Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chowkat)
    17 feb but I happen to have another medical interview on that day so I'll have to reschedule it
    Congrats on the interview! I'm an international and I'm still waiting do you mind me asking what your ukcat is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    Yayyy congrats! I know you've been waiting ages for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Teehee, thank you very much!!! Fingers crossed you'll get called soon too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Have you guys got Kings as your first choice? I know league tables don't matter too much but I'm still concerned about the lowly position of Kings'. Also the huge student intake is not ideal. So unsure about what my first choice is. Ofcourse id be delighted to get in anywhere though.
    I am a little worried about the really low scores on feedback and help...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulgrad14)
    I am a little worried about the really low scores on feedback and help...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm a bit worried but that's the only thing that's pushing it down, you've got to remember that feedback is easily corrected and if kings shoots up next year and you rejected it because of that you'd feel really stupid! I'm a big believer in forget the league tables!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VigneshSB)
    Aw so sorrry buddy! Was it after interview? And also, was it via ucas?
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Sorry to hear that Is it pre or post interview?
    Thanks Its pre interview... just frustrates me how I didn't even get a chance to try... and yep it was via ucas and their website (KCL's track came first)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhizor)
    Exactly the same situation, had mine on the 3rd too.
    that's reassuring to hear. can you let me know when you hear back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gog101)
    that's reassuring to hear. can you let me know when you hear back?
    Will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    I'm a bit worried but that's the only thing that's pushing it down, you've got to remember that feedback is easily corrected and if kings shoots up next year and you rejected it because of that you'd feel really stupid! I'm a big believer in forget the league tables!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe that too! Hope the feedback/help issue gets sorted out ASAP. Kings has all the resources, fantastic campus, great location, hospitals etc etc but just some reviews I've heard from students I know saying they get little help.

Hope this improves next year for us (if we get in)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franngu)
    Congrats on the interview! I'm an international and I'm still waiting do you mind me asking what your ukcat is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    787.5 band 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever received any sort of decision/message from King's at the weekend?
    Literally can't stop myself from checking the portal constantly, even though I'm sure they probably don't work weekends

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if I would have a chance for King's with this:
    GCSEs: 4A*s, 8As, 1B (short course), C in add maths FCMQ
    AS level predictions: AAAA
    Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week wrk experience at a hospital.
    Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of Kirklees Youth Symphony Orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G Menon)
    Hi, I'm in year 12 now and I was wondering if I would have a chance for King's with this:
    Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week wrk experience at a hospital.
    Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of Kirklees Youth Symphony Orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh
    Kings are extremely A* GCSE heavy, it may not be the wisest choice, if you want London Bart's or UCL may be a better option due to the A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just smash the UKCAT and you will get an interview. I recommend taking it in the summer between Year 12 and Year 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelycup7)
    Has anyone ever received any sort of decision/message from King's at the weekend?
    Literally can't stop myself from checking the portal constantly, even though I'm sure they probably don't work weekends
    I'm exactly the same.. hoping beyond hope aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    Kings are extremely A* GCSE heavy, it may not be the wisest choice, if you want London Bart's or UCL may be a better option due to the A*s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh ok thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I got exactly those GCSEs apart from the FSMQ where I got a B. I am also applying for medicine and recently had a interview with kings college. I don't think those grades will let you down too much if you can ace your UKCAT and write a great personal statement. Just work hard to get the As you're predicted for AS as well and you will do great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS Miz)
    Hi

I got exactly those GCSEs apart from the FSMQ where I got a B. I am also applying for medicine and recently had a interview with kings college. I don't think those grades will let you down too much if you can ace your UKCAT and write a great personal statement. Just work hard to get the As you're predicted for AS as well and you will do great.
    Oh ok great what did you get for your UKCAT and what were your AS grades?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok great what did you get for your UKCAT and what were your AS grades?
    UKCAT was 737.5 and AS were

Chemistry : A
    Maths : A
    Physics : A
    Biology : B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS Miz)
    UKCAT was 737.5 and AS were

Chemistry : A
    Maths : A
    Physics : A
    Biology : B
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much
    No prob. Any other questions, just ask.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.