Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Avoiding being beaten on penalties

ReputationRep:
    I don't have to watch it!

I don't mind watching it but I feel compelled, and I just don't care, that's 2 hours a week of my life saved! Oh, and hopefully all the matches will be relegated to BBC 3/4 so we'll still have some decent TV to distract us from the horror of BB.

ReputationRep:
    I'd still prefer if we were in it

ReputationRep:
    Because I hate football and wouldn't even notice if they were in it anyway

ReputationRep:
    Tenuous reasons why 2008 is really exactly the same as 1966.

ReputationRep:
    Not having to experience gob****es who don't follow football but appear every time England get to a tournament. You know the ones - no footballing knowledge but make up for it with their 'mad' outfits like red and white wigs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ground out)
    1. No idiots walking around saying "stevie g" "lamps" "JT" "becks"

2. NO England car flags or people waving England underpants above their head

3.Idiot pundits not telling us England team is "world class" before one of them falls flat on his arse while trying to kick a ball 12 yards.

4. no daft songs about EngERRRRland

5. women offering their views on the diamond/christmas tree formations.

6 THe inevitable failure of the England team followed by the hunt for a scapegoat(usually a ref/linesman) by the gutter tabloid press.

add your own
    the fact that we don't have to listen to people like you say 'i told you so' if we do lose....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    Not having to experience gob****es who don't follow football but appear every time England get to a tournament. You know the ones - no footballing knowledge but make up for it with their 'mad' outfits like red and white wigs.

i know exactly who you mean!

ReputationRep:
    Don't have to listen to GEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAARRRRRR RRRDDDDDD.... crosses the ball

More enjoyable to watch as I can just watch the football instead of be fearful everytime the opponent gets at England.

Also does anyone else find that advert for Euro 08 were they go around asking Brits who they'll be supporting really embarrassing?

ReputationRep:
    Embarrasing for them, as they only seem to support a team in Euro 2008 because of one player.... :rofl:

God luck tonight, im sure it will be a tough game, especially with the ugliest footballer in the world playing - Yorke..

ReputationRep:
    Jason Scotland!

ReputationRep:
    James, Johnson, Woodgate, Ferdinand, Bridge, Beckham, Gerrard, Barry, Downing, Defoe, Ashton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ground out)
    1. No idiots walking around saying "stevie g" "lamps" "JT" "becks"

2. NO England car flags or people waving England underpants above their head

3.Idiot pundits not telling us England team is "world class" before one of them falls flat on his arse while trying to kick a ball 12 yards.

4. no daft songs about EngERRRRland

5. women offering their views on the diamond/christmas tree formations.

6 THe inevitable failure of the England team followed by the hunt for a scapegoat(usually a ref/linesman) by the gutter tabloid press.

add your own
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    James, Johnson, Woodgate, Ferdinand, Bridge, Beckham, Gerrard, Barry, Downing, Defoe, Ashton.
    At last. Could be interesting, playing off Defoe, just hope he makes the most of it.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, well happy to see Downing in there as well, and I've always preferred Bridge to Cole.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    With that setup you've got quite a few natural (or those that prefer to) crossers, so maybe we'll be able to mix it up playing to both feet and whipping in the odd ball for Ashton to latch on to.

Just as long as we dominate and don't embarrass ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    So glad Ashton has got through this week uninjured deserves his chance I think.

ReputationRep:
    Downing, cant wait

ReputationRep:
    Is this just a PR stunt to try and get Jack Warner to like England?

ReputationRep:
    No Motson!? :cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.