Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

:laugh: can't lie this thread does come up with the most bull**** in the football forums.
    Lol this thread isn't that bad
    :laugh: it's only when a certain few people (they know who they are) start posting out of their asses that it just gets ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    I never knew that pogba was a winger? :facepalm2:
    When did I say that pogba was a winger?

Plus I have repeatedly said that we would never get these players but there's no harm in talking about them is there? Like you don't discuss players that have been linked with chelsea. If we don't do this discussion, what's the point of this internet forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    :laugh: it's only when a certain few people (they know who they are) start posting out of their asses that it just gets ridiculous
    Are you talking about me?

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    No ones saying we will get them, just seeing how they would fit in.
    Why not have Messi and Ronaldo in that list then? Thats how unrealistic those names are. Don't make the Daily Fail make you think otherwise. We will spend big this summer and it will define our next few seasons but we will never buy Rooney..sorry to disappoint

ReputationRep:
    No offence(although it is going to be offensive) but this thread is the laughing stock of the football forums. I hope the guy saying chamberlain and walcott up front was trolling. :lol:

But still, I'd like to see pogba, fabregas, jovetic, higuain, villa, lamela, benzema, adler come into the team. Think it's pretty likely to happen.

In all seriousness though, what are some of the posters smoking I really want some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    yeh but is he more promising than players like goetze and hazard?
    Most promising young CM. I should have made it more clear. I would still say he is one of the most promising players. Gotze, Hazard and Reus are up there too.

ReputationRep:
    No offence(although it is going to be offensive) but this thread is the laughing stock of the football forums. I hope the guy saying chamberlain and walcott up front was trolling. :lol:

But still, I'd like to see pogba, fabregas, jovetic, higuain, villa, lamela, benzema, adler come into the team. Think it's pretty likely to happen.

In all seriousness though, what are some of the posters smoking I really want some.
    Pretty sure he meant using jovetic as a false nine with chamberlain and walcott as wingers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Why not have Messi and Ronaldo in that list then? Thats how unrealistic those names are. Don't make the Daily Fail make you think otherwise. We will spend big this summer and it will define our next few seasons but we will never buy Rooney..sorry to disappoint
    :facepalm:

No-one said we will buy any of these players and you're saying messi and ronaldo are as realistic to pogba, lamela?

ReputationRep:

The real problem is that the Arsenal thread attracts the most people who like to talk out their ass. It's just ridiculous at times. By the way, that guy meant Walcott and Chamberlain as wingers with Jovetic up front, which is not completely unrealistic tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    When did I say that pogba was a winger?

Plus I have repeatedly said that we would never get these players but there's no harm in talking about them is there? Like you don't discuss players that have been linked with chelsea. If we don't do this discussion, what's the point of this internet forum?
    You said pogba is top 5 mentioning wingers/AM's like hazard and goetze. You compare them with players in their position, I can just compare martin montoya with oscar while I'm at it...

Considering the fact that most of the people have been discussing players you are very unlikely to get. I might as well go onto the everton thread and tell them that robben will help them on the wings and they should get victor valdes to provide competition for tim howard.

That's how ridiculous your things sound.
    Personally I see one big signing, either on loan or a transfer for 20 so million, a couple of mini signings like grenier etc. who can fill in for the future and are cheap. Take it this way, if you're spending over 20 million for players, you're going to have to break the wage structure pretty badly, there may be a few willing to take a wage cut or are on low wages anyway(jovetic e.g) but bar that you're talking getting numerous players on 100k a week.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger BUY BACK FABREGAS!!

ReputationRep:
    Silly season this bad in May, by August this thread might have imploded.

ReputationRep:
    You said pogba is top 5 mentioning wingers/AM's like hazard and goetze. You compare them with players in their position, I can just compare martin montoya with oscar while I'm at it...

Considering the fact that most of the people have been discussing players you are very unlikely to get. I might as well go onto the everton thread and tell them that robben will help them on the wings and they should get victor valdes to provide competition for tim howard.

That's how ridiculous your things sound.
    Personally I see one big signing, either on loan or a transfer for 20 so million, a couple of mini signings like grenier etc. who can fill in for the future and are cheap. Take it this way, if you're spending over 20 million for players, you're going to have to break the wage structure pretty badly, there may be a few willing to take a wage cut or are on low wages anyway(jovetic e.g) but bar that you're talking getting numerous players on 100k a week.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    The real problem is that the Arsenal thread attracts the most people who like to talk out their ass. It's just ridiculous at times. By the way, that guy meant Walcott and Chamberlain as wingers with Jovetic up front, which is not completely unrealistic tbh.
    Fair enough, he did also say pogba, potentially fabregas and potentially higuain/jovetic. I see one of the 3 happening, it's clearly not the first two. Higuain could happen considering his poor season but he's really not who you need.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

No-one said we will buy any of these players and you're saying messi and ronaldo are as realistic to pogba, lamela?
    Yes, unrealistic in the sense that the odds of us landing them are little to non-existent. Im not talking about their price-tags but I don't think either will ever move to Arsenal. So why discuss these players when there is so much more that can be talked about?

ReputationRep:
    :lol:
    In fact I'm gonna go and tell the people on the everton thread to go get them.

ReputationRep:
    In fact I'm gonna go and tell the people on the everton thread to go get them.
    There's an Everton thread ? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    So why discuss these players when there is so much more that can be talked about?
    It is a forum for discussion.

What should we talk about then, Mr Dictator?

(Yeah I'm being nice by adding the tator! Little TBBT humour there! :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    There's an Everton thread ? :lolwut:
    Yeah, it's pretty peripheral and non existant like the manchester city thread. Guess it was booming a little with the moyes to united but besides that it's competing with least existent thread, sad since I like everton, but I guess thats what happens when your trophy drought is on the level of nottingham forest...

ReputationRep:
    Guys stop talking about buying Lamela and Jovetic and start talking about buying Etherington and Shane Long.

Realistic expectations, come on :beard:. Aim low.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.