Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I'm get so confused by all these Additional Maths courses that people have took but noone on here seems to have taken AQA Level 2 Certificate in Further Maths.I should easily have gotten an A^ after going through the answers with my teacher.
    How did you find each paper? I thought Paper 2 was slightly harder than Paper 1. I think I've done well in f.maths (hopefully A^) but I haven't been able to talk to anyone about how the exams went as I was the only candidate from my school... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please someone tell me that the A level grade boundaries are much higher than the GCSE grade boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't even want to look at the A level boundaries and I'm not getting any A level results. Scareddddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany96)
    Please someone tell me that the A level grade boundaries are much higher than the GCSE grade boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends, i thought some of the A Level boundaries were quite low, but there were some high ones too, didn't check them all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    An A* in GCSE Maths and a B/C in Additional Maths, that doesn't look great.
    Not as fantastic as an A in GCSE maths and a U in add maths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    CCEA Additional Maths ftw. :cool:
    we love CCEA :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Depends, i thought some of the A Level boundaries were quite low, but there were some high ones too, didn't check them all...
    I agree that some are especially sociology which does make me feel a bit better but i have to say some are certainly not!!! I got 72.5/80 in graphics and 74/80 in photography which my teacher told me is borderline a/a* but if our grade boundaries are like the a level ones I will be lucky to even get an A! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliss)
    I don't even want to look at the A level boundaries and I'm not getting any A level results. Scareddddd
    You do right I'm just pretty stupid looking at A level grade boundaries, I did it to see how reasonable or harsh the exam boards are this year.Oh me too..scared doesn't even cover half haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    we love CCEA :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most underrated exam board! Everyone was going on about OCR and AQA Add.Maths I thought I'd join in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany96)
    I agree that some are especially sociology which does make me feel a bit better but i have to say some are certainly not!!! I got 72.5/80 in graphics and 74/80 in photography which my teacher told me is borderline a/a* but if our grade boundaries are like the a level ones I will be lucky to even get an A! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah true, but I'm sure you'll be fine, I've not seen or heard that grade boundaries for GCSE get too high, not too much above the guideline 90,80,70%'s etc anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Most underrated exam board! Everyone was going on about OCR and AQA Add.Maths I thought I'd join in.
    Haha, definitely! I wonder how the CCEA spec compares to OCR and AQA..are they like roughly the same thing or are there big differences?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Yeah true, but I'm sure you'll be fine, I've not seen or heard that grade boundaries for GCSE get too high, not too much above the guideline 90,80,70%'s etc anyway!
    Oh I hope so, I really do! I look too much into it but I can't help it hahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, definitely! I wonder how the CCEA spec compares to OCR and AQA..are they like roughly the same thing or are there big differences?
    OCR certainly looks a bit harder.

ReputationRep:
    Going on a DofE practice expedition for three days :yucky: Not looking forward to it!
    aww lol dont worry you'll enjoy the experience

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've definitely got a U in Add. Maths. Ah well.

I dreamt I got my actual results last night. I think I got 3 A*s, 5 As, 3 Bs, a D and an F! However, it turns out that I had results for subjects such as Drama (which I don't do and I got the D), "Buttermere" (which isn't a really subject of course), "A History of Apple" (which I got an F in despite the fact that I would pass such an exam with flying colours) and... "Hiddleston." Yes, I can only assume I dreamt that one up because I was watching the Thor 2 trailer yesterday!

Most of the subjects I actually did weren't there but my brain tricked me into thinking they were real at first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the following?

OCR 21st Century Physics
    """""""""""""""""""""""" Chemistry
    """""""""""""""""""""""" Biology
    OCR Latin
    OCR RS/Philosophy and Ethics (The exam I did was B603)
    Edexcel Maths 1ma0
    Edexcel Geography A
    Edexcel ICT
    AQA English Literature
    AQA English Language
    AQA Spanish
    AQA Citizenship
    AQA Food Technology
    AQA German

xxx

ReputationRep:
    What time were GCSE grade boundaries released last year??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radhikagulati)
    Anyone do the following?

OCR 21st Century Physics
    """""""""""""""""""""""" Chemistry
    """""""""""""""""""""""" Biology
    OCR Latin
    OCR RS/Philosophy and Ethics (The exam I did was B603)
    Edexcel Maths 1ma0
    Edexcel Geography A
    Edexcel ICT
    AQA English Literature
    AQA English Language
    AQA Spanish
    AQA Citizenship
    AQA Food Technology
    AQA German

xxx
    i did physics,chemistry and biology ocr 21st century
    what did you get for coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghost_rebel)
    What time were GCSE grade boundaries released last year??
    Midnight on the day before results are released, so this year it should be midnight on the 21st August. Having said that, boards like WJEC tend to just be ad-hoc, whenever they wake up or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD223)
    Midnight on the day before results are released, so this year it should be midnight on the 21st August. Having said that, boards like WJEC tend to just be ad-hoc, whenever they wake up or whatever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.