Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
The 'breathe' quote:

Some people have had the theory that Kovarian's a midwife... maybe this what she is saying when we see her in this episode, to an Amy in another dimension... or somink. :dontknow:
HereBeDragons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Spoiler:
Show
The block the memories one must be Rory. Or Amy. Or the Doctor now that I think about it. Probably Amy as like in the last series, she'll be asked to remember.

Do gangers breathe?

And why would anyone trust the ganger Doctor instead of the one that's been with them? That's what seems to be alluded to.
When creating her ganger, the first thing Jen said was "cardiovascular system online"
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Speculation on breathing.

Spoiler:
Show
Maybe a ganger sometimes doesn't breathe, maybe it isn't so much a completely reflex action like it is in 'normal' humans. Ergo Amy is a clone. :pierre:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Speculation on breathing.

Spoiler:
Show
Maybe a ganger sometimes doesn't breathe, maybe it isn't so much a completely reflex action like it is in 'normal' humans. Ergo Amy is a clone. :pierre:
Spoiler:
Show
He'll ask her to breathe and she won't be able to or something.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Clip from The Almost People http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/ne..._Almost_People

I thought it was quite funny really. I mean there's just something about Matt Smith in that clip. He makes being weird/odd cool and funny.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
They make an obvious point of the shoes there so obviously it comes down to trying to decide between the two and amy recognises the shoes
TheRabbit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could the Doctor who is killed in the 1st episode of this series be the clone from the last episode? That storyline is presumably going to be returned to at some point, although it depends on what happens in the next episode whether the clone survives.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What are the chances of Amy on Amy sex scene in the next episode? :perv:
Becka-la
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
Minimal probably... Tis a shame but it is a kids' show. :rolleyes:

Is there going to be a break in-between the mid-season finale and the other episodes? If so, how long will we have to wait?
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
The boots and the Doctor(s) in play...
I swear that was posted a few minutes ago? :confused:
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Some new dialogue teasers and other stuff.

Spoiler:
Show

• "I tried to block the memories but now I know, I must remember."
  • "There’s one question in those eyes: why?"
  • "I have a plan - and it’ll destroy them all."
  • "They will melt you."
  • "You’re hurting me!"
  • "Very important, Pond; breathe."
  • "It’s us or them."
  • "Chokey gas!"
  • "I heard in India there’s over 10 million Gangers."
  • "You’re one of us, Doctor."

For anyone who's interested, all of these are in the preview clips on the BBC website.

And the old SFX teasers I posted a while back

Spoiler:
Show
  • It’s a compelling, solid action/adventure episode, with a few irritating moments that don’t quite gel and some lapses in logic. If anything, it feels a little small scale and never really steps up a gear to a level you’d expect from a two-parter, but at least that means it can deal with its themes a little more thoroughly and concentrate on the characters.
  • The last couple of minutes are riveting
  • There’s some new footage – not just “story so far” clips – before the opening credits
  • The Doctor appeals to someone’s better nature
  • There’s a lovely reference back to “The Doctor’s Wife”
  • The Doctor is very scary at a couple of points
  • Amy voices something that may have been on the viewers’ minds if they’ve been following the series I think she mentions Eye Patch Lady.
  • The Doctor once won a bet in a very unusual fashion
  • The Doctor asks Amy to do something he also asked her to do in the last series
  • Some waste product has a profound affect on Rory
  • The TARDIS makes a very unusual landing This is also in one of the preview clips, it looks like the TARDIS falls through the ceiling, probably due to the acid melting it away.
  • By the end of the episode you be left trying to work out when something that clearly happened actually happened If the theory about Amy being replaced by a double is right, then this will be about when the switch occured.
  • There’s a very random balloon
  • The TARDIS is better medically equipped than in “Curse Of The Black Spot”.
Thoughts on these in bold.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
Spoiler:
Show
They make an obvious point of the shoes there so obviously it comes down to trying to decide between the two and amy recognises the shoes
Surely there's no need to spoiler that?

We saw the real Doctor's boots 'fry' because of the acid and we saw him ask for spare boots, size 10, brown and there was also a camera focus on brown boots but you're definitely right. They've made the boots quite obvious.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
It would make a great end to the double parter, with the ganger Doctor saying "So this is how it ends, Pond flirting with herself. True love at last." Seeing as that's what the real Doctor was saying in that little Red Nose Day episode. It would be mildly amusing, anyway.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wow, saw preview one and it was dull. I'll leave the rest, be surprised.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Two Amys...could the Comic Relief special be that poignant in the series? :zomg:

Almost certainly not.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Two Amys...could the Comic Relief special be that poignant in the series? :zomg:

Almost certainly not.
I can confirm that it is almost certainly definitely maybe true.
emi_sarb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have just watched the first ever Doctor Who episode and the Doctor has a granddaughter. :eek:

Maybe
Spoiler:
Show
The girl we saw regenerating at the end of Day of the Moon is Susan, the Doctor's granddaughter.

I was also weird seeing the cranky old first doctor and knowing it's the same person who says "I wear a fez now, fezes are cool" and likes fish fingers and custard.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emi_sarb)
I have just watched the first ever Doctor Who episode and the Doctor has a granddaughter. :eek:

Maybe
Spoiler:
Show
The girl we saw regenerating at the end of Day of the Moon is Susan, the Doctor's granddaughter.

I was also weird seeing the cranky old first doctor and knowing it's the same person who says "I wear a fez now, fezes are cool" and likes fish fingers and custard.
They aren't going to drag something that big back from old who.
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Reckon we'll ever see his daughter again? (the one that was cloned from him a little while back)
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Apagg)
Reckon we'll ever see his daughter again? (the one that was cloned from him a little while back)
I hope so... certainly left it as if we would. It would be funny if he knew her, but she hadn't the foggiest who he was though...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (145)
38.26%
No - but I will (21)
5.54%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.81%

Watched Threads