Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my last attempt on A* after i flopped f324 if this doesn't go well i'll have no uni to go to.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm098)
    for Q7di) in june 14, why is the standard electrode potential negative? thanks
    yh can someone explain, all I can see is E = E of reduced + E of oxidised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Higher KC means forward reaction is higher than lower KC, so more products, EQ further right.
    what is classed as a high or low kc value? would 0.5 be classed as high because it's greater than 0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    my last attempt on A* after i flopped f324 if this doesn't go well i'll have no uni to go to.......
    How did you flop F324?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    How did you flop F324?
    got trans fats, use of nylon and dissolvable stitches wrong...... i should have think more in this paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcameron)
    what is classed as a high or low kc value? would 0.5 be classed as high because it's greater than 0?
    What the book usually talks about is less than 1, 1 or greater than 1.

Think of kc as a fraction, products on top, reactants on the bottom. If Kc is 1 both are equal. If Kc is more than 1 than the products are higher than reactants. If kc is 0 then products are low.

ReputationRep:
    got trans fats, use of nylon and dissolvable stitches wrong...... i should have think more in this paper
    Just be optimistic, you've probably done better than you've thought

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you've probably made fewer mistakes than most. Don't dwell on it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any other questions to share, I am so behind and I don't have time to do like every single past paper, so like difficult questions anyone? Anything?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any other questions to share, I am so behind and I don't have time to do like every single past paper, so like difficult questions anyone? Anything?
    If you're looking for a tough titration question try question 8 on January 2013.

ReputationRep:
    I can just feel this exam is going to be an utter shambles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsConnor_)
    Ohh thanks so much

(typo in my initial question, meant 2mol X with 3mol Cr)
    Weird how if you inverse the the molar ratios you get Manganese 54.9 (incorrect) instead of the correct answer Magnesium 24.3. OCR putting in their greatest efforts to convince students they have the right answer when it's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezexamsalltheway)
    HI , guys how many of the transition metal aqueous ion colours do we actually need to know. all of them? thought i should better start my revision now :P rip
    The main ones are:
    Fe2+ (green),
    Fe3+ (yellow),
    Cu2+ (pale blue)
    Co2+ (pink)

Maybe these, but less likely:
    Ni2+ (green)
    Mn2+ (pale pink)
    Cr3+ (green)
    Cr (VI) (orange)
    V2+ (violet)

yh can someone explain, all I can see is E = E of reduced + E of oxidised.
    It doesn't say that the aluminium cell is positive or negative. However, since aluminium is being oxidised, you can assume that it is more negative than the oxygen cell

ReputationRep:
    would we ever get a buffers question with a dipropic acid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    Weird how if you inverse the the molar ratios you get Manganese 54.9 (incorrect) instead of the correct answer Magnesium 24.3. OCR putting in their greatest efforts to convince students they have the right answer when it's wrong.
    So the actual answer was Magnesium but Manganese?

Can you explain what to do with the ratio

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're gonna do any I'd suggest Jan 2013 and Jan 2011 - they were pretty difficult ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HasanAlam)
    The main ones are:
    Fe2+ (green),
    Fe3+ (yellow),
    Cu2+ (pale blue)
    Co2+ (pink)

Maybe these, but less likely:
    Ni2+ (green)
    Mn2+ (pale pink)
    Cr3+ (green)
    Cr (VI) (orange)
    V2+ (violet)
    Thanks but holy potato. Memory banks ... prepare your self!

ReputationRep:
    In terms of buffers... I am so used to explaining addition of acid/alkali in terms of increasing H+ or OH- which leads to an increase in amount of H2O formed or decrease in amount of H+. Will I always get away with this type of explanation? Sometimes the mark scheme explains them in terms of the actual acid e.g. CH3COOH, and CH3COO-. I mean I don't really get the difference. Any help will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Higher KC means forward reaction is higher than lower KC, so more products, EQ further right.
    Kc<1 means eq. lies to left, vice versa right?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.