Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Yeah. I am also a bit pissed off because I wrote extra information -30mv in that cell, when I think it was +30mv? Like I didn't even need to say that. I also labelled wrong and lost 2 marks there lol. All in all, I know I lost about 10 marks, hopefully should be an A still.

50/60 is more then a comfortable A.

bearing in mind an A was 41 last year and previous years it's been like 44 or 46

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    50/60 is more then a comfortable A.

bearing in mind an A was 41 last year and previous years it's been like 44 or 46
    Yeah, I feel I made a lot more mistakes, I made 4 for literally no reason other than not being bothered to cross it out and rewrite it because the space was limited.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I feel I made a lot more mistakes, I made 4 for literally no reason other than not being bothered to cross it out and rewrite it because the space was limited.
    It's alright, I basically didn't get any of the diaylsis questions right (bar or MAYBE 1 mark) so that's 13 marks down for me already. Fighting an uphill battle here :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It's alright, I basically didn't get any of the diaylsis questions right (bar or MAYBE 1 mark) so that's 13 marks down for me already. Fighting an uphill battle here :lol:
    Haha lol dw bro. I was really happy though because I BS my way through them questions and I got a good few right. I thought I'd do really badly. Worst thing is I got C or something in controlled assessment and last year got 3 ums of an A for bio, so I bet this year will be either be an A/B very close and I haven't even done any past papers for the second unit yet though I think 6 full hard hitting days will be enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mybutton jammed)
    first question

for the anaerobic respiration
    i described the whole process of anaerobic repiration in an animal cell
    and then put stuff like
    only glycolysis can occur
    pyruvate is not produced
    link reaction krebs cycle oxidative phphorylation cannot take place Electron transport chain cannoy take place
    no oxygen so oxygen is not the final electron acceptor
    Pyruvate is produced in anaerobic respiration

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol dw bro. I was really happy though because I BS my way through them questions and I got a good few right. I thought I'd do really badly. Worst thing is I got C or something in controlled assessment and last year got 3 ums of an A for bio, so I bet this year will be either be an A/B very close and I haven't even done any past papers for the second unit yet though I think 6 full hard hitting days will be enough.
    thats what i did ... go same as ya for unit one last year ... did no past papers.
    don think doing past papers is key in bio like it is in maths and chem etc...
    new questions come up and they ask about stuffs u might have just looked over when reading from the book.

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd ask here because I've search everywhere with no luck. Anyone got access to OCR papers from June 14? I'm specifically looking for Spanish, and on the official website it says they won't release the paper til mid August. School doesn't access to the paper either. Help?

E: A2 (F724)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmfunk)
    The only thing that's keeping me going is that fact that I got 294 ums last year ; /.
    Lol I know what you mean I got 276 last year and am defo enjoying the cushion!

ReputationRep:
    Would 45 be enough for 81 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuniorXX)
    thats what i did ... go same as ya for unit one last year ... did no past papers.
    don think doing past papers is key in bio like it is in maths and chem etc...
    new questions come up and they ask about stuffs u might have just looked over when reading from the book.
    I usually analyse the book in detail and have already put the work in a good few months ago so know most of it, just a case of memorising it lol.
    I just want to use past papers to see what they ask generally lol and what I need to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bossun)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it could be 39/38 for an A basing it on the lowest for physics A2 last year. Still Ocr science so could happen yea.
    I hope so and I should be :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieransavage1)
    For the hypothermia question i mentioned how alcohol makes a person not feel the heat as well which would result in the individual not having a behavioural response of putting more clothes on and so will make the symptoms of hypothermia worse causing a positive feedback response.... anyone write anything similar or reckons I will be credited for this?!?!
    Yeah! I wrote something similar to this! Thank god I'm not the only one hahahah

ReputationRep:
    I literally was relying on unit 4 to bring up my grade cause unit 5 I barely know anything 😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sciencegeeks)
    I literally was relying on unit 4 to bring up my grade cause unit 5 I barely know anything 😑
    this is ME

ReputationRep:
    according to the unofficial mark scheme i got 43/60
    would this be enough for an A
    also would they except "outer(cortex)" (this is exactly how i wrote it )for the fill in the gap question
    and i wrote percentage error for the error bar question - which is probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    All you guys with 40's and 50's and I am here with high 20's LOOOL I am done!

ReputationRep:
    LOL this is sooooooo funny!!! Thats exactly how i feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Same Im praying for low grade boundaries😅 I got like 40something marks approx

ReputationRep:
    The Unofficial markscheme is wrong on the question about adaptations of the leaf in shade - it would have less stomata and less chloroplasts. not a greater amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em_mahoney)
    Incorrect, because there is nothing wrong with being gay but everything in this paper was wrong/****ed up
    Thats your opinion not mine. I can describe something how I like thank you very much. #SoCalledFreedomOfSpeach

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.