Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    What do people put for expected degree grade?

Don't want to appear big-headed putting 1st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    It does say in JPM faq that you can only update your address after submission, I think it is too late already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah godammit. Need to get out of the habit of using the arrow keys to move the page down on applications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stealth_writer)
    Do Soc Gen have a Summer Internship?

Can't find it...
    They should do, it normally opens much later than the other banks so don't worry. I think last year the deadline was Christmas / January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)
    Does anybody have hr email/number for JPM? Just sent my application and noticed I made a mistake in my application (put wrong uni down, not a great one as well aha)

Thanks
    PM'd you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    They should do, it normally opens much later than the other banks so don't worry. I think last year the deadline was Christmas / January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been looking tirelessly for the link. My computer is extremely slow !

If anyone can find their summer internships for London, would they be kind enough to send me the link?

Thanks

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I spoke to the HR before and they did not have the internship programme last year at all, and will not again this year. Unless I'm misinformed...

ReputationRep:
    PM'd you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You hero! Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makrxx)
    I spoke to the HR before and they did not have the internship programme last year at all, and will not again this year. Unless I'm misinformed...
    You must be misinformed because I was on the internship programme last year

Unless you mean the summer just gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas or inspiration with where to go with questions like "please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV?"

Do they want something sporty, hobbies, entrepreneurial as almost everything is on the CV? And also covered in other questions on their application form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    defo failed the citi test, unless the threshold is super low damn

ReputationRep:
    You must be misinformed because I was on the internship programme last year

Unless you mean the summer just gone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah yeah this summer. She told me they only offer trainee roles now which are much longer and essentially a placement

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas or inspiration with where to go with questions like "please share something about yourself that we cannot see from your CV?"

Do they want something sporty, hobbies, entrepreneurial as almost everything is on the CV? And also covered in other questions on their application form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nomura haha

I just talked about about tutoring A-Level students, which isn't on my CV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    Nomura haha

I just talked about about tutoring A-Level students, which isn't on my CV
    I'm wondering if I should just take something off my CV and talk about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probs overthinking this, but for BAML's employment/ec experience section they have an unmentioned unastericked box called 'details'. Any putting anything in that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if I should just take something off my CV and talk about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that would work, as long as you don't take anything major off

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what to put in Barclays app when they ask for year 10 exams date and grade if you are extra-UK (and so didn't do the exams)? Cannot put N/A and HR isn't replying .-."

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kinda like the 'say one interesting fact about yourself'.. I.e. something you've either done or the way you generally behave that would be an interesting tid bit to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iopa)
    Probs overthinking this, but for BAML's employment/ec experience section they have an unmentioned unastericked box called 'details'. Any putting anything in that?
    Put briefly what team I was in, the exact dates, whether I was offered a job, any particular key achievement from it etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On an SHL test it asks "what method of transport was closest" and has a graph showing both time and distance. However, surely 'closest' could mean either time or distance?? and from what I could see (I may be wrong) one method of transport was closest in terms of time and a different method of transport was closest in terms of distance.

Anyone else done this question and know what I should have done?

ReputationRep:
    Put briefly what team I was in, the exact dates, whether I was offered a job, any particular key achievement from it etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks.

Out of curiosity, on applications when they ask what prompted you to apply, apart from an employee referral, does it matter which one you pick and if so are there any that are particularly effective?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.