8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    My input to this thread;

Catherine Tate is the single most talentless and irritating 'actress' and 'comedian' ever to blag their way into public view.

She's intolerable. Cringe everytime I see her 'act.'
    I was going to sum up this post in one word but I'm way too polite but it would have sounded something like hunt.

Okay, she's not the best British actress in the world but this sounds more like someone trying to stir things up. I was really proud of the job she'd done with Donna, I was very sceptical when they announced it, I was a fan of both but thought the mix would be ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    I was going to sum up this post in one word but I'm way too polite but it would have sounded something like hunt.

Okay, she's not the best British actress in the world but this sounds more like someone trying to stir things up. I was really proud of the job she'd done with Donna, I was very sceptical when they announced it, I was a fan of both but thought the mix would be ridiculous.
    I'm not trying to stir things up, I just wish the producers of the show had used a little more insight and intelligence before casting someone who clearly has no ability whatsoever. Let's face it. If she' hadn't of done the Catherine Tate show you'd have been laughing at her imcompetence.

I like Dr Who, everything about it except her.

Watch this for example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmiOC...eature=related

"You're not mating with me sunshine, not a chance me old codger, lets 'ave a knees up at the boozer"

Oh. My. God.

ReputationRep:

Try watching some (or all of the Bonnie Langford) episodes, most of the Billie/Christopher crap. There REALLY has been a load of crap out there over the years, (Adric was a complete knob and I was glad when he died, nothing personal to the actor, just the character) KT was a breath of fresh air!

ReputationRep:
    she wasn't that bad. i mean she portrayed her character well, she wasn't that terrible.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Donna, thought she did well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Catherine Tate exceeded my expectations as Donna. I thought she did good, it was one of my fav series'.

ReputationRep:
    Look let's face it, we know she isn't the best actress in the whole entire universe. But she portrayed the character Donna really well, that role was meant for her, and she made a different sort of companion in comparison to Martha and Rose etc.
    I think she did it justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)

Try watching some (or all of the Bonnie Langford) episodes, most of the Billie/Christopher crap. There REALLY has been a load of crap out there over the years, (Adric was a complete knob and I was glad when he died, nothing personal to the actor, just the character) KT was a breath of fresh air!
    Totally agree. Although do you admit to a tiny bit of sadness about Adrics death? As much as I hated the character of Adric, his death left a tear in my eye! :p:

I actually really liked Tate as Donna. I hated her in the Christmas episode, and was one of those who thought her casting for a series was a rubbish idea, but I ended up absolutely loving her!! I'm so glad she proved me wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream this morning that there was a doctor who convention on and that David was headlining I wish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    I had a dream this morning that there was a doctor who convention on and that David was headlining I wish.
    I wish too!! Ah the thought of it... maybe some day it will happen :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    I wish too!! Ah the thought of it... maybe some day it will happen :p:
    In my dream it clashed with the Torchwood con which is on in October and I was like, "Noooo!" cos I've booked for that. But you could meet DT personally and have dinner with him I think. Maybe if one of the organisers comes up with loads of cash...

ReputationRep:
    In my dream it clashed with the Torchwood con which is on in October and I was like, "Noooo!" cos I've booked for that. But you could meet DT personally and have dinner with him I think. Maybe if one of the organisers comes up with loads of cash...
    That would be amazing.. dinner with DT! But if it clashed with the Torchwood one, I think I'd have to go for that one because I love John Barrowman more :p:
    My friend actually went to Cardiff and met John Barrowman on filming day, she was so lucky!

ReputationRep:
    I think in the end I was working out a way to do both. Wow I'd love to do that. I love meeting people at cons but it'd be nicer in the street. More random.

Actually, speaking of there's the DW exhibition. I think I might book for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmiOC...eature=related

"You're not mating with me sunshine, not a chance me old codger, lets 'ave a knees up at the boozer"

Oh. My. God.
    This was, what... her first proper episode? Not including the Christmas one (which, for the record was the single most annoying character I've ever seen)

She was still settling into the role. She'd never done anything like it before. Yes, slightly cringworthy, but funny.

I was one of those who pretty much refused to watch the series because Catherine Tate was going to be in it and I find her "comedy" extremely stupid and unfunny (about par with Little Britain :p:) and her voice in the Christmas special made me want to break the Tele.

However, as the series went on (I HAD to watch it.... needed a Tennant fix ) she grew and grew as an actress as her character grew and grew on screen. I think the last time we see her (on the phone in the kitchen) she is as annoying and bad as the Christmas special. But inbetween episodes and scenes just constantly improve...

Saying that, everyone's entitled to their own opinions - after all it'd be extremely boring if we all though the same thing and agreed on everything :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, oh! They're starting the new Dr Who episodes on UK Gold. I caught the first one yesterday and the second today. (They're still the Christopher Ecclestone ones)
    But if you set them to record every single day, you wouldn't have to buy the box sets.

7am, though. I'm up that early anyway cause of my paper round, but I doubt the rest of you are.

ReputationRep:
    Now there's a dream I wish. Can you imagine that? haha.

I've been to a Doctor Who Exhibition, it wasn't a massive one, but there were costumes from series 1 of the new series', [because at the time i went Series 2 had just started], also had some outfits of the old cybermens and daleks. Was quite cool
    They also had this thing where when you spoke it changed your voice to sound like an actual dalek. Now there's something funky! :p: :woo:

--
    I don't have UK Tv Gold, otherwise i would have been recording them!

ReputationRep:
    The exhibition sounds great! Now I've just gotta figure out if I have the cash and when I can go.

Me neither, well not here anyway. I do at home.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well fingers crossed you can go! It is pretty cool!

I went up to one in Blackpool. And you know the actual 'Blackpool' series, with David Tennant in that was on a few years back. Well i visted the arcade set that was heavily featured in the series too, well i say visited more like stumbled. I walked past, looked at it and was like, that looks familiar...Looked at it again, and was like OMG, it's that arcade! So yeah.
    You can stand where David Tennant stood Wahey!

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably take it outta my wages. Its the train fare that'll cost a bomb.

Haha, cool I love doing that. You go back home and you're like "I stood in the exact same spot."

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably take it outta my wages. Its the train fare that'll cost a bomb.

Haha, cool I love doing that. You go back home and you're like "I stood in the exact same spot."
    Yeah i was pretty much like that for a few days...:love:
    haha :p:

The thing is i used to live in Blackpool years and years ago, so if i still have lived there, i probably could have gone and see it being filmed :rolleyes:
    However truth being, i think in 2004 when it was made i hadn't even heard of the Tennant then...:eek: It was only until he was in Casanova then BAM. I was hooked! :woo:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.