Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I'm personally maintaining that it's the Doctor speaking to the

Spoiler:
Show
Kidnapped

Amy through Clone Amy. Psychic link or whatever. Though that sounds more 'out there'. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to say he will get and find her when she's right there in front of him.

But giving her away is another possibility which makes sense. :holmes:

I wonder what would ever make him give her away freely.
Spoiler:
Show
It would be a situation where not giving her away will result in immediate death, but giving her and then regrouping could possibly work. Something like that.

They do have a time machine after all, but messing with the timeline could be disastrous :awesome:
hayheyley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Insanespana)
Come to think of it... (not sure if this needs a spolier or not, but just to be careful...)

Spoiler:
Show
Karen Gillan was speaking about having a "double" on confidential, who looked nothing like her. I assumed that she was speaking of a stunt double or something, but now with the theories of clones...
Wasn't this just about her stunt double in the pirates episode? Or was there another mention that I've forgotten?
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest, from a quick stalk of her Wikipedia page it doesn't look like she's done much other work that would require a stunt double. Did she even have any stunts in the pirate episode, I can't remember.

SPOOOOILER (Although possibly not true!)

Spoiler:
Show
I also read something earlier about River Song being Amy's daughter? It would explain that photo of her with the baby in the orphanage... I have no idea how that would work in any sort of timeline, though... but dialogue was apparently captured by someone who'd seen the filming, and RS was calling her 'mother'.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jeh_jeh)
To be honest, from a quick stalk of her Wikipedia page it doesn't look like she's done much other work that would require a stunt double. Did she even have any stunts in the pirate episode, I can't remember.

SPOOOOILER (Although possibly not true!)

Spoiler:
Show
I also read something earlier about River Song being Amy's daughter? It would explain that photo of her with the baby in the orphanage... I have no idea how that would work in any sort of timeline, though... but dialogue was apparently captured by someone who'd seen the filming, and RS was calling her 'mother'.
I'll never believe that part in the spoiler, even if it is presented clearly in the episode with giant subititles on
hayheyley
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jeh_jeh)
She had a stunt double for when she was supposed to swing on a rope in the fight scene.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hayheyley)
She had a stunt double for when she was supposed to swing on a rope in the fight scene.
No she did that herself.

She had a stunt double for when the siren blasted her backwards.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I need to catch up on DWC :moon:
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She had a stunt double when she slept with Rory.

BOOM.
hayheyley
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
No she did that herself.

She had a stunt double for when the siren blasted her backwards.
Whoops, somehow I knew I'd get that wrong if I didn't check (and yet I was still too lazy)
doctorwho_freak
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Found it! :smug: Look at what he says and does here. Episode 6/7 spoiler phobes don't click. :awesome: 0:46 onwards.

I don't mind theories or speculation being wrong. Speculation will always be wild and seeing things that aren't meant to be patterns. It's just the fact that we all get together and speculate - it's pretty awesome. :moon:
why is she smiling?? Is she a ganger who feels happy because of the doctor's attention?? meh....:confused:
Insanespana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hayheyley)
Wasn't this just about her stunt double in the pirates episode? Or was there another mention that I've forgotten?
But Karen describes the double as been really tanned and I didn't think that double really was? Not sure, it just seemed the way she was speaking about the doppelgangers as doubles as if she'd had her own version. Pure speculation though...
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OH! Figured it out.

Spoiler:
Show
The Amy in the trailer is an image from another dimension similar to the enemy in the Pirates episode
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
OH! Figured it out.

Spoiler:
Show
The Amy in the trailer is an image from another dimension similar to the enemy in the Pirates episode
That would bring in the Pirate episode nicely with the mirrors and the like. However the siren wasn't just an image really was she?
Bella Occhi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
When the doctor asks to see the critical systems and the foreman asks which one, the doctor replies "You know which one"

Does he know which one, or was he bluffing? :holmes:
I assumed it was that he knew something was going on but not what, so was just bluffing his way in to find out.

On a random side note, I've forgotten... did we find out why Amy forgot about the existence of the Daleks? Was it just because they were sucked into a crack or something?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bella Occhi)
I assumed it was that he knew something was going on but not what, so was just bluffing his way in to find out.

On a random side note, I've forgotten... did we find out why Amy forgot about the existence of the Daleks? Was it just because they were sucked into a crack or something?
I don't think it was ever mentioned, but I think it was assumed to be due to the cracks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
hayheyley
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But Karen describes the double as been really tanned and I didn't think that double really was? Not sure, it just seemed the way she was speaking about the doppelgangers as doubles as if she'd had her own version. Pure speculation though...
Oh right, I don't remember that bit. Interesting... :hmmm:
skipp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't like yesterday's episode as much as other recent ones, hoping the 2nd half will be better :sadnod:

That's less speculation & more opinion...but oh well :mmm: didn't really pay that much attention to yesterday's episode to be honest
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She also said that they "stuck a ginger wig on her [the stunt double]" because the viewer only saw the back of her. And I remember the special effects people in Confidential mentioning how in a few shots they shot the gangers from behind and used doubles to save on all the complicated camera shot things (that I don't really understand) that they'd explained earlier in the programme.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
That would bring in the Pirate episode nicely with the mirrors and the like. However the siren wasn't just an image really was she?
You're right. Maybe she travels through the dimension straight after.
HereBeDragons
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
I don't think it was ever mentioned, but I think it was assumed to be due to the cracks.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
But she could remember the angels. Interesting...

How do you know that she's definitely forgotten them, anyway? Must have missed that bit :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads