The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KirstBarlow
English literature B - AQA & Sociology AQA. Crapping myself for English, I want to studying it in University. Also, if I don't at least get a C in both subjects then I get kicked off them - yay added pressure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also terrified about English Lit :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamJHill
Anyone wanna come over mine Wednesday night for horrors and pizza?

What pizza? Has to be chicken and pineapple for me plus onions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3082
Original post by Arva
Do tell! :teeth:

If you haven't seen the 2012 soc thread yet

'He' and I are now kinda, sorta together :love:
Reply 3083
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Whyyy? Everyone loves Physics :wink:. Keeping it :smile:

Why??? Maybe because I completely failed the first exam! Haha :smile: Yeah, I really enjoyed the lessons, but because the people made it fun not the subject :smile:
Any Bristol firmers?
Original post by thers
Same I think I've got the A covered because I only need 32/100 UMS in either FP2 or FP3 (I took more modules than required) which is usually about 25-30 raw marks. Don't think I got the A* though because in FP2 I ran out of time so lost 10-15 raw marks in that. FP3 however was a disaster though - I completely messed up the differential equations and the maclaurins series question was a nightmare. Was getting 90%+ in all the past papers though - must have been the exam pressure which doesn't go very well with FP3. Probably lost about 20-30 raw marks in it. Grade boundaries are never below 90% for an A* in FP3 anyway so I've got no chance. Maybe I should have done FP4 instead.

As for maths A level I've definitely got an A* secured because I did C3 and C4 in Jan. Hoping for A's in my other subjects. (biology and chemistry).

Yeah, I messed up C4 with silly mistakes. Didnt change calculator to radian -.- and vectors last few parts. I hope grade boundaries for C4 is low. It has been low for 3-4 years so hope it will be the same this year. I need 82UMS for A* in Maths. Econ, I need 47/120UMS for an A so thats done. Just need the A* in normal Maths and I got my A*AA for Bath! FP3, without that silly mistake, I would have only lost 5-8 marks on the last question but with it, I think 15-20 marks so A* gone. FP2 and FP3 grade boundaries are always high. I cant get A in Chemistry anymore cuz I got 0UMS in ISA(When I got 57%??) but definitely a B

Good luck with your results man :smile:
Reply 3086
Original post by Silcce
Yeah, but its JUNIOR! Surely you believe in your ability to do better than junior o.O

Hahaha, well his head is bigger than mine after all? :wink:
Reply 3087
Original post by lilGem
If you haven't seen the 2012 soc thread yet

'He' and I are now kinda, sorta together :love:

It's about bloody time! :awesome:

:hugs:
Original post by ve_1995
Ah I know! I didn't have time to read through my essays at the end of the exam so I probably made loads of mistakes or repeated myself without realising. I get so panicky in exams because of the time limit :/

Well exam panic always makes you go faster, which english lit area did you do?
Original post by smithstefan1995
What time does it go on there?

Track will fully go live at 8 am. So I guess that's when.
Reply 3090
Original post by smithstefan1995
I dont know? I dont know how it works or what they put on their website, can you explain?

At 8am on results day, track should be updated with your universities decision based upon your grades.

So in the morning, it wouldn't hurt to check. So that you won't have to worry about what you've actually achieved, since you'll already be in.

Good luck by the way, you'll be fine.
Original post by bunny96
Why??? Maybe because I completely failed the first exam! Haha :smile: Yeah, I really enjoyed the lessons, but because the people made it fun not the subject :smile:

You might not have done as well as you wanted but you didn't fail it surely :smile:. The Unit 2 stuff was really good, Unit 1 was just mostly calculations...
Reply 3092
Original post by Arva
It's about bloody time! :awesome:

Haha, I pretty much convinced myself we would never happen so I'm in a state of shock now :colondollar: that said when we were texting last night he was definitely a lot sweeter than normal :love: so it shouldn't be that surprising. . .in theory

Reply 3093
Original post by ryanboi
Yeah, I messed up C4 with silly mistakes. Didnt change calculator to radian -.- and vectors last few parts. I hope grade boundaries for C4 is low. It has been low for 3-4 years so hope it will be the same this year. I need 82UMS for A* in Maths. Econ, I need 47/120UMS for an A so thats done. Just need the A* in normal Maths and I got my A*AA for Bath! FP3, without that silly mistake, I would have only lost 5-8 marks on the last question but with it, I think 15-20 marks so A* gone. FP2 and FP3 grade boundaries are always high. I cant get A in Chemistry anymore cuz I got 0UMS in ISA(When I got 57%??) but definitely a B

Good luck with your results man :smile:

Yea C4 was a killer. Honestly not expecting much from it, but hopefully grade boundaries are low, as you said.
Reply 3094
Original post by KatriIvory
I'm waiting for History and psychology too! Which history topics did you do?

We did two history topics: The Reformation in Europe and American Civil rights. The exam board was OCR. What about you? :smile:
Original post by kevloui
At 8am on results day, track should be updated with your universities decision based upon your grades.

So in the morning, it wouldn't hurt to check. So that you won't have to worry about what you've actually achieved, since you'll already be in.

Good luck by the way, you'll be fine.

Well my college's results come out at half 8, I'll be on a train on the way to college early which is annoying, haha I need AAA I can't think that I'll be fine! :/ Thanks though :smile: you too!
Original post by Chloe_P
So scared I won't get full UMS in all my maths modules :cry2:

I hope you get 99s and 98s :wink:
Reply 3097
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You might not have done as well as you wanted but you didn't fail it surely :smile:. The Unit 2 stuff was really good, Unit 1 was just mostly calculations...

I guess so :/ I actually preferred the calculations in unit one, I hated unit two because it was mostly electricity which I hate :s-smilie: Waves was good though :smile:
Original post by ve_1995
We did two history topics: The Reformation in Europe and American Civil rights. The exam board was OCR. What about you? :smile:

Ahh we did AQA, Tsarist Russia and Anti-Semitism, Hitler and the German People
Reply 3099
Original post by Tom_green_day
Well exam panic always makes you go faster, which english lit area did you do?

Haha yes, I wrote so much! We had a question on Frankenstein and a question on one of Yeats' poems (we'd studied 14 of his poems and in the exam there was a question on one of the 14, but you also had to make links to his other poems). What about you? :smile:

Latest