Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not_a_horse)
    I've been doing them without time limits but I've been doing them as fast as I can, when I did the mocks I found time not to be too pressured, I average around 70% without time limits and got 710 average on the mocks.
    thanks, that's helpful to know
    well done on the mock!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i really need some help. Sat my ukcat today and got an average of 660 which was below last years Glasgow cut off. As I am a Scottish student, I only really want to apply to Scottish medical schools and really need some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulmedic04)
    Hey guys i really need some help. Sat my ukcat today and got an average of 660 which was below last years Glasgow cut off. As I am a Scottish student, I only really want to apply to Scottish medical schools and really need some advice.
    What was Glasgow's last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    What was Glasgow's last year?
    675 I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    675 I'm sure
    Is it around normally that consistently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manlike99)
    Is it around normally that consistently?
    Not sure, when I was at the campus week with the Reach Programme that's just what they said it was last year

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, when I was at the campus week with the Reach Programme that's just what they said it was last year
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    did my ukcat last week got 600 avg a bit disappointed where do you think I should apply

got 6A* 4A at GCSEs
    4As at AS
    I'm not sure of my predicted grades will get them in September

ReputationRep:
    These were my mock scores;
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx UKCAT.xlsx (10.6 KB, 134 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    These were my mock scores;
    How did you calculate a score /900 to make this table? I might borrow your idea.....

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean i can go into the timming for Decison analsysis if i am struggling with lets say VR or AR. Then i can just guess DA? Or each section has a seperate time limit? i am yet to sit the UKCAT. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Probably 300 + (% of correct answers * 600)

I wonder what impact luck has on the ukcat. Perhaps someone could sit one particular ukcat test and get 700, and another one and get 630. I guess that we will never know how much the difficulty really deviates between particular exams.

I've heard of some people getting very few true/false for VR, and others getting 15+ of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    What are your GCSEs like? If you've got 8A*s or more you should be in with a good chance anyways. If not, try and tick everything in their criteria list which is on their website!
    I've got 7 A* :| But yeah just worrying to see everyone get better scores

ReputationRep:
    How much does Kaplan cost for the mocks. I had a look online and it said £200 something but not sure if I'm looking at the right part of the website?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Just finished the test and I'm sooooo relieved its over.

I'm very pleased with my scores:
    VR: 640 (Very time consuming and much harder than medify)
    QR: 830 (Easy questions, but many of them took 3-4 steps which was frustrating)
    AR: 820 (I think there were lots of partial patterns, so even though I got the main patterns, I didn't get all the questions correct).
    SJT: 2

This gives me an average of 763 .

Overall I did 14 mocks:
    Kaplan (9 mocks) ranged from 700-750
    Medify 1: 723
    Medify 2: 753
    Medify 3: 750
    Official Mock A: 707
    Official Mock C: 673 (I did so bad on this one, not too sure why)

(If anyone wants further breakdown of my mock scores/ preparation/ tips, quote this post and tell me below)

So, my actual score was better than all my mocks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoshBosh)
    Hi guys,
    Just finished the test and I'm sooooo relieved its over.

I'm very pleased with my scores:
    VR: 640 (Very time consuming and much harder than medify)
    QR: 830 (Easy questions, but many of them took 3-4 steps which was frustrating)
    AR: 820 (I think there were lots of partial patterns, so even though I got the main patterns, I didn't get all the questions correct).
    SJT: 2

This gives me an average of 763 .

Overall I did 14 mocks:
    Kaplan (9 mocks) ranged from 700-750
    Medify 1: 723
    Medify 2: 753
    Medify 3: 750
    Official Mock A: 707
    Official Mock C: 700

(If anyone wants further breakdown of my mock scores/ preparation/ tips, quote this post and tell me below)

So, my actual score was better than all my mocks!
    How do you think Medify compares to the real thing then?

Well done, good luck & thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Does that mean i can go into the timming for Decison analsysis if i am struggling with lets say VR or AR. Then i can just guess DA? Or each section has a seperate time limit? i am yet to sit the UKCAT. Any tips?
    No, each section has a separate time limit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVocalSardine)
    How do you think Medify compares to the real thing then?

Well done, good luck & thanks!
    My medify mock scores were as follows:
    VR QR AR
    Medify 1: 800, 670, 700
    Medify 2: 800, 750, 750
    Medify 3: 650, 750, 850

VR: Medify 3 is the most accurate representation and the question bank is much easier than the real thing.
    QR: The questions in the exam were actually very easy, they just required multiple steps, so I ended up guessing a few. Medify is generally harder.
    AR: The real test patterns were fairly straightforward, however, there were some partial patterns which I didn't have time to recognise. Roughly the same as medify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoshBosh)
    My medify mock scores were as follows:
    VR QR AR
    Medify 1: 800, 670, 700
    Medify 2: 800, 750, 750
    Medify 3: 650, 750, 850

VR: Medify 3 is the most accurate representation and the question bank is much easier than the real thing.
    QR: The questions in the exam were actually very easy, they just required multiple steps, so I ended up guessing a few. Medify is generally harder.
    AR: The real test patterns were fairly straightforward, however, there were some partial patterns which I didn't have time to recognise. Roughly the same as medify.
    Ah I see, thanks

ReputationRep:
    All my mock scores and my actual scores are linked below ( I have included a graph too )
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: xlsx UKCAT Progress.xlsx (16.2 KB, 88 views)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.