Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Do offers/rejections tend to come by phone/email/GW change tomorrow or is there no pattern, as I assume? (Also assuming rejection is never by phone).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radebe91)
    Am I right in thinking that it's about 9am that most offers will come out?
    Last year I got my email at 9:00am on the dot - must be automated. It was addressed to me and said I had been successful and they were pleased to offer me pupillage. When I telephoned chambers to accept half an hour later (after telling my family first!) they said it had been a mistake. I was supposed to be 'first reserve'. Alas the two offers they made were both accepted, so here I am again. I'm not the only one who has had this experience so, if you get an email, just CHECK that it was sent to the right person before you share the 'good news'!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1stTimer)
    Last year I got my email at 9:00am on the dot - must be automated. It was addressed to me and said I had been successful and they were pleased to offer me pupillage. When I telephoned chambers to accept half an hour later (after telling my family first!) they said it had been a mistake. I was supposed to be 'first reserve'. Alas the two offers they made were both accepted, so here I am again. I'm not the only one who has had this experience so, if you get an email, just CHECK that it was sent to the right person before you share the 'good news'!!
    That is so bad! I'm really sorry that happened as I can't imagine how awful it was! But being first reserve clearly shows you are very very close and it will only be a matter of time!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow, all.

ReputationRep:
    I have this evening received my offer from 15nbs!! There is light at the end of the tunnel, four years of blood, sweat and tears has finally amounted to something! Good luck to everyone who is hoping for good news tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radebe91)
    Am I right in thinking that it's about 9am that most offers will come out?
    Page 36 of the Gateway User Guide explains users have the option to queue up the offer (and reserve) email(s):

Once you have identified which candidates you wish to make offers to you can schedule the offers in advance of the 1 August offer date. This moves the candidates into the Offer (Pending) status and stores the email communication to them until 9am on the 1 August. At this point the email will be sent out and the candidate’s status will update to Offer in their account.
    Others prefer to do it manually later in the day or by phone – very much at the discretion of the set.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Very very best of luck to everyone today. What a rollercoaster it has been. I am only waiting on two now but you never know hey!
    Thanks to everyone for all the support through this process and fingers crossed for us all x

ReputationRep:
    Rejections out from landmark by email

ReputationRep:
    One of my applications has just changed from Second Interview to Under Consideration - does anyone know what this means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalbeagle16)
    One of my applications has just changed from Second Interview to Under Consideration - does anyone know what this means?
    Could mean anything. Chambers will contact you in due course, I imagine. I know that's very frustrating, but Gateway can't be relied upon.

ReputationRep:
    3RB anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we may hear back from 2 New Street?

ReputationRep:
    Just to update: Offers out from 2 harcourt buildings, 2 hare court, and 5kbw. Reserve list out for red lion. Good luck to everyone I hope you've all got what you wanted! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Reserve list out for Atlantic.

ReputationRep:
    Kings rejections out

ReputationRep:
    3TG offers are out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Many congratulations. By phone, email, PG?

(Original post by victorioussecret)
    3TG offers are out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Drystone rejections out

ReputationRep:
    Kenworthys offers out*

ReputationRep:
    Rejections from 3RB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.