Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy! Let me know when you've got it so I can delete this before the copyright faeries come by...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    x
    I love you. Thank you so much! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    After being convinced Barts was it, and signing the acceptance letter and everything, Imperial offered me a place :woo: I don't like choices!!! So, Biomedical Engineering vs Surgery & Anaesthesia...?

(Original post by lekky)
    if you have properly blonde hair (not just a ****load of highlights) you need to pre-dye it. best to go to a hairdresser
    Ah. I'm blonde only through natural highlights. Gonna persuade my hairdresser friend to do it for free :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    After being convinced Barts was it, and signing the acceptance letter and everything, Imperial offered me a place :woo: I don't like choices!!! So, Biomedical Engineering vs Surgery & Anaesthesia...?

Ah. I'm blonde only through natural highlights. Gonna persuade my hairdresser friend to do it for free :tongue:
    Obviously Surgery & Anaesthesia!

I should have been a hairdresser really

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! Wasn't there only five external places allocated for that course too!? :eek:

The choice is yours. Go with your gut instincts I'd say! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Congrats! Wasn't there only five external places allocated for that course too!? :eek:

The choice is yours. Go with your gut instincts I'd say! :p:
    Apparently so! And 55 applicants last year - maybe that scared everyone off this year and I had no competition? :tongue: Problem is I don't have a gut instinct cos the aim was simply a London iBSc, I wasn't convinced I'd get any offers nevermind two, and I have no ties to either Barts or Impy :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently so! And 55 applicants last year - maybe that scared everyone off this year and I had no competition? :tongue: Problem is I don't have a gut instinct cos the aim was simply a London iBSc, I wasn't convinced I'd get any offers nevermind two, and I have no ties to either Barts or Impy :dontknow:
    Have a think about what you want to gain from your year away from medicine. If you want a year of learning a completely different field of medicine, I'd say go for biomedical engineering. However, there's no doubt doing surgery and anaesthesia will be beneficial in the long-run - it may perhaps strengthen any application you make should you wish to pursue that career path. Also, think about the area, costs and living expenses!

ReputationRep:
    Any English people know how much the student finance people are going to give me on monday? non-means tested
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Becca Sarah - the Surg/Anaesth at Imperial is pretty much what it says on the tin - lots of anaesthesia in it - if that's what you want then grand. But if you're looking for a purely surgical thing you won't get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Any English people know how much the student finance people are going to give me on monday? non-means tested
    thanks
    do we get money on monday? you made my day! my account is plunging down the minuses at the moment

if that's the case, then they'll give you all that's left of the amount you requested intially for this year, because the Easter payment is the last installment.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaz_197)
    do we get money on monday? you made my day! my account is plunging down the minuses at the moment

if that's the case, then they'll give you all that's left of the amount you requested intially for this year, because the Easter payment is the last installment.
    AFAIK the date is dependent on you and your term dates. I don't get my last installment until the 16th May :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Becca Sarah - the Surg/Anaesth at Imperial is pretty much what it says on the tin - lots of anaesthesia in it - if that's what you want then grand. But if you're looking for a purely surgical thing you won't get what you want.
    Ah, thanks. I spoke to a few students who'd done it at a conference recently, and the impression I got from them was that it was fairly general surgery based. I feel so much more sympathetic to all the pre-freshers trying to pick between medical schools now - I've visited both uni's, looked round the local areas, and still don't have a definite preference! Might be a coin flip decision...

ReputationRep:

I start back on the 18th, depends when your term starts

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks. I spoke to a few students who'd done it at a conference recently, and the impression I got from them was that it was fairly general surgery based. I feel so much more sympathetic to all the pre-freshers trying to pick between medical schools now - I've visited both uni's, looked round the local areas, and still don't have a definite preference! Might be a coin flip decision...
    It's not a bad idea because it tells you what you really want

e.g. if you get barts and feel relieved, you know to go there
    if you get barts and feel a bit gutted, you know not to

ReputationRep:
    i tried to lock mhyself out of this site until after exams by changing my password to something I "wouldn't remember"
    but I remembered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    i tried to lock mhyself out of this site until after exams by changing my password to something I "wouldn't remember"
    but I remembered
    Are you doing work at 3.30 in the morning? Thats hardcore.
    I might aswell not get my student loan.
    Day i get it - 4 months house rent, tuition fees, gas and electric bill go out!
    Im dreading this NHS bursary next year. I dont think im going to survive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    I start back on the 18th, depends when your term starts
    I see.. well lol at my life because we STILL haven't broken up for Easter!

ReputationRep:
    I've had food poisoning all weekend , just about recovering now...thank you Loperimide.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I see.. well lol at my life because we STILL haven't broken up for Easter!
    :eek:
    I thought it was bad that I've only just broken up, but ouch!

ReputationRep:
    Back in Wales albeit minus my desktop. Alas, I have my netbook.

Only to discover I'm about 5-10 FPS shy of a playable CSS. Time to tweak into the early hours of the morning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.