Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Performance wasn't great. We created very, very little going forward. This result would be OK if we had held on during the week. Simply have to beat Chelsea now. Sick of our mongy fanbase aswell, might move to Holland and start supporting Feyenoord.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Thoughts?

jones > ozil

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts?

jones >>>>>>>>>> ozil

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts?

jk
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Really good performances from both Cech and Butland (surely he's close to challenging Hart for the number one spot?).

The game deserved goals, for sure. I felt that Liverpool's meeting with Man United at Anfield was exceptionally mundane and boring, but this really livened my afternoon and I was shocked to see it end 0-0.

ReputationRep:
    How was Elneny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    How was Elneny
    Didn't play...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Expected him to have a bigger TV.

ReputationRep:
    Look at the state of this

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/ex...n-full-arsenal

Would be one of yours tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Wenger has never beaten a Mark Hughes team away from home. Alarming stat
    Lies!

Pretty sure we didn't have issue with his Blackburn side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Lies!

Pretty sure we didn't have issue with his Blackburn side.
    Yeah I read it wrong, it wasn't "never", it was "not for eight matches". But still, that's as bad as one win vs Mourinho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Yeah I read it wrong, it wasn't "never", it was "not for eight matches". But still, that's as bad as one win vs Mourinho.
    Wenger has never beat Mourinho. Community Shield is a friendly
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Sick of our mongy fanbase aswell
    Better than being a Stoke fan. Worst of the worst. They've won no neutrals over with their antics this weekend.

Apparently some were making breaking bone gestures to Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Better than being a Stoke fan. Worst of the worst. They've won no neutrals over with their antics this weekend.

Well, some Arsenal fans chanted that they wanted Adebayor shot on the bus in Angola back in 2010, but everyone's quick to jump on the next one. Football just inevitably attracts pond scum from everywhere.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Well, some Arsenal fans chanted that they wanted Adebayor shot on the bus in Angola back in 2010, but everyone's quick to jump on the next one. Football just inevitably attracts pond scum from everywhere.
    Obviously, but you could argue the Tottenham HIV chants at Sol Campbell were equally deplorable. There's idiots in every fanbase, of course, but Stoke are the most recent - so they'll obviously attract attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)

Definitely mate. Absolute bunch of vermin. Nearly as bad as spurs fans and their carry on calling Wenger a paedo and chants about Campbell.

That said, like has been posted above, Arsenal fans are guilty of chanting things about Jews and also some pretty bad stuff about Adebayor. I'll join in with a bit of spurs bashing, sing Viva Lazio but there's a line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Definitely mate. Absolute bunch of vermin. Nearly as bad as spurs fans and their carry on calling Wenger a paedo and chants about Campbell.

That said, like has been posted above, Arsenal fans are guilty of chanting things about Jews and also some pretty bad stuff about Adebayor. I'll join in with a bit of spurs bashing, sing Viva Lazio but there's a line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm all for saying Manchester is full of ****, but I'll draw the line at singing about Munich and making airplane gestures.

ReputationRep:
    Just as long as you lot do.

Was loving Moh from AFTV (and Robbie for that matter) saying he would never sing songs about y*ds and was then caught on camera - and still tried to deny it on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Alexis Sanchez is a gift from God. I think every Arsenal fan idolizes the guy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.