Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flk10)
    I got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh two weeks ago.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon
    Congratulations! Have you firmed it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiRaffaeli)
    I applied on the 3rd of January and had an offer from Durham lasta week :-)
    Wonderful news! Thank you so much, and congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone off to Oxford Brookes??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here firmed KCL? Put Bristol as my insurance choice.
    My LNAT score was 23 and predicted grades A*A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flk10)
    I got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh two weeks ago.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon
    Thank you and congrats on your offer. Are you home, EU or international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiRaffaeli)
    I'm EU, and although I've had offers from both Durham and KCL, I haven't heard anything yet from Edinburgh or Glasgow... glad to know I'm not the only one...
    I have offers for both, most of the people I know for law have heard from them but we're all Scottish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    Congratulations! Have you firmed it?
    Thanks! I've not firmed it yet, I'm going to go to the offer holders days for everywhere I have offers from before making a final decision.

Have you applied for Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    Thank you and congrats on your offer. Are you home, EU or international student?
    I'm a Scottish student.

Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    i've only ever had one account so I have no clue what you're on about. Why did you take down that pic of your chubby cheeks? You had such a wide grin that made your cheeks puff up. Is that what they call a 'greek cheek'? I did save your picture onto my computer. Let me go have a look and I'll get back to you on that.
    What you're doing is pretty stalkish, don't you think?

I got it off because of silly girls saying I was sexy and whether I wanted to meet up. The reason was thus privacy. It kind of defeats the point when you download it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NR_898)
    "The reference provided at the time of application was from a non-academic email account, which we cannot verify. All references must come from academic email accounts, or where an academic email account is not available, must be provided on school headed paper, and signed by your referee."- This was sent to me by kcl, what do they mean it's from a non-academic email account??
    I would think that something like [email protected] would be an academic email account whereas [email protected] is a non-academic email account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    I have offers for both, most of the people I know for law have heard from them but we're all Scottish
    None of the Scottish people I know who have applied to Edinburgh for Law have heard from them yet.

(Original post by Flk10)
    Thanks! I've not firmed it yet, I'm going to go to the offer holders days for everywhere I have offers from before making a final decision.
    That's a sensible way to go about things.
    Have you applied for Edinburgh?
    Yes. I have 3 unconditionals so far - Aberdeen, Dundee & RGU - & am still waiting on Edinburgh & (somewhat bizarrely) Stirling. Realistically though, my choice is going to be between Aberdeen & Edinburgh - if Edinburgh make me an offer, of course. I got AAAAB last year but just don't know if that is going to be sufficiently competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    I can't say for certain but I think we are in the majority. A wild guess - are you Italian?
    Yeah :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    I'll try not to give up hope then :-)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea how likely Nottingham would be to accept A*AB instead of AAA on results day?

ReputationRep:
    One of my classmates has unconditional to Ed for law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelzz)
    Does anyone have any idea how likely Nottingham would be to accept A*AB instead of AAA on results day?
    Like any other 'how lenient are ....' questions it is impossible to answer this question this side of Results Day - because no-one knows what all the other offer holders at Notts will get the therefore how many 'near misses' they will then accept. Bristol makes it clear in their offers that they will accept A*AB instead - it Notts don't put this in their offer text then you should not assume that they will.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from KCL for Law with French Law? Stressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mon :))
    Anyone got an offer from KCL for Law with French Law? Stressing
    OMG finally, I've not seen ANYONE with an offer for English law and French law. When did you apply? Lnat score? Predicted grades? As grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flossm5)
    OMG finally, I've not seen ANYONE with an offer for English law and French law. When did you apply? Lnat score? Predicted grades? As grades?
    I applied 10th of October
    27 in the LNAT
    I did Scottish highers so I got AAAAAA
    predicted grades : AAA

Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelzz)
    This isn't really relevant to your case, but it may help. I'm applying post A-level for Law with Spanish with 2A*s (in Spanish and English Lit) and a C (Biology). However, this is not the first time I have applied to unis through UCAS... I originally applied to study Modern Languages and had a place lined up at UCL but missed my offer and was brutally rejected on results day. (Ended up going to my back-up Bristol but was miserable and left after a term).

I would say... Don't bank on it: Law at Nottingham is very competitive so I guess they can afford to reject anyone who misses their offer. I speak from experience when I give this advice; I banked on it! Unfortunately for me (as a results day reject), UCL is so competitive and prestigious that they can afford to be harsh and are harsh indeed. I assume it's the same (or similar) with Law at Nottingham.

However, that (stuff about UCL) being said, I called up admissions at Nottingham before I applied (this time round) to check that they would actually consider my application with a below par grade, and they told me that they operate a flexible admissions policy. With that in mind, I suppose the likelihood of them taking you with A*AB instead of AAA all depends on how MUCH they liked you and the other aspects of your application. Obviously it's impossible for you to tell how much they liked you. Which is why you shouldn't get your hopes up.

PS: sorry for the long post... It was a long story

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.