Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aly418)
    Thanks. I'm applying for the Deloitte scholar scheme and went to an EY insight event the other day but alas they don't do gap year schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Deloitte scholar scheme is hard to get into but it'll defo look good on your PS or CV. I got to the group interview stage and it was solid cos a lot of the other candidates there were your stereotypical posh boarding school educated, pony riding kids who'd been thoroughly prepared for the group interview. IBM also have a gap year scheme but I'm pretty sure their deadline has passed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone waiting to hear from economics at edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Ooh what are you thinking of firming and insuring?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not entirely sure, but durham will probably feature and I have to wait to hear back from my others but I'm really not sure aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollypeta)
    Anyone waiting to hear from economics at edinburgh?
    meee, i applied in november!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer from QMUL, but have been rejected from LSE and am still waiting on UCL, and it looks increasingly likely that I will get rejected from there too. I have been predicted A*A*A- do you think it would be worth taking a gap year if I do get rejected from UCL- if so what would you recommend doing through the year- would doing nothing really worthwhile count against me when I reapplied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPD96)
    I've got an offer from QMUL, but have been rejected from LSE and am still waiting on UCL, and it looks increasingly likely that I will get rejected from there too. I have been predicted A*A*A- do you think it would be worth taking a gap year if I do get rejected from UCL- if so what would you recommend doing through the year- would doing nothing really worthwhile count against me when I reapplied?
    No not really, as long as you had strong A2 grades.
    What other unis have you applied to - don't give up yet, I'm fairly sure UCL have quite a few more offers to give out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    The Deloitte scholar scheme is hard to get into but it'll defo look good on your PS or CV. I got to the group interview stage and it was solid cos a lot of the other candidates there were your stereotypical posh boarding school educated, pony riding kids who'd been thoroughly prepared for the group interview. IBM also have a gap year scheme but I'm pretty sure their deadline has passed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied to that scheme too! What happened at the group interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiara97)
    meee, i applied in november!!
    are you a scottish student? i applied on the 3rd of December and have heard nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndhala)
    I applied to that scheme too! What happened at the group interview?
    We just had to do an activity where an imaginary business had to advertise itself and we had to convince others to select a certain form of media to do it through. There were like 7 of us but the posh kids were so good at talking over everyone and I'm sure they received training from their schools looool

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have an A*AB, do you think I'll get an offer from LSE. I have a good enough PS I think but not sure and a #104 rank (overall) on Spoink.co . What do you think, will I get in ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesDennis98)
    Hey guys, I have an A*AB, do you think I'll get an offer from LSE. I have a good enough PS I think but not sure and a #104 rank (overall) on Spoink.co . What do you think, will I get in ?
    Is that your prediction or actual grades?
    If you've applied for straight economics at LSE I'd say it's doubtful because you don't meet their requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Is that your prediction or actual grades?
    If you've applied for straight economics at LSE I'd say it's doubtful because you don't meet their requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well who knows the guy might get an offer but we are not the admission tutors.They are pretty unpredictable.
    P.S It's pretty hard to get an offer for straight Economics from LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Well who knows the guy might get an offer but we are not the admission tutors.They are pretty unpredictable.
    Yup true it just seems unlikely if he doesn't meet their entry requirements though especially considering the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollypeta)
    are you a scottish student? i applied on the 3rd of December and have heard nothing
    No international

ReputationRep:
    If these are actually your grades you might have a shot. I looked u up on Spoink.co but I couldn't find you in the rankings, are you sure you have a #104 rank on it, seems suspicious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Yeah that's true but I mean it helps you get a better idea of competition. Helps a bit with the stress haha.
    What's your Spoink.co rank haha ? (I am so insecure)

ReputationRep:
    What's spoink?

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit too low for LSE I'm afraid . Lack of Further Maths, grades/predictions below minimum aren't going to go down well. Most LSE Econ offer holders have 3/4 A* predictions to put things into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    What's spoink?
    First think I heard about it too.

Turns out it's a website that ranks some uni applications with others and gives you a success rate.
    Quite addictive haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JankiSimmons)
    First think I heard about it too.

Turns out it's a website that ranks some uni applications with others and gives you a success rate.
    Quite addictive haha!
    Lmao you'd think they could've chosen a name which didn't sound so awkwardly similar to you know 😂. Don't really see the point in such a website tbh, how would they know what LSE or UCL want in a candidate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.