Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izoar)
    the eco dpt could have made some offers last friday. It could that will appear suddenly today...
    I am hoping for that as well..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvcj)
    ooo good luck it's horrible waiting but trust me, if the news is good, its well worth the wait!
    yerh my ucas was sent 14th october.
    mine was sent on 14th of October tooXD very true indeed that "if the news is good, its worth the wait". i will wait patiently(trying to not continue my obsessive checking of track)... hope that i will get an offer from them!!!

ReputationRep:
    nothing. yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvcj)
    ooo good luck it's horrible waiting but trust me, if the news is good, its well worth the wait!
    yerh my ucas was sent 14th october.
    my point exactly. I really want to call out loudly "well worth the wait", provided that I got an offer from LSE and hopefully most of us and I will. Perseverance will definitely pay off I am fully aware that the wait is killing all of us, and am one of those who are desperate to get an offer from LSE, but there's nothing we can do, except crossing our fingers

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same boat as you kim. Really need that lse econ phil offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvcj)
    nope not at all worried! in some ways i think id almost prefer to go to lse
    is this totally mad or does anyone else feel the same?
    Yes I've got an offer from LSE and was interview at Oxford, will definately be choosing LSE over Oxford...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by measle7)
    Yes I've got an offer from LSE and was interview at Oxford, will definately be choosing LSE over Oxford...
    wow its rly good to hear that other ppl feel like me too. i thought i was being crazy! wat course are u applying for?

and y r u gonna choose lse over oxford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvcj)
    wow its rly good to hear that other ppl feel like me too. i thought i was being crazy! wat course are u applying for?

and y r u gonna choose lse over oxford?
    I would probably choose LSE over Cambridge --- but I doubt I'll actually have to ever make that decision! Perhaps for postgrad

ReputationRep:
    For economics:
    Cambridge> LSE> UCL > Warwick > Oxford > Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izoar)
    For economics:
    I would agree in some extent
    but for graduated prospectus I will say LSE > Cam

ReputationRep:
    what about durham? i thought it was above bristol?

ReputationRep:
    For maths and economics

Warwick (MORSE or M and E) > LSE > UCL > Bristol > Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RageC)
    For maths and economics

Warwick (MORSE or M and E) > LSE > UCL > Bristol > Nottingham
    Disagree--- out of UCL, LSE, and Warwick (having already received Warwick and UCL offers), I'd put Warwick last. But maybe thats just me, I couldn't stand Warwick. Perhaps they're slightly stronger academically, it's difficult to tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Disagree--- out of UCL, LSE, and Warwick (having already received Warwick and UCL offers), I'd put Warwick last. But maybe thats just me, I couldn't stand Warwick. Perhaps they're slightly stronger academically, it's difficult to tell.

Warwick is the best at maths
    UCL and LSE, although good at economics, their maths departments suck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RageC)
    Warwick is the best at maths
    UCL and LSE, although good at economics, their maths departments suck

Hmm I don't know, possibly. Hated Warwick tho! Damn it, now this is making the decision so much harder

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if i'm allowed to change one of my unis. Ive applied on the 15th of October and i have gotten 3 offers out of 5 but i don't want to go to Durham anymore and i want to substitute it for another course at UCL. Durham haven't replied yet. Am i allowed to do that? if yes, then how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahadayem)
    Does anyone know if i'm allowed to change one of my unis. Ive applied on the 15th of October and i have gotten 3 offers out of 5 but i don't want to go to Durham anymore and i want to substitute it for another course at UCL. Durham haven't replied yet. Am i allowed to do that? if yes, then how?
    You're about 7 weeks too late. There's only a two week windows to switch unis/courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izoar)
    For economics:
    Uh, i don't think so!

Put Oxford at the beginning!

And as for the whole oxbridge lse thing, i would choose Oxford without a shadow of a doubt, lets hope i get to make that decision though!:p:

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for M100 Law, nothing as of yet; I've heard they will reply quite late, so I'm not expecting much until January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    I would probably choose LSE over Cambridge --- but I doubt I'll actually have to ever make that decision! Perhaps for postgrad
    :ditto:

And to Amar09 and all the other Oxford applicants, I don't think you can really compare Economics & Management directly with Economics. If the question is which university is better at Economics, then in my humble opinion it would be Cambridge - the course is far more mathematical and rigorous.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.