Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got PSYA4 with CHEM4 next week?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else not finished revising all 3 of their topics for tomorrow yet? i still have 1 left to revise and im panicking

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else use Eagly and Wood (Biosocial) as the main bulk of an essay on cultural influences on gender role? I am so screwed with this Q I literally have no idea how to answer it and what to use as AO1 and AO2...

ReputationRep:
    I hate that marking is so inconsistent between examiners, it's not fair. It's a gamble whether we get one who likes our essay style.. Last year someone in my class asked for a remark and their grade went up from an E to a B!! They make us learn about inter-rater reliability but don't practice what they preach! :bawling: :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Guys can you help me with this evaluation point for Group Displays please because I don't understand it?

"WAR IS NOT 'IN THEGENES'
    War emerged when early humans shifted from a nomadic existence to a moresettled one where they were tied to agriculture or fishing sites, giving themsomething to defend. It appears, therefore, that warfare emerged as a rationalresponse to a changing lifestyle. Aggressive displays, therefore, are notlikely to be a product of evolution, but a response to environment changes suchas a rising population level and dwindling food supplies (LeBlanc &Register)."

I think this is meant to be against the idea of evolution, right? But isn't the whole point of evolution adapting to your environment? so I don't understand how to use it (I may just leave it out but I don't really have any points against group displays right now other than a couple IDAs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    Yup I'm bricking it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    Guys can you help me with this evaluation point for Group Displays please because I don't understand it?"WAR IS NOT 'IN THEGENES'War emerged when early humans shifted from a nomadic existence to a moresettled one where they were tied to agriculture or fishing sites, giving themsomething to defend. It appears, therefore, that warfare emerged as a rationalresponse to a changing lifestyle. Aggressive displays, therefore, are notlikely to be a product of evolution, but a response to environment changes suchas a rising population level and dwindling food supplies (LeBlanc &Register)."I think this is meant to be against the idea of evolution, right? But isn't the whole point of evolution adapting to your environment? so I don't understand how to use it (I may just leave it out but I don't really have any points against group displays right now other than a couple IDAs)
    The point it's making is that war is too recent a thing to have affected human evolution. BUT you could argue that it is in human nature to engage in fights, and even before the existence of warfare this was important for social status and other factors related to reproductive success. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I've revised everything but still know literally nothing. Help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yung7up)
    me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekah22)
    Does anyone else use Eagly and Wood (Biosocial) as the main bulk of an essay on cultural influences on gender role? I am so screwed with this Q I literally have no idea how to answer it and what to use as AO1 and AO2...
    Are you talking about the biosocial essay or the one on cultural influences on romantic relationships? There is no 'cultural influences on gender roles'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieschofield)
    I feel like I've revised everything but still know literally nothing. Help.
    If you can remember the basic theories, then try just to remember one or two detailed studies for evaluation, not bucketloads, with this you can tons of methodological issues or IDA points, instead of going over loads of studies. You still have time.. Don't panic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B.Vi)
    has anyone else not finished revising all 3 of their topics for tomorrow yet? i still have 1 left to revise and im panicking
    yep, im doing aggression, relationships and eating behaviour and i haven't started aggression yet :/ Its an afternoon exam tho so as long as you work tonight and then get up early and revise you should be okay,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    If you can remember the basic theories, then try just to remember one or two detailed studies for evaluation, not bucketloads, with this you can tons of methodological issues or IDA points, instead of going over loads of studies. You still have time.. Don't panic.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    How is people revising, nothing is going in!

ReputationRep:
    Is it safe to say the 24 markers from last year and the year before cannot possibly come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Are you talking about the biosocial essay or the one on cultural influences on romantic relationships? There is no 'cultural influences on gender roles'
    Its the last section of the gender topic with Mead etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    Is it safe to say the 24 markers from last year and the year before cannot possibly come up?
    The same questions don't tend to show up two years in a row but it may not be the same for the latter, but still, its unlikely considering there are questions that haven't come up in a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olijm)
    How is people revising, nothing is going in!
    story of my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    There is, it is the last spec point and its predicted to come up ! And I'm struggling with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toetothunder)
    This is what I'm counting on otherwise I won't be going to uni next year

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.