Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    That was us in the first sessions
    0 progress made! Future looks bright for us *rolls eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd also add my school gets hardly anyone into Cambridge. I can only think of 1 person during the time I've been there. They have more success with Oxford.

(Original post by C0balt)
    0 progress made! Future looks bright for us *rolls eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'I.simply.haven't.got.the.time.t o.read.a.book' is what my face is saying when my tutor asks how far I am with reading I've got to get a move on though, for my own good

(Original post by antisansculotte)
    I'd also add my school gets hardly anyone into Cambridge. I can only think of 1 person during the time I've been there. They have more success with Oxford.
    Same with my college, there's always more Oxford offer-holders than Cambridge, makes me think Oxford is easier to get into :lol:

ReputationRep:
    'I.simply.haven't.got.the.time.t o.read.a.book' is what my face is saying when my tutor asks how far I am with reading I've got to get a move on though, for my own good
    Yeah the thing Is I've got plenty of time on the bus or sth but I'm so tired when I'm on it that I just kinda close my eyes with music
    I should be reading and not TSR tbh but pfft we get a lot of info here don't we!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same I am the third person to get an offer ever and only one in my year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same with my college, there's always more Oxford offer-holders than Cambridge, makes me think Oxford is easier to get into :lol:
    I think Oxford is easier to get into for science based courses however I think it is harder to get into for literary courses. I may be wrong about this though

(Original post by C0balt)
    Yeah the thing Is I've got plenty of time on the bus or sth but I'm so tired when I'm on it that I just kinda close my eyes with music
    I should be reading and not TSR tbh but pfft we get a lot of info here don't we!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll admit that TSR is my biggest distraction its so addictive! But its amazingly helpful, and helps me get to know people with similar interests

(Original post by SophieBarlow87)
    I think Oxford is easier to get into for science based courses however I think it is harder to get into for literary courses. I may be wrong about this though
    Might be true because Cambridge is better than Oxford for the sciences, while Oxford is better for the arts

ReputationRep:
    No one got into oxford either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might be true because Cambridge is better than Oxford for the sciences, while Oxford is better for the arts
    I think that's mostly a stereotype. Personally I think Cambridge's history course seems way better (Oxford don't go back as far).

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    No one got into oxford either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you the only one with an offer from Oxbridge in your year? That's amazing

I think that's mostly a stereotype. Personally I think Cambridge's history course seems way better (Oxford don't go back as far).
    I'm just referring to the league tables

ReputationRep:
    Are you the only one with an offer from Oxbridge in your year? That's amazing
    Yeh my best mate got rejected. Hes going engineering at imperial anyway so I am happy for him anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh my best mate got rejected. Hes going engineering at imperial anyway so I am happy for him anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, Imperial is a great place, my biology tutor went there :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Imperial is a great place, my biology tutor went there :eek:
    Allt of pressure as if i miss my offer it will be like devastating for my school. Especially with Maths being the hardest subject to meet offers for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Allt of pressure as if i miss my offer it will be like devastating for my school. Especially with Maths being the hardest subject to meet offers for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you'll be okay, just keep working hard be proud that you have an offer! Many don't even get so far (highly likely that I'll be one of those next year )

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did your offer require the top grade in step 2 and 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be okay, just keep working hard be proud that you have an offer! Many don't even get so far (highly likely that I'll be one of those next year )
    I got a D in chemistry and got in. Anything can happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a D in chemistry and got in. Anything can happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you do 4 AS Levels?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.