Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Somaya89)
    ANYBODY here applied late on the deadline June 30? What is the status of your application currently? Mine says "under consideration by the department" for almost 18 days now! As an international student, I am worried about my VISA that would be late!!! Do they consider the fact that an international student should have her decision earlier for VISA issue?!
    My VISA took 24 hours for approval. You should be worried about ATAS (1-2 month).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3k27ac)
    My VISA took 24 hours for approval. You should be worried about ATAS (1-2 month).
    To which program you applied for? And how many days it took for your offer to be confirmed?

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply under the pilot program?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nohandle)
    For anyone still wondering, my documents took the whole 14 days to get confirmed. Two weeks of anxiety. But it does come in towards the end.
    which program you applied for and when?

ReputationRep:
    Without ATAS, one cannot get VISA! Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USA Sam)
    Did you apply under the pilot program?
    Pilot program? I don't know what that is. I completed my ATAS in April (took 20 working days to get approval) and VISA immediately after that (24 hr turnover time). I am a US citizen if that makes any difference.

For anyone wondering about student reg. - I received my Raven and crsid today.

ReputationRep:
    ANYBODY here applied late on the deadline June 30? What is the status of your application currently? Mine says "under consideration by the department" for almost 18 days now! As an international student, I am worried about my VISA that would be late!!! Do they consider the fact that an international student should have her decision earlier for VISA issue?!
    Under consideration by department can take several months, as can the next couple of stages with your degree committee and BoGS. Then you have to find a college that will accept you, and only then can you send your documents to be confirmed.

Have you had any interviews or contact with your department regarding a PhD yet? Because at this late a stage, i can't see how they'll get you processed before the 1st October. Especially considering that the deadline for receiving documents for them to approve was the 31st July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobwood)
    Under consideration by department can take several months, as can the next couple of stages with your degree committee and BoGS. Then you have to find a college that will accept you, and only then can you send your documents to be confirmed.

Have you had any interviews or contact with your department regarding a PhD yet? Because at this late a stage, i can't see how they'll get you processed before the 1st October. Especially considering that the deadline for receiving documents for them to approve was the 31st July.

My interview with the proposed supervisor was on Jun26 and I applied on June30! I dont know what to do now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobwood)

If every stage takes several months, then why the deadline for applying was June30 and the deadline for uploading supporting document was 15July?

ReputationRep:
    My interview with the proposed supervisor was on Jan26 and I applied on June30! I dont know what to do now!
    Did you get an informal offer of study from this supervisor? Because if you didn't, leaving it 6 months between an interview and applying was not a wise move.

I understand that if you don't have supporting documents in the system by end of July, you get an email asking why at some point in mid August to extend the application, otherwise they close the application .

I'd get in touch with admissions for further advice.

ReputationRep:
    I just phoned the graduate admissions office and it looks like they have misplaced/lost the transcripts I sent over to them. If you are still waiting for your offer to be confirmed I would HIGHLY recommend you contact them, as it looks like the admissions office is a bit of a mess at the moment.

I sent my transcripts on the 25th of July and they arrived (as confirmed by royal mail tracking) on the 26th of July. Looks like I need to run around and find another solicitor to certify my copies, what a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nalTnalT)
    I just phoned the graduate admissions office and it looks like they have misplaced/lost the transcripts I sent over to them. If you are still waiting for your offer to be confirmed I would HIGHLY recommend you contact them, as it looks like the admissions office is a bit of a mess at the moment.

I sent my transcripts on the 25th of July and they arrived (as confirmed by royal mail tracking) on the 26th of July. Looks like I need to run around and find another solicitor to certify my copies, what a joke.
    Yes, I have had a long wordy conversation with the "boss" and I will be making a formal complaint. I have been calling every day for the past week and I have finally been confirmed today (19 working days from when they received it, 17 working days from it being scanned). I have now missed out on accommodation, by 1 day because of their disorganization. What I don't understand is that surely they must have this issue every year, but it doesn't seem to be rectified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nalTnalT)

EXACTLY! I sent email to them today too and I confirm the fact that they are a mess!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MastersGirl)
    Yes, I have had a long wordy conversation with the "boss" and I will be making a formal complaint. I have been calling every day for the past week and I have finally been confirmed today (19 working days from when they received it, 17 working days from it being scanned). I have now missed out on accommodation, by 1 day because of their disorganization. What I don't understand is that surely they must have this issue every year, but it doesn't seem to be rectified.
    I am in that COMPLAINT WITH YOU!! They do not understand that this is our LIFE and we are impatiently waiting for our results!!

