The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dylann
I was the only one with mad working out on the back page when the invigilators collected the papers in. Everyone else must have got the answer quickly or given up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

gotta go fast
Original post by mbcns
omg i'm so stupid, thank you

Dont worry we all make mistakes :smile:
I thought that was a pretty standard paper. The second part of question 8 is the only one I feel I've definitely lost a couple of marks on.

It was a LOT better than C3!
is there an unofficial mark scheme up yet?
Would you lose a mark for simplifying the ln(2) thing incorrectly after writing the actual answer? :smile:
Reply 3065
Original post by varshanct95
you know for question 2) does it matter if the dy/dx is 3y-2x/8y-3x ?

You could get 3y-2x/-8y-3x or 2x-3y/8y+3x.
Did anyone else get mind ****ed by the last question? Or was that just me...

I just didn't understand whether the volume of a cone was being integrated, or if it was the integral of the curve - area of the PQ triangle...
Original post by Razzamataz179
i cry for you
did they not let you take step first, id have thought that would be the priority :frown:

I wanted to do STEP first as well, because I didn't want to be worn out already for it. :frown: But I had to do French because others from my school were sitting it, so apparently they could've 'told me the questions' even though I had a teacher with me all day, no means of communicating, and about 15 minutes in-between the two exams...
I think over my other exams i got around 350UMS, leaving me to get 130 in c3&4 to get an A, do you think about 55 marks in each will be sufficient?
for the time question in the biological population thing, does it matter if used degrees, cos people said it should be in radians?
Reply 3070
Well I somehow got 8.78 for the shortest distance in the vector question... Used tan of 31.82 and the length of AB, don't know how that could go wrong...
Original post by cerlohee
Would you lose a mark for simplifying the ln(2) thing incorrectly after writing the actual answer? :smile:

Nope, they ignore working after the correct answer's been written when they mark it.
Reply 3072
Original post by joanneeve
no but i also got the wrong answer and im not sure why or how because i did 3^2x=1/ln3 3^2x

I'm sorry, but the mathematics are incorrect;

(3x)2=(32)x[br]ax=1ln(a)ax (3^x)^2 = (3^2)^x[br]\int_{}^{}a^x = \frac{1}{ln(a)}a^x

This means that:

9x=1ln(9)9x \int_{}^{} 9^x = \frac{1}{ln(9)}9^x
Original post by nbofni
Did anyone else get mind ****ed by the last question? Or was that just me...

I just didn't understand whether the volume of a cone was being integrated, or if it was the integral of the curve - area of the PQ triangle...

It was π x the integral of the (curve squared) - volume of the PQPx cone
Original post by Mishy96
Vector question.. Anyone get 60 something degrees.. Originally get 119.. Then minus that from 180?

I think I got that
Original post by Igooo
Well I somehow got 8.78 for the shortest distance in the vector question... Used tan of 31.82 and the length of AB, don't know how that could go wrong...

wasn't it sin(31.82) though?
Original post by Ohwhenwilson
I think over my other exams i got around 350UMS, leaving me to get 130 in c3&4 to get an A, do you think about 55 marks in each will be sufficient?

Definately
Are everyone else's invigilators flat noisy slobs too?
Can someone that works in a school please post the paper!
Original post by jonnycope7
for the time question in the biological population thing, does it matter if used degrees, cos people said it should be in radians?

it has to be radians, it is calculus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending