Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    Your average has been higher than the cut off every year (except for the year when DM had heavily inflated scores, but that's hopefully irrelevant), so you should be fine for Newcastle

If you're really worried, wait until the final statistics for the UKCAT come out in early October to make final decisions
    Thank you so much pal. Really appreciate it. Best of you luck to you in your endeavours 👍🏾😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    They tell you what is right and wrong but you don't receive an actual score. That's for you to calculate on your own!
    Thank you ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    also does anyone know last years cut off scores for Leicester, Nottingham and Newcastle. I can't find them anywhere!
    Newcastle cut offs

A100
    2011 – 2670
    2012 – 2660
    2013 – 2780
    2014 – 2980
    2015 - 2300
    2016 – 2730

A101
    2011 – 2810
    2012 – 2810
    2013 – 2900
    2014 – 3070
    2015 - 2910
    2016 - 2880

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What universities are not UKCAT heavy? (not bmat), Also what universities accept people with band 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xJessScott)
    Newcastle cut offs

A100
    2011 – 2670
    2012 – 2660
    2013 – 2780
    2014 – 2980
    2015 - 2300
    2016 – 2730

A101
    2011 – 2810
    2012 – 2810
    2013 – 2900
    2014 – 3070
    2015 - 2910
    2016 - 2880

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I did mine yesterday and I got 680 AVG
    VR: 590 (horrific ik) AR: 650 QR: 800 SJ: band 1
    I'm kinda disappointed I did so well in AR at home and I really wanted >700
    So many people did so well this year I feel like I won't be able to apply to uni's like Kings??

Also do unis look at individual sections?

ReputationRep:
    Just did my second mock with modify, and got 590 (540 in 1st mock) but my VR was lower, any good tips I'm currently just reading the question then reading the whole passage and then answering all 4 questions.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did medify mock 3 and got:
    630 VR
    750 QR
    750 AR
    SJ Band 2
    Avg. 710
    How representitive is this of the real test, hoping to get this score or above in the real test, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, test is on the 1st and I'm super worried:eek::eek:
    I bought the 1000 questions book but now I'm out of QR practise, keep getting awful scores and because of personal/family reasons can't afford to shell out for online resources . Does anyone have a medify login they don't mind sharing cos that would help me out so much xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello there I've been practising my UKCAT on medify and also using books, I'm pretty good at all the other sections except verbal reasoning. I'm not confident on it at all and I haven't seen any improvements. What can I do? Reading books was never a thing for me except reading studying materials. Need some tips and advice on this please as my exam is in two weeks time! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sububzi)
    Guys I did mine yesterday and I got 680 AVG
    VR: 590 (horrific ik) AR: 650 QR: 800 SJ: band 1
    I'm kinda disappointed I did so well in AR at home and I really wanted >700
    So many people did so well this year I feel like I won't be able to apply to uni's like Kings??

Also do unis look at individual sections?
    What are your GCSEs like? If you've got 8A*s or more you should be in with a good chance anyways. If not, try and tick everything in their criteria list which is on their website!

ReputationRep:
    a question for those using MEDIFY
    Ive been completing practice on medify with time limits, and my average percentage for all the sections is about 50%
    is this score as abysmal as I think it is?
    300+(600*0.50)= 600
    what percentages have you guys been getting on the medify sections overall on the view progress section,, and have you been doing them without time limits or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentist1999)
    a question for those using MEDIFY
    Ive been completing practice on medify with time limits, and my average percentage for all the sections is about 50%
    is this score as abysmal as I think it is?
    300+(600*0.50)= 600
    what percentages have you guys been getting on the medify sections overall on the view progress section,, and have you been doing them without time limits or not?
    I've been doing them without time limits but I've been doing them as fast as I can, when I did the mocks I found time not to be too pressured, I average around 70% without time limits and got 710 average on the mocks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i really need some help. Sat my ukcat today and got an average of 660 which was below last years Glasgow cut off. As I am a Scottish student, I only really want to apply to Scottish medical schools and really need some advice.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone not dreading this exam btw?

ReputationRep:
    Is medify free?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Is medify free?
    I paid £30 for a week but after that it's like £5 extra per week

ReputationRep:
    Should I buy this year's edition of the 1000Q book when I already have last year's?
    Is there any difference to this year's edition from last year's

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone - quick question to those who have done the exam, are the passages in verbal reasoning longer than the ones on medify? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterMJP)
    Should I buy this year's edition of the 1000Q book when I already have last year's?
    Is there any difference to this year's edition from last year's
    i would recommend it yes, quite a large proportion of the QR and VR sections are the same, but there are new sections this year such as SJT and also the AR is a bit different in the new book

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.