ReputationRep:
    It's confirmed: They have lost my transcript and degree certificate copy. What an absolute disgrace of an admissions office. They didn't even make any adjustments, just said sorry and told me I had to submit it again immediately.

What a complete and utter ****ing joke. They should be ashamed of themselves. The department I am doing my PhD in are also super annoyed now as well.

Warning to everyone: If you haven't been confirmed yet, call and make sure you aren't in the same situation as me! It looks like they received my letter with my documents in it and then fed it straight through the shredder.

Edit: After a few frantic hours and back and forth between my undergrad uni and Cambridge, they accepted a digital transcript. Just the funding to go!!

ReputationRep:
    If every stage takes several months, then why the deadline for applying was June30 and the deadline for uploading supporting document was 15July?
    Because there are also other earlier deadlines which the majority of people opt for? I mean it's first come first served so applying *on* the June 30th deadline was always going to be extremely risky.

ReputationRep:
    I am in that COMPLAINT WITH YOU!! They do not understand that this is our LIFE and we are impatiently waiting for our results!!
    Um, there are hundreds and thousands of applications going through that office constantly. It's not just about you and your life. Stop acting like an entitled child, **** happens. Most of the time all the applications are processed very efficiently.

Those of us who applied in a timely manner had a much smoother and stress free process. Who, in their right mind, takes 6 months to apply after having an interview and does it on the last day possible?

Maybe consider how stupid you were before going mental on the forum and blaming everybody else for your negligence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgwhat)
    Um, there are hundreds and thousands of applications going through that office constantly. It's not just about you and your life. Stop acting like an entitled child, **** happens. Most of the time all the applications are processed very efficiently.

Those of us who applied in a timely manner had a much smoother and stress free process. Who, in their right mind, takes 6 months to apply after having an interview and does it on the last day possible?

Maybe consider how stupid you were before going mental on the forum and blaming everybody else for your negligence.
    PLZ tell me if you got admission from Cambridge! If yes I would completely remove studying at Cambridge from my mind FOREVER!
    VEry mUch sorry for your words!! Who said it took me 6month to apply?? June 26- interview and June 30- submitted application!

ReputationRep:
    PLZ tell me if you got admission from Cambridge! If yes I would completely remove studying at Cambridge from my mind FOREVER!
    VEry mUch sorry for your words!! Who said it took me 6month to apply?? June 26- interview and June 30- submitted application!
    Yes, I was admitted in February. With your writing, I don't even know how you managed to write your name on the application form.

And no, you said "My interview with the proposed supervisor was on Jan26 and I applied on June30! I dont know what to do now!" Maybe consider proofreading your posts.

God, you're seriously giving me brain damage. I think I have wasted enough of my time responding to you. Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgwhat)
    Yes, I was admitted in February. With your writing, I don't even know how you managed to write your name on the application form.

And no, you said "My interview with the proposed supervisor was on Jan26 and I applied on June30! I dont know what to do now!" Maybe consider proofreading your posts.

God, you're seriously giving me brain damage. I think I have wasted enough of my time responding to you. Goodbye.
    Even if it took 6months for someone to apply, you should act like this? Lesson kid, your attitudes are idiotic! You bombarded someone who is in a terrible anxiety with your most stupid and nonsense words and language! Thanks God! Now I don't care about my application status because I know who they are admitting! Cambridge should be prepared for someone like you unless there are many s*** like you there!!! Are you 18? So childish! You are from US? Do you know how to handle yourself in a foreign country and how to behave people with different nationalities?
    Bye and Good Luck!!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.