Hmmmm
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by good mermington)
hahah cresswell.

i'm thinking JOBERTS in. nah listen Laursen's out for a couple of weeks at least so I think I'm shipping him out. Does anyone know if the Ferdinand back injury is serious? Will he play on Sunday?
You may reconsider that after MotD

I can't wait for Man City's transfer policy in January. Should throw the fantasy football up in the air.
Ronaldo VII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hahah cresswell.

i'm thinking JOBERTS in. nah listen Laursen's out for a couple of weeks at least so I think I'm shipping him out. Does anyone know if the Ferdinand back injury is serious? Will he play on Sunday?
Couple of weeks should mean he'll only miss one Premier League game due to FA Cup next week? I'll probably just sub him, my free transfer this week was to ship Geovanni out.
good mermington
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Couple of weeks should mean he'll only miss one Premier League game due to FA Cup next week? I'll probably just sub him, my free transfer this week was to ship Geovanni out.
yeah fair enough. I may just do Laursen for O'Shea or some such nonsense

I was joking about Joberts I heard about his horror miss :/
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I knew you had more sense :yep:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?

O'Neill says 4 weeks, which is a bit different. Villa's fixtures in the next month seem fairly comfortable so I'll probably swap for another Villa defender.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
67 this week! Looking good in all my leagues.

How does this sound in preparation for Gameweek 20 and 21 (bearing in mind Utd play twice then?):
John O'Shea in for Arbeloa
Geovanni out for Valencia

Valencia has two games in 21, and Geovanni is up against Villa, Everton and Arsenal.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
O'Shea probably wont play both games in week 21, might not play either as Evra is back. Could move to RB but it's unlikely. O'Shea should play against Boro but anything after that is uncertain.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hope Heskey is sold be4 gameweek 21, so Camara will play.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
O'Shea probably wont play both games in week 21, might not play either as Evra is back. Could move to RB but it's unlikely. O'Shea should play against Boro but anything after that is uncertain.
Ah, cheers. If I had 0.1 more I could get Vidic, who is the only certain Man Utd defender, I think?
lfc4life
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whats Evans chances of playing 2 out of the next 3 united games? Could be a big bargain but can't be bothered if he's only going to play once.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stu Laverty)
Ah, cheers. If I had 0.1 more I could get Vidic, who is the only certain Man Utd defender, I think?
Until Chelsea he is.

We'll probably play Rafael/Evans/Vidic/O'Shea against Boro and then Neville/Rio/Vidic/Evra against Chelsea. O'Shea will probably be on the bench for a while after Boro with the latter 3 starting the majority.

Evans will probably only play against Boro and in the two cups with Rio/Vidic playing against Chelsea and Wigan and thereafter. The Wigan game will be rearranged if either United (Soton) or Wigan (Spurs) draw and force a replay in the FA Cup. Better not happen as I've got tickets for it
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any confirmed news on Arbeloa?
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
Any confirmed news on Arbeloa?
Nothing confimed but rumours suggest he'll be out for a couple of weeks.

Is anyone preparing for United's possible double gameweek? Not sure who to bring in for Arbeloa and Anelka as United's team changes in both defence and attack, especially considering the suspensions and injuries atm.

Am tempted to go with Berba and Evans but could be a bad move?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ive bought in Vidic at the back, Ronaldo is already in the team.. Think ill bring in Valencia for someone like Young/Kuyt. Not sure if i should try and bring in another player or 2 though..
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Flirted with the idea of getting Ronaldo in but it means having a :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: defender and :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: striker alongside him, when I like to have a decent bench.

Therefore ended up taking Anelka out, replacing him with Drogba and captaining him. May be a mistake as Fulham away will be a tough game but we will see.

Next week Ronaldo might come in before his double gameweek. Will have to take out Arbeloa, Arteta and Drogba and replace them with with :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: like Fuller and McShane but could be worth it in the long run.
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Flirted with the idea of getting Ronaldo in but it means having a :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: defender and :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: striker alongside him, when I like to have a decent bench.

Therefore ended up taking Anelka out, replacing him with Drogba and captaining him. May be a mistake as Fulham away will be a tough game but we will see.

Next week Ronaldo might come in before his double gameweek. Will have to take out Arbeloa, Arteta and Drogba and replace them with with :santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2: like Fuller and McShane but could be worth it in the long run.
You confuse me friend.

Firstly the bench players shouldn't really be all that expensive - After all, points on the bench are useless, they should just be people who will get you 2 points and more if you're lucky really.

Also - You took Anelka out but kept Arbeloa in? That's money wasted right there. I wouldn't bring in McShane if I were you.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah it could be at least two weeks until Arbeloa's back. That's why I got rid of him and put Agger in. Once Arbeloa's back, I'm hoping Skrtel will be back to full fitness, and he's pretty much guaranteed a first team position. He's dirt cheap too.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gah im stumped on who i want for captain..
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Transfers for this week:

Arbeloa OUT - Corluka IN
Anelka OUT - Drogba IN
Sidibie OUT - Cole IN
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (207)
40.19%
No - but I will (31)
6.02%
No - I don't want to (35)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (242)
46.99%

Watched Threads