Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derekluong)
    Hi there, me too. I dunno but on another thread, i saw one person applying to LSE for History and got rejected alto she had strongest-email. Look weirdo. Anyway, let hope for offers for us.
    I got that four week email from LSE for economics and was then rejected, so its not a guaranteed offer. From what I can deduce, it's just the pool of candidates who aren't quite strong enough for an immediate offer but who they want to hold on to to compare with other applicants of similar quality.
    It seems they place an unusual amount of emphasis on the personal statement when making their decision, and aren't interested in the extracurriculars. I feel I could have got an offer if I knew how to do my personal statement the LSE way, but I didn't .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerald131)
    I got that four week email from LSE for economics and was then rejected, so its not a guaranteed offer. From what I can deduce, it's just the pool of candidates who aren't quite strong enough for an immediate offer but who they want to hold on to to compare with other applicants of similar quality.
    It seems they place an unusual amount of emphasis on the personal statement when making their decision, and aren't interested in the extracurriculars. I feel I could have got an offer if I knew how to do my personal statement the LSE way, but I didn't .
    Thanks a lot. when did u get that email? and when u get the decision? i dunno wat they look for in PS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerald131)
    And did they give you the reason why they reject u?

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else still waiting on nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derekluong)
    i dunno wat they look for in PS?
    It's on their website... http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...nomics.aspx#Q3

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off in October yet I still haven't heard from Bristol or Exeter. I don't think I'd be too upset if they didn't give me an offer, as I think I'm going to firm Nottingham but it'd be nice to actually know and also to stop getting anxious every time I get a new email haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is best for straight economics Leeds, Birmingham, Exeter and Edinbrugh? I have recieved offers for all but Edinburgh and they all require AAA and I can't decide which to pick as my firm (or insurance if I get warwick!!) ???

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, what are all of you guys hoping to do with your Economics degrees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisjokes)
    Just out of interest, what are all of you guys hoping to do with your Economics degrees?
    Work my way up to the Governor of the Bank of England.

We can all dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexrosebrown)
    Where is best for straight economics Leeds, Birmingham, Exeter and Edinbrugh? I have recieved offers for all but Edinburgh and they all require AAA and I can't decide which to pick as my firm (or insurance if I get warwick!!) ???
    Enclosed is the answer.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    Enclosed is the answer.
    I did think Exeter might be the answer but just needed it confirming, those stats are great, I'm hoping I will like the atmosphere at the offer holder day this week!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get the 'we are still considering your application' from Bristol about 4 days ago? they have had my application since the beginning of October. Also has anyone heard anything from UCL as well about the next offer holder day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisjokes)
    Use it as toilet paper during my Wolf of Wall Street lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    Just got invited to an Open Day for UCL Econ :P, did anyone else get one too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Just logged onto my email in record time and found nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    Just logged onto my email in record time and found nothing
    Well the open day's in March so I'm sure they've got plenty of time to send out more invites later on this week/month.

ReputationRep:
    Well the open day's in March so I'm sure they've got plenty of time to send out more invites later on this week/month.
    Ah thats a little reassuring.

Although I think this is the last one so if I don't hear after a couple more weeks I think it'll be a rejection

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runjennyrun17)
    Yeah me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done, I'm happy for you

ReputationRep:
    Why can't UCL just give me a decision I've waited too long

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.