The Playstation 3 Society III Watch

This discussion is closed.
chernij
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
woooow possibly the worst upload i have ever seen :teeth: zen are one of the best isp's too :holmes:
:yep:

(Original post by kuks)
And I thought my halls of residence had bad upload/ ping :p:
But my friend in Manchester said he had really good upload :holmes:

EDIT:

This is me on a good day during peak time
Ahh, I see. The upload here is shocking. Truly shocking.
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The ping here is so bad, that everytime I post I get told to wait to post because of the time-limiting... it's why I double posted earlier.
:mob:
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone know if there are any good xmas ps3 deals going this year?
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Scrap what I said before, it's not fun when the hacker is using it solely for their benefit :sigh: knifing me from 2-3 times the distance as Commando, nothing but explosives will kill them (not even hit markers for gun shots). This was just one person on the opposite team, no one else had these abilitues
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
I wasn't bothered by it tbh. It's only the 2nd time I've been in a hacked lobby (at least where it's been obvious hacks), so guess I've been quite lucky. With BO less than a week away, I'm not even taking the game seriously myself, so it was a bit of fun. Although I did play my best FFA games ever earlier, 4 games in a row, I came top, 30 kills to about 8/9 deaths bet I can't keep it up for BO...
I bet you can! The good thing about a newly released game is everyone's pretty much at the same level.

I can't say I'm not taking the game seriously cos I can't help it, went 19-4 and 15-3 in two consecutive SnD games of which we lost the first one and won the second one. This is with a full party as well :sigh:
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chernij)
The ping here is so bad, that everytime I post I get told to wait to post because of the time-limiting... it's why I double posted earlier.
:mob:
It's almost too bad though, you're getting ~1.5 seconds of lag which makes online gaming impossible (unless it's RTS) but web browsing must be painfully slow too?

(Original post by Mm_Minty)
No idea, probably find out close to the time but isn't Sainsbury's doing decent deals now? 20% off PS3's or something like that...? :holmes:
Mm_Minty
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bigmo7)
It's almost too bad though, you're getting ~1.5 seconds of lag which makes online gaming impossible (unless it's RTS) but web browsing must be painfully slow too?

No idea, probably find out close to the time but isn't Sainsbury's doing decent deals now? 20% off PS3's or something like that...? :holmes:
I'll check that out, thank youuuu
kuks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:yep:

Ahh, I see. The upload here is shocking. Truly shocking.
My friend said he had a 0.5 MB upload at Opal Gardens? And he had 20ms ping...

(Original post by Mm_Minty)
I just bought one off Amazon really cheap Look at the 160GB one
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
right im going to fook very and woolworths off out of it

if i preorder now am i likely to still get it early if i go with someone else ?!!?!
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

if i preorder now am i likely to still get it early if i go with someone else ?!!?!
Pretty sure you'll get it from Amazon if you choose first class delivery
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Leaving it a bit late now aren't you mate? If your order get's shipped tomorrow it should still get to you a day early...
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leaving it a bit late now aren't you mate? If your order get's shipped tomorrow it should still get to you a day early...
it wont tho, i phoned up last night and they said it could possibly turn up no later than the 13th :wtf: but they wouldnt give me a date of dispatch
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
Pretty sure you'll get it from Amazon if you choose first class delivery
This is what Amazon says on the Black Ops page:

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select First Class at checkout.
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it wont tho, i phoned up last night and they said it could possibly turn up no later than the 13th :wtf: but they wouldnt give me a date of dispatch
:zomg:

**** that! Order it with someone else then, that's really poor service tbh...:facepalm2:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
would you say to just wait
bigmo7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
would you say to just wait
Do you mean to wait to get it on release night or to see if either one of the two ship Black Ops?

Tbh for me that would depend on how much you've paid cos if there's not much difference then get it from Amazon if they're guaranteeing release date arrival...
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have selected first class at checkout :rolleyes:
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
My friend said he had a 0.5 MB upload at Opal Gardens? And he had 20ms ping...
Ahh I see... I'm in private accommodation. The sign-up forms were hilarious; they talked about taking advantage of the 'high-speed' 2MB broadband!
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahh I see... I'm in private accommodation. The sign-up forms were hilarious; they talked about taking advantage of the 'high-speed' 2MB broadband!
hahahaha there's a reason they didn't mention upload :teehee:
My TV is here it's so good to have my PS3 back :woo:
jermaindefoe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
they have frozen the check status thing now on woolworths and it just says excepted, and it was £45 fml

i will take it back for sure - i paid with paypal tho
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.42%
No (90)
72.58%

Watched Threads