Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakmoh15)
    Is anyone using books for TSA practice? Applying for PPE at St Peters
    I'm applying for PPE as well (Balliol's College) and I'm using Critical Thinking for Students by Roy van den Brink-Budgen to prepare for the TSA - but don't think it's been that helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    Who's taking the TSA?
    me!! did a past paper today and got 50% oh lordddd

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I just sent my application for Biochemistry at Brasenose!
    When can I expect to hear back (and hopefully be invited for an interview)?

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off for Geog at Jesus - anyone else applying for Jesus or Geog?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by vildeung)
    Oh my, I just sent my application for Biochemistry at Brasenose!
    When can I expect to hear back (and hopefully be invited for an interview)?
    You won't be invited for an interview until the second half of November! But in the meantime you will probably get some sort of email confirmation (so keep checking your spam mail in case it goes there!) with instructions of how/when/where to send any written work (if necessary) :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCDude;[url="tel:59876079")
    59876079[/url]]You don't have to send scores until you have an offer- just put them in on UCAS.

What are you applying for / are you applying for the same subject? did you get to interview?
    Ok thank you! I'm applying for E&M again, got an interview last year but didn't get an offer. Hoping to improve my TSA score and that having started at New York University for Economics and Math will help my chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humortime)
    Ok thank you! I'm applying for E&M again, got an interview last year but didn't get an offer. Hoping to improve my TSA score and that having started at New York University for Economics and Math will help my chances.
    Nice! What was your score last time and how did you find the interview process?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    Yep that would be good! I take English lit, Latin, History and dropped RS. You?
    Eng Lang/Lit (my school stopped doing straight English lit 😒), German, and History, and I dropped geography. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skhuller)
    me!! did a past paper today and got 50% oh lordddd
    did u get 25/50 or 50 when compared to the conversion sheet? cos in my first one I got 22/50 which was like 58.0 or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBall)
    Nice! What was your score last time and how did you find the interview process?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a 65.6 last time, which was low compared to all of the practice exams I took, so I think I can improve that. The interviews were honestly very enjoyable, they're nothing like people make them out to be in the intimidating sense. I know I messed up one logic question that they asked me, which I feel is why I didn't get in, but I fully blame that on myself.

ReputationRep:
    Application sent off, now it's serious...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by DanieleZ)
    Application sent off, now it's serious...
    Good luck! What are you applying for and which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Good luck! What are you applying for and which college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PPE at Brasenose. Still just as stressed as before because of the TSA, past papers galore
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PPE at Brasenose. Still just as stressed as before because of the TSA, past papers galore
    Oooh, PPE looks amazing! I'm applying for CS at St Anne's. hahahaha, I know what you mean, MAT preparation is killing my soul from the inside out.

How are you prepping for the TSA?

ReputationRep:
    Does Oxford inform everyone who has applied in November if they have an interview? Or do they start handing out rejections before that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    Does Oxford inform everyone who has applied in November if they have an interview? Or do they start handing out rejections before that?
    Rejections and interview invitations come at the same time. I got my invitation to interview on November 28th last year for Keble E&M

ReputationRep:
    Rejections and interview invitations come at the same time. I got my invitation to interview on November 28th last year for Keble E&M
    Ahh okay, thank you! Do you get an email or does it come through on UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    Ahh okay, thank you! Do you get an email or does it come through on UCAS?
    I got an email from the head of admissions for my college, I don't remember getting anything from UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from the head of admissions for my college, I don't remember getting anything from UCAS.
    Ohh okay, thank you

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Brasenose college too! Why did you chose it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.