Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    Do whatever you think will suit you best. I'm planning on doing something similar to the first idea. I'm going to sort out all my work at home (leaving my folders at home too), and I'm going to take one smaller folder to college (with 4 plastic wallets - might take one or two more incase I have extra sheets for something else) to put in all the work I recieve/paper I use up that day.

At home I'll have my four folders I mentioned earlier, and lots of plastic wallets for each unit or whatever.

At least, that's my plan. I doubt it will still be in action after the first two weeks.
    Great thanks! What A levels are you doing if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A calculator was on my list, but I just found my trusty Casio FX83GT under my bed. <3
    I have the same one!:grin: It's never let me down Just thought i'd share an image of it's magnificent beauty :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Goodnight everyone, I'm off. Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to joining in again soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YanaIguana)
    Hello! I'm discovering this myself and have been practicing with different genres (only planning so far, only had the time to write one short story). I love to use my imaginations, so definitely a genre that tests this. I am particularly looking towards writing children's (7-12 years) novels or fantasy novels.

The short story I wrote recently was for children and thoroughly enjoyed writing it. It was about a young boy who lived in the city and couldn't see the stars because of the artificial lights, so ventured to the moon by building his own rocket to see a clear sky. That was the basis of it anyway, I also added a few friendly aliens. xD

I would love to continue talking with you but I'm extremely tired. Hopefully we can continue this tomorrow.
    Experimenting is great fun! I've tried writing quite a few different genres, I just tend to end up adding fantasy elements even when I try not to... fantasy and mythology fascinates me, I also love to use my imagination and I just find those genres are the best for expressing that in. Ahh, children's stories, that's awesome I tend to write for slightly older audiences, low teens mainly, but I'd love to try writing for a younger audience at some point. I'm particularly bad at planning though... I tend to just write and see where the story goes, which is sometimes great but sometimes really confusing!

That sounds like an incredible story! I love the idea, and I bet your target demographic would as well. I would love to read it at some point, if you were happy with that. A few friendly aliens are always a good addition to a story!

I'm writing more fanfiction than original stuff at the moment (I must get out of that habit) but I'm currently tossing a few ideas around about a mythology-based story centred around angels. I need to develop my characters more before I start anything though.

Of course we can continue this tomorrow! I should probably also be going to bed really... the internet is far too addictive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    x
    Is your name inspired by me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Hmm wonder why they changed it.. do you still have free periods?
    They're called study periods where we have to work and do homework and **** we get put in a classroom I think with other people and a teacher watching us. Feels a bit forced if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aminaa124)
    Great thanks! What A levels are you doing if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maths, German, Psychology and Sociology. Yourself?

(Original post by sr234)
    I have the same one!:grin: It's never let me down Just thought i'd share an image of it's magnificent beauty :giggle:
    Everyone has that calculator.
    But that's a good thing of course, it's a pretty damn good calculator! It just does everything it needs to do.

ReputationRep:

But that's a good thing of course, it's a pretty damn good calculator! It just does everything it needs to do.
    Yay someone else doing sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Haha well in that case, excuse my blondness
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    They're called study periods where we have to work and do homework and **** we get put in a classroom I think with other people and a teacher watching us. Feels a bit forced if you ask me.
    That's intense! Must be a pretty good sixth form! However i like to complete my homework/revision at home, so would get pretty demotivated if I was forced and spied on by the teachers on my free's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Is your name inspired by me.
    It's lovely to meet you! I heard a lot about you while you were gone, I was accused by several people of being you in disguise haha! No, in real life I have the nickname FailFish and I have done for years, and online I use lefailfish because, for some reason, on lots of sites FailFish was taken so I decided to just put 'le' in front of it and use leFailFish everywhere. I've never met anyone online before with a similar name, it's very strange!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeoMantys)
    Anyone any different? :rolleyes:
    Attachment 240874
    I get my timetable tomorrow-I'm in Sixth Form from 1.15pm-4.25pm for an induction day.What does everyone think of my new Bag for Sixth FormName:  Snapshot_20130829_1.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  41.9 KB?-I'm not bringing it for induction because I only require a few things and I would have to carry it around the tour of my Sixth Form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Yay someone else doing sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't there anyone else doing it in this thread? I swear it was pretty popular haha.

ReputationRep:
    It's lovely to meet you! I heard a lot about you while you were gone, I was accused by several people of being you in disguise haha! No, in real life I have the nickname FailFish and I have done for years, and online I use lefailfish because, for some reason, on lots of sites FailFish was taken so I decided to just put 'le' in front of it and use leFailFish everywhere. I've never met anyone online before with a similar name, it's very strange!
    Great minds ay!:mmm:

So, I must learn more about you...
    GCSE Results?
    A Level/IB subjects?
    Do you like languages?

ReputationRep:
    My bag for Year 12. £20 from River Island. Sorted.

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377815267.480567.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  168.9 KB

Also those are my two bass guitars. I use the one on the left (LTD EC-404) almost all the time. The other one (Yamaha RBX170) is the first one I bought.. Rarely even touch it unless I'm moving it. And yes, those are coloured strings, and yes I do regret putting them on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Great minds ay!:mmm:

So, I must learn more about you...
    GCSE Results?
    A Level/IB subjects?
    Do you like languages?
    Indeed!

I'm 16, so I just did my GCSEs, and I got 9 A*s and 4 As. Which I was pretty happy about, but on here that actually seems lower than average!! What about you? For AS level I'm taking Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, which most people seem to think I'm crazy for... as you can probably tell, I like science. I considered English Language instead of Physics, but then I got an A in it, so Physics it was!

I like English and writing, but I'm not as good at foreign languages. I quite liked French, but it's obviously very difficult and I didn't think I could cope with the AS level. I've been to France a few times and I struggle with speaking it there, so even though I did well at GCSE I wouldn't call myself good at French. As for German, I'm amazed I scraped through that at GCSE... I'm awful at it! That's pretty much all my experience with languages aside from a tiny amount of Malagasy that I picked up for going to Madagascar, which was fun to learn but horribly difficult to use. Do you like languages then??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Haha well in that case, excuse my blondness
    That's intense! Must be a pretty good sixth form! However i like to complete my homework/revision at home, so would get pretty demotivated if I was forced and spied on by the teachers on my free's
    It's a bad one actually that's why they do it to make sure people at least do some studying.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there anyone else doing it in this thread? I swear it was pretty popular haha.
    You're the only other person I know taking it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing chemistry, biology, physics and maths! Nervous but excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed!

I'm 16, so I just did my GCSEs, and I got 9 A*s and 4 As. Which I was pretty happy about, but on here that actually seems lower than average!! What about you? For AS level I'm taking Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths, which most people seem to think I'm crazy for... as you can probably tell, I like science. I considered English Language instead of Physics, but then I got an A in it, so Physics it was!

I like English and writing, but I'm not as good at foreign languages. I quite liked French, but it's obviously very difficult and I didn't think I could cope with the AS level. I've been to France a few times and I struggle with speaking it there, so even though I did well at GCSE I wouldn't call myself good at French. As for German, I'm amazed I scraped through that at GCSE... I'm awful at it! That's pretty much all my experience with languages aside from a tiny amount of Malagasy that I picked up for going to Madagascar, which was fun to learn but horribly difficult to use. Do you like languages then??
    Better than me!

Aah, the medic combination :puke: I hate biology...

Aaah I see! languages are amazing :eek: I've never heard of Malagasy

ReputationRep:
    Indeed!

Exact same A levels here!! Really nervous but to me it seemed like they all kind of compliment each other nicely and there was no other fourth a level that I considered apart from physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.