(Original post by Scorpio2211)
    Peverell address is:
    Room [Block, Flat, Number]
    Peverell Halls,
    Clifton Campus
    Clifton
    Nottingham
    NG11 8NS

You'll have a key to your own post box in the Peverell offices when you pick up your keys on your first day- though bar in mind it's a flat post box, and parcels will be picked up by the Peverell offices- and there will be a list of parcels up in the office.
    Which will be my address? This:

Block M, Flat 07, Room 46
    Peverell Halls
    Clifton Campus
    Clifton
    Nottingham
    NG11 8NS

OR THIS

Room M, 07, 46
    Peverell Halls
    Clifton Campus
    Clifton
    Nottingham
    NG11 8NS

OR have I got it completely wrong?

Our own post box? That's pretty sweet haha! Nice, sorry for being a pest, I just like to be organised as to what I am doing! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Which will be my address? This:

Block M, Flat 07, Room 46
    Peverell Halls
    Clifton Campus
    Clifton
    Nottingham
    NG11 8NS

OR THIS

Room M, 07, 46
    Peverell Halls
    Clifton Campus
    Clifton
    Nottingham
    NG11 8NS

OR have I got it completely wrong?

Our own post box? That's pretty sweet haha! Nice, sorry for being a pest, I just like to be organised as to what I am doing! lol.
    You can write it either way as it will still get there, but its Block M, Flat 074, Room 6. for the second one just write it without the commas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    You can write it either way as it will still get there, but its Block M, Flat 074, Room 6. for the second one just write it without the commas.
    Thanks for that!! I've had family members asking me what my address is going to be and I've been like ermmmm no idea dudes! lol!

Also can set up emails now

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that!! I've had family members asking me what my address is going to be and I've been like ermmmm no idea dudes! lol!

Also can set up emails now
    When it comes to changing address with banks and things especially regards to student banking, they go by the postcode and so peverell and your particular block etc will not show up on this usually. So you will have to get them to input it manually into the system. You also just miss out having the corner room in your flat as in flat 74 the corner room is room 1.

ReputationRep:
    ok, well I'm going to sort out a student bank account soon so I'll have my address to give them now also, I've looked at different banks online and what they offer but I still dunno what to go for lol!

ReputationRep:
    ok, well I'm going to sort out a student bank account soon so I'll have my address to give them now also, I've looked at different banks online and what they offer but I still dunno what to go for lol!
    what bank are you with at the minute?

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Lloyds TSB

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Lloyds TSB
    Lloyds usually has a decent student bank account, plus there's a branch of it 10 minutes walk away from campus in the middle of clifton's high street, and another in west bridgford then in the city centre so plenty of branches.

Looking at it you get an interest free £1500 overdraft,and a free nus extra card plus the chance to get a credit card from them. But maybe look around if you want something else as other banks give you up to £2000 overdraft as a student interest free. shop about just visit various banks and say your looking at student accounts, and want to find one which is best for you. they should at least offer that option before you make your mind up.

I went with the same bank i've had for years at barclays, and just went for the easier option than messing about with someone new but take a look and see what you can get.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm going to look online and make a top 3 of what banks I think will be best, and then go and talk to them in the week in town or week after... how does this sound?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm going to look online and make a top 3 of what banks I think will be best, and then go and talk to them in the week in town or week after... how does this sound?
    Good plan, looking at natwest online they don't offer the railcard anymore and will only give you a £1000 overdraft in first year when others give you more. Look at how close the banks are to the university as well, may need that when it comes to an emergency. hsbc has a branch right on campus although it does have funny opening hours.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Think I might keep lloyds on my list... they'll still offer me an NUS Extra card right?

And also, I want to keep my current account I have with them too, is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Think I might keep lloyds on my list... they'll still offer me an NUS Extra card right?

And also, I want to keep my current account I have with them too, is that possible?
    My bank switched my current account over to the student account, so I ended up keeping the same account details. You can keep the current account as it is or just switch it to a student account with same details like sort code etc. You can still get the extra card as you will have the student account to qualify for that, student card acts as nus card but some places only accept the nus extra card which you pay for usually.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! All sorted nearly, excited isn't the word lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raguman)
    I did this, but didn't check till about 5 past 7, got up at 6, went to the shop and spent £4 on Newspapers (as I wasn't sure which newspaper had all the clearing shiz in - this was just in case) circled a few interesting courses then I got onto track, received good news, then realized I received an email and 5:47 saying i'm in ! I've had probably one hour of sleep today because of worry!
    haha, much less sleep than me. Got 3hours. Mum got me up at 7.

I blame UCAS, mates got on the track at like 7, I waited until 8 when they said they would open, then couldn't get on until 2 at my mates. Telegraph had all the clearing places, Asked my mum to get me it, she was about to leave too when I told her I got in.

And Natwest don't do a railcard anymore? Only reason I opened a account with them in the first place, to get a railcard when I go Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what start date do I put in student finance for NTU?

Fresher's starts on 23rd September but the course (Psychology) starts on the 1st October. Do I put down 23rd?

Thanks. Btw sorry for the irrelevant post, I didn't want to start a new thread just for this lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troberts22)
    haha, much less sleep than me. Got 3hours. Mum got me up at 7.

I blame UCAS, mates got on the track at like 7, I waited until 8 when they said they would open, then couldn't get on until 2 at my mates. Telegraph had all the clearing places, Asked my mum to get me it, she was about to leave too when I told her I got in.

And Natwest don't do a railcard anymore? Only reason I opened a account with them in the first place, to get a railcard when I go Uni.
    According to natwest student account page they don't do it as an extra anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    According to natwest student account page they don't do it as an extra anymore
    Natwest do still do the rail card, you just have to already have a current account with them. I'm with them and you've just got to apply for one once you've uprgaded your account to a student one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihaines93)
    Natwest do still do the rail card, you just have to already have a current account with them. I'm with them and you've just got to apply for one once you've uprgaded your account to a student one
    that might be why its not advertised then, as most went for natwest because of the railcard even when they weren't with natwest before. It doesn't matter to me anyway as I don't need a student account anymore, but I know it was an advantage for some people to bank with them.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that is lucky for me then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troberts22)
    Ah, that is lucky for me then.
    Hopefully you have your normal account with them already and not planning on switching, if your making a lot of journeys back home and all around the country for various things then its useful to have. I've saved a fortune with mine the las few years, and bonus was I got it paid for for me. How sad i'll be in october when it goes!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.