Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Another question for ucl applicants for primary pgce who have already heard back - what was the first way you found out your application outcome?

I need to know which one to refresh the most ☺️ 😰

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberry muffin)
    Another question for ucl applicants for primary pgce who have already heard back - what was the first way you found out your application outcome?

I found out from UCAS by email. Good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone work as a cover supervisor before applying for PGCE? I've got an interview and would love to hear some experiences...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_S_94)
    I found out from UCAS by email. Good luck !!
    Thank you and congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else applying for PGCE English at Sunderland? I'm just waiting for one of my references at the minute but I'm starting to get impatient because I've spoken to a couple of people who've already had interviews and been accepted onto the course.

How long on average does it take to find out if you've got an interview once your application's been submitted? All this waiting is stressful! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jupecrayon)
    Is anyone else applying for PGCE English at Sunderland? I'm just waiting for one of my references at the minute but I'm starting to get impatient because I've spoken to a couple of people who've already had interviews and been accepted onto the course.

How long on average does it take to find out if you've got an interview once your application's been submitted? All this waiting is stressful! :/
    I think I heard back from all 3 choices in the first week after I sent my application in, one giving me an interview the following week and the other two a week after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashleyclaire)
    I think I heard back from all 3 choices in the first week after I sent my application in, one giving me an interview the following week and the other two a week after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't expect it to be that quick! Thanks, that's made me feel a bit less stressed

ReputationRep:

I had an email from UCAS first saying something had changed on track . Good luck I'm sure you will hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_S_94)
    For those who have offers from UCL, what do you feel about the support they will give you, are you going to travel far and do they have direct school placements in the area where you are living at currently?
    Have you an offer from IOE ? Think they covered all this on the interview day distances etc , schools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TunaTunnel)
    Hey guys, its about time we got a thread going for prospective PGCE applicants applying for 2016 entry.

Has anyone else started gaining experience or written their personal statement?
    What subject are you looking to study?
    Where are you applying?

Hello i have looked at the personal statements on-line and have in cooperate my experience and knowledge to fit it in there. I have applied to Greenwich and have successfully got in and starting this month. i have placement within a Secondary school biut had previous experience as a Teaching assistant.

ReputationRep:
    Passed both literacy and numeracy skills tests today. Literacy was so hard. I had a 10 paragraph comprehension piece. So glad those are over with.

ReputationRep:
    I was interviewed just before Christmas and have still yet to hear anything. Should I be worried? Is it too soon to contact the University?

ReputationRep:
    How did you find numeracy? Was it similar tothe practice tests? Mine is on tuesday and i'm so worried. I've passed literacy already. Congratulations on passing both

(Original post by canadiangirl84)
    Passed both literacy and numeracy skills tests today. Literacy was so hard. I had a 10 paragraph comprehension piece. So glad those are over with.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone accepted an offer from Durham uni and received further information in post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jupecrayon)

Understand that feeling. I'm still waiting for my primary reference from the uni I went to, I understand my old tutor is probably busy but i've been waiting over a month now!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone accepted a PGCE offer for LJMU? I've started a group on Facebook called LJMU PGCE 2016 for everyone to join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiek28)
    How did you find numeracy? Was it similar tothe practice tests? Mine is on tuesday and i'm so worried. I've passed literacy already. Congratulations on passing both
    I actually found it easier than the practice ones. I seemed to have more time to answer the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Omg congrats! I'm going nuts waiting to hear back from mine (was last Friday)
    No news is good news as they say . I do know what you mean though , it's the not knowing that is awful

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my application but couldn't see if there was anywhere to put in that I'd passed the skills tests, is this normal? I put the dates I took them but there was nothing to tick or put in that they've been passed. Seems a bit odd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DynamiteShovel1)
    I've finished my application but couldn't see if there was anywhere to put in that I'd passed the skills tests, is this normal? I put the dates I took them but there was nothing to tick or put in that they've been passed. Seems a bit odd?
    I think the unis can see it online somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.