury? Or is the amount of competition driving him out of the side? If the latter, will he want to leave in the Summer?
    Apparently he was involved with a spat with fans post-Monaco.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I think he's being phased out and won't start another game for us in all honesty as wenger doesn't like the type of player he is. I really like Walcott tbf as he brings goals to the table so I can see him leaving. I can see Liverpool going in for him or a team like juventus. Liverpool would do well to play him up top with sturridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Apparently he was involved with a spat with fans post-Monaco.
    I was at the game, honestly don't believe what the media tells you. After he swapped shirts with Aymen Abdennour one, maybe two so called "fans" said something to Walcott after he heard their boo's and simply gestured he wasn't having none of it. After that, those so called "fans" of our club were being ashamed by the rest of the Arsenal supporters for turning their backs on our team.

I'm sick of all the fighting amongst fans but the general atmosphere at the Emirates is dire, low confidence amongst the supporters and players/management alike. I think we should all just pull through it together as a Club, we're much better than to be fighting with each other :/.

ReputationRep:
    Souness' column yesterday - absolutely damning. He makes a good point about nobody in the Arsenal side being able to smell danger, like a Matic does so successfully, or Lucas/Fernandinho to a lesser extent for Liverpool and City.
    That's obvious when Arsenal have Coquelin, Arteta and Flamini as their defensive midfielders and that has been the case for about 8 years since Gilberto left. That's so obvious that I don't even think it's worthy of an article.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    That's obvious when Arsenal have Coquelin, Arteta and Flamini as their defensive midfielders and that has been the case for about 8 years since Gilberto left. That's so obvious that I don't even think it's worthy of an article.
    But it's damning in the sense that Coquelin was hailed as the saviour post-Man City, and look where he is now.

Wenger has - time and time again - failed to bolster that position, and failed to replace men. Diaby's practically in a vegetative state, and there ARE certain mitigating factors (i.e. building the stadium) but excuses have ran out now. Sanchez was a great signing - but was he necessary? Ozil was a great signing - but was he necessary?

Wenger makes the same mistakes each transfer window it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    But it's damning in the sense that Coquelin was hailed as the saviour post-Man City, and look where he is now.
    Yes but any person who knows a shred about football and has watched more than two Arsenal games under Wenger knew that Coquelin wasn't good enough, defensively a guy who runs around and puts in a few tackles after losing the ball always will get praised, remember Scott Parker for England :rolleyes:
    Wenger has - time and time again - failed to bolster that position, and failed to replace men. Diaby's practically in a vegetative state, and there ARE certain mitigating factors (i.e. building the stadium) but excuses have ran out now. Sanchez was a great signing - but was he necessary? Ozil was a great signing - but was he necessary?

Diaby isn't a DM and never has been he gets the title because he's tall and black, he's a box to box midfielder and his running across the midfield is what made him so good when he did play.

Sanchez was neccessary simply because the Arsenal team had no pace and no player suited to movement/direct running behind the defence and with Walcott with an ACL injury. Ozil was not neccessary, simply because Cazorla was in the side as well as Rosicky, while at a stretch Ramsey and Wilshere could have played there or Arsenal could have gone 4-3-3/4-1-4-1 like they've been doing this season, which renders a player like Ozil quite useless.

Wenger makes the same mistakes each transfer window it would seem.
    That's what everybody has been saying since about 2008. He had the veil of the lack of money from the emirates stadium, but he's paid big money for some players, such as Sanchez and Walcott.

While we're at it, he doesn't even need a clear CM, more a guy like Carrick who can distribute the ball very well and is good at being in position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I think he's being phased out and won't start another game for us in all honesty as wenger doesn't like the type of player he is. I really like Walcott tbf as he brings goals to the table so I can see him leaving. I can see Liverpool going in for him or a team like juventus. Liverpool would do well to play him up top with sturridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't see what Walcott would offer that Sterling doesn't when he played up top?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    remember Scott Parker for England :rolleyes:
    England captain and player of the year. Farcical.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see what Walcott would offer that Sterling doesn't when he played up top?
    More Pace and better finishing perhaps? He's usually more consistent of a threat too and I can see sterling being played behind them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    More Pace and better finishing perhaps? He's usually more consistent of a threat too and I can see sterling being played behind them.
    If Sterling plays behind them then where does that leave Coutinho? Or do you think they'll do a diamond of some sorts.

ReputationRep:
    Sterling looks much better on the ball in comparison to Walcott who is much more lethal off the ball. Sterling's dribbling and technique is by far better than Walcott's but Walcott makes up for it with his pace by getting into better positions. The latter is a much better finisher too.

Sterling will always have the higher ceiling however due to Theo being at his peak.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.