Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    It's still against TSR rules to discuss them specific interview activities, regardless of whether they are listed elsewhere.
    Good God. Who is the invisible overlord that made those rules? It would be nice if he were to give a rationale for those rules AND be open for change should an appropriately strong argument arose against one of those rules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    By making you sit additional tests they can choose the content and the level of their tests.
    They could just do that on the Skills Tests? It makes it seem like the Skills Tests is just a requirement from the government rather than a requirement than universities agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    They could just do that on the Skills Tests? It makes it seem like the Skills Tests is just a requirement from the government rather than a requirement than universities agree with.
    Cough, no comment.

Although to be completely fair, the skills tests are aimed differently anyway. They are about professional skills needed to be a teacher hence why every teacher has to do them. Whereas the tests in interviews are likely to be testing subject knowledge needed to teach (mainly for primary).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Cough, no comment.

Although to be completely fair, the skills tests are aimed differently anyway. They are about professional skills needed to be a teacher hence why every teacher has to do them. Whereas the tests in interviews are likely to be testing subject knowledge needed to teach (mainly for primary).

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why did you say that?

About the explanation belo, thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    I've posted in this thread a few times now but I'm just so so scared about my (second) PGCE interview on Thursday. The first one I was rejected from.

This might sound ridiculous but what do I do if I don't get into the PGCE? Get a job? Which is ok, but I know so many unemployed graduates.

My friends have heard me about talking how much I want the PGCE, I don't want to tell them I've been rejected because that's depressing.

Please please can I get on to my PGCE. That's all I want for Xmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet16)
    I've posted in this thread a few times now but I'm just so so scared about my (second) PGCE interview on Thursday. The first one I was rejected from.

This might sound ridiculous but what do I do if I don't get into the PGCE? Get a job? Which is ok, but I know so many unemployed graduates.

My friends have heard me about talking how much I want the PGCE, I don't want to tell them I've been rejected because that's depressing.

have they hey said why you were rejected? You can always try next year, take a year, get some more experience and also work experience is very valuable, yes you have to be able to teach but you also have to know what it's like to be employed. I hope you get in! I have an interview this Thursday and next Monday, I'm so worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet16)

I'm somewhat the same, although I haven't had any interviews yet but have already been rejected from my wildcard, understandably... I haven't really told many people yet, partly because it's a little depressing, but also because it's just that one choice. It's a third of my opportunity gone but I still have two left, assuming they will go the way of the other is defeatist. Just wait, chill out, and definitely don't be this nervous and anxious in that interview. Prep and be relaxed and confident, let them see how much you want it through that rather than through nerves.

And I agree with the other response r.e jobs, but also - don't forget there is a 'clearing' route for teacher training just like ugrad UCAS! This is not the end.

ReputationRep:
    The wait is awful and I'm trying not to get disheartened if I get any unsuccessfuls... I've had a year out since my MA and have tried to get lots of working and professional experiences... We just have to wait and see!

On the plus side, I passed my literacy test this morning and have numeracy soon, passed all bar one practise so fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    I'm somewhat the same, although I haven't had any interviews yet but have already been rejected from my wildcard, understandably... I haven't really told many people yet, partly because it's a little depressing, but also because it's just that one choice. It's a third of my opportunity gone but I still have two left, assuming they will go the way of the other is defeatist. Just wait, chill out, and definitely don't be this nervous and anxious in that interview. Prep and be relaxed and confident, let them see how much you want it through that rather than through nerves.

And I agree with the other response r.e jobs, but also - don't forget there is a 'clearing' route for teacher training just like ugrad UCAS! This is not the end.
    That's true . Good luck with your next two.

Mandela said 'it seems impossible until it's done,' and he was right... It feels impossible getting on to the PGCE, but people do it successfully every year.

On a general note, anyone reading this applying for Citizenship?

ReputationRep:
    Application is all paid for and sent off at last! Now we wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieLee)
    The wait is awful and I'm trying not to get disheartened if I get any unsuccessfuls... I've had a year out since my MA and have tried to get lots of working and professional experiences... We just have to wait and see!

On the plus side, I passed my literacy test this morning and have numeracy soon, passed all bar one practise so fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is your numeracy exam this afternoon?
    Good luck! Let us know how you do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry-Louise123)
    Application is all paid for and sent off at last! Now we wait...
    You done your skills tests?
    really recommend getting them done whilst you wait!
    Looks much better at interview!

ReputationRep:
    I know this question has probably been answered a million times but could anyone confirm whether the pass rate for numeracy is still 63%? i have mine tomorrow and i'm so nervous! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    You done your skills tests?
    really recommend getting them done whilst you wait!
    Looks much better at interview!

I haven't yet! I was going to wait to see if I get offered an interview and then book them as I need some more practice first I think they are happy if they are at least booked before an interview, but I can see why it would look better having done them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    I know this question has probably been answered a million times but could anyone confirm whether the pass rate for numeracy is still 63%? i have mine tomorrow and i'm so nervous! thanks
    Yeah its definitely still 63% or 18/28

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Yeah its definitely still 63% or 18/28

Aaaaaah great, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anglia Ruskin acknowledged my application this morning. Bedford have emailed asking for more details about experience but still not heard anything from bishop grotts, has anyone else heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an interview at Edge Hill on Wednesday for Secondary History?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    Anglia Ruskin acknowledged my application this morning. Bedford have emailed asking for more details about experience but still not heard anything from bishop grotts, has anyone else heard anything?
    Nope i haven't heard from them yet, i sent mine off last Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Nope i haven't heard from them yet, i sent mine off last Wednesday.
    I sent mine off Thursday, I just really want to know now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.