Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babelicious_1986)
    i was just about to ask the exact same thing. Try going into it via the university book accommodation webpage which is https://selfservice.ntu.ac.uk/pls/se..._selectdetails click the link on the fifth sentence down and that should after logging in take you to the page with your details on for the accommodation, if not then I don't know what to suggest other than contact them in the morning. this is for lozza666 and smilie btw
    Thanks for the help ! But still no luck Think im just going to call them up tomorrow and try sort it out! Hopefully ive still got my room :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smilie :))
    Thanks for the help ! But still no luck Think im just going to call them up tomorrow and try sort it out! Hopefully ive still got my room :/
    depending on when you rang yesterday or how many people rang to book places that same day, the website could be very slow at updating this information. so just keep trying again today, the uni server may also be down which can sometimes happen so that may be another reason. Leave it another hour or so and check back, just keep doing that until the morning and it may work

ReputationRep:
    Anyone staying in Norton Court?

ReputationRep:
    Same! I called up yesterday and they said my rooms reserved until Monday, so im think im going to call up Monday morning and see what they say! Hope you manage to sort it all out
    Thats what they said to me! I may cry if I've loast my room haha :P You too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza666)
    Thats what they said to me! I may cry if I've loast my room haha :P You too!
    Omg same otherwise im going to be homeless haha! Hope you manage to get your room! What halls you planning in staying in?

ReputationRep:
    Omg same otherwise im going to be homeless haha! Hope you manage to get your room! What halls you planning in staying in?
    Well they offered me a place in Simpsons over the phone, but god knows where I'll end up now! I guess we could be homeless together :P what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brradders)
    When did you sort out your accomodation? When I sorted mine out on Friday the guy told me I only had 24 hours to confirm my booking, otherwise I'd lose it
    Well thats what it said on my email, but I could log into MyNTU because my details weren't in the system a yet, a woman at the university told me that I had it until monday :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza666)
    Well they offered me a place in Simpsons over the phone, but god knows where I'll end up now! I guess we could be homeless together :P what about you?
    Thats exactly the same with me! Well im sure other people must be in the same position too so least were not alone haha thats true! Fingers crossed were both in Simpsons though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows if there are any rooms left cos I couldn't get through on Friday and will be ringing them tomorrow morning?

ReputationRep:
    What it says you will be given for maintenance grant and what it says you will get for the loan will be right, it should give you a total for the year which they have worked out term by term when combining the two together.

Don't forget their will also be a university bursary to add to that in mid february and mid may as well which won't be included on these figures from student finance. these can be found on the uni website and if your getting the maximum loan and grant then its around about £1000 if not a tiny bit more for this. thats split between both payments btw, so £500 each payment date.
    aaah thank you so much!! and omg yeah forgot about the bursary, get innn. cheers for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedjay010)
    aaah thank you so much!! and omg yeah forgot about the bursary, get innn. cheers for that
    Don't factor it in to your weekly budget but treat it as a way of paying off overdraft or buying yourself something or paying for festival tickets or something....it will at least give you more money to spend anyway when it comes to feb and may

ReputationRep:
    Don't factor it in to your weekly budget but treat it as a way of paying off overdraft or buying yourself something or paying for festival tickets or something....it will at least give you more money to spend anyway when it comes to feb and may
    I was thinking of doing that!! Like transferring my bursary from my student account to my other account, and leave it for the summer, as I wanna go on holiday, festivals and also hopefully work abroad in America... Is this ideal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    I was thinking of doing that!! Like transferring my bursary from my student account to my other account, and leave it for the summer, as I wanna go on holiday, festivals and also hopefully work abroad in America... Is this ideal?
    If you want to do it that way then yes its ideal, the 2nd payment of the bursary every year comes into banks about three or four weeks before term finishes anyway, so you won't really have too much uni related things to pay for then so keeping it in your student account or moving it into your other account is fine. its a good idea especially if your not working for the summer you still have some form of money left.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'll have about 1,000 for Summer then Well hopefully I can get a summer job in the states... I'd love that, and being 21 by that time I'm at that perfect age lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kylemusk)
    cant believe i got in, spent the entire night before results day preparing for clearing, was certain i failed! anyone doing furniture and product design or staying in blenheim?
    Staying in Blenheim!! Room 015 ground floor, can't remember what block though!

ReputationRep:
    yeahh i was thinking of doing that but my weekly budget i've worked out comes to like 30 quid a week. at the start of the uni year do you reckon there'll be quite a few jobs going? enough places to get a job perhaps nearby to clifton campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedjay010)
    yeahh i was thinking of doing that but my weekly budget i've worked out comes to like 30 quid a week. at the start of the uni year do you reckon there'll be quite a few jobs going? enough places to get a job perhaps nearby to clifton campus?
    The union usually takes on staff so look on the union website and in the union office opposite the point as they advertise jobs, not sure about nottingham and how many jobs they will have but with christmas coming up many will be advertising xmas jobs and such like, and depending on experience you could go for bar work and such like. most usually want bar staff who have done it before though, so if not you don't really have a chance for taht type of job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.colfer)
    HEY HEY HEYYY

Anyone staying in The Maltings???? What days are everyone moving in? And anyone studying Fash Promotion and Communication?? AHHH EXCITEMENTTTT
    I'm studying FCP! Tooooo excited!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Blenheim on the first floor or nearby? I'm 106!
    Or studying fashion communication and promotion! So excited for freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    Thanks I'll have about 1,000 for Summer then Well hopefully I can get a summer job in the states... I'd love that, and being 21 by that time I'm at that perfect age lol.
    are you getting the full loan though, if your parents earn over £25,000 then you won't get the full bursary. uni website explains it all if you search finance section.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